Shani

+
RykNiedwiedzia said:
Another vote for that here!Maybe they will release this model along with Djini, so that people who can't use 3D graphic programs can have some unique models for important characters... As far as I remember, when Aurora Toolset was released, it also included some models not present in NwN, for modders especially.
It would be fantastic,if we could get our hands on this...i'd really like to use this Shani to replace the one ingame :D When I saw this screenshot for the first time,I wanted to meet this young lady in the final game...furthermore it fits better to her cards...

The IGN Shani is much better IMHO. The one in the game now looks like a neon-haired Tinker bell from the Broadway Peter Pan musical. Also, it would be nice to have a major female charectar/love interest who isn't a redhead. :dead:

Hogger49 said:
I prefer the game one too, but it's the same problem with Triss. Triss in the game is a hottie, but you'd never recognize her as "Triss" from her gamecard. Zip resemblance in my opinion. I know the cards are a bit stylized, but it's easy to recognize Adda. I can only speculate the game cards were finished well before the in-game characters were finished and it was never cross-checked for accuracy (or too late in production.)
I think the issue with the cards is that just one model was used for them. Look through them, ignoring hairstyle, and you'll see the body proportions and the shape of the breasts is the same in all of them. I also think that it would have been much better if the cards had been rendered from the in-game models of the characters. The fact that, as you say, most of the cards look nothing like the in-game characters they're supposed to represent really bugs me.As for Shani, she's someone who chooses to go on her own into a war zone to work in a hospital (at Brenna), and now, five years later, into a plague ridden city. So she's not very young (because time for training as a medic plus at least five years). She must be at least thirty. She also must be pretty gutsy and characterful. The girl in the IGN picture is too young and too soft to be Shani.

i wouldnt kick either of them outta bed ;D but ingame for me, she seems more innocent ingame

SimonBrooke said:
She must be at least thirty.
Actually, according to the book, she is in her early 20's. She was 17 when Geralt first met her in the saga. At that time, she was in the second year of her medical training. The battle of Brenna took place about a year later and the story of the game is set cca 5 years after that. I was also somewhat bothered by the fact that the women on the cards don´t look like the in-game models. But then, it´s supposed to be a painting, not a photograph.

The in-game Shani looks 16 and not at all like someone who's seen the horrors of the battle of Brenna. I think the in-game Shani is really cute -- though I sorta wonder why she's dressed like Peter Pan -- but she looks too young and too perfect to be a veteran. It's hard to tell in just a side view, but I think the picture shown in the link may be closer to what a doctor who's seen war would look like.

Corylea said:
The in-game Shani looks 16 and not at all like someone who's seen the horrors of the battle of Brenna. I think the in-game Shani is really cute -- though I sorta wonder why she's dressed like Peter Pan -- but she looks too young and too perfect to be a veteran. It's hard to tell in just a side view, but I think the picture shown in the link may be closer to what a doctor who's seen war would look like.
I disagree with you about in-game Shani. To me I find her a believable twenty-six year old - not any older than that, for certain. And in-game I find her a very attractive character - she's very courageous, and, of the women Geralt interacts with, far and away the most honest and the most principled. To go voluntarily into a plague town to treat plague victims - in a place where, as she says, Doctors are not highly regarded or well paid - takes real courage, And to insist on treating all the casualties of the battle without favour, even under strong pressure and threat, seems extremely admirable.So for me it's Shani every time. Triss, by comparison, seems very manipulative and hard.

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
I disagree with you about in-game Shani. To me I find her a believable twenty-six year old - not any older than that, for certain. And in-game I find her a very attractive character - she's very courageous, and, of the women Geralt interacts with, far and away the most honest and the most principled. To go voluntarily into a plague town to treat plague victims - in a place where, as she says, Doctors are not highly regarded or well paid - takes real courage, And to insist on treating all the casualties of the battle without favour, even under strong pressure and threat, seems extremely admirable.So for me it's Shani every time. Triss, by comparison, seems very manipulative and hard.
You have a valid point, but her behaviour sometimes strikes me as really childish. That scene she makes right in the middle of the street when Geralt is on his way to get Alvin is just over the top. I'll agree with you that she has courage, but that doesn't make her a likeable character.

Nimue said:
Nimue said:
Nimue said:
You have a valid point, but her behaviour sometimes strikes me as really childish. That scene she makes right in the middle of the street when Geralt is on his way to get Alvin is just over the top. I'll agree with you that she has courage, but that doesn't make her a likeable character.
Does to me. Yes, she can be a bit needy and possessive, but everyone has faults. What I find difficult to like about her is that if you meet her in the street the morning after, ahem, getting her card, she'll basically give you the brush-off. I understand from a programming point of view what's happening there (i.e. it's her default behaviour and the programmers haven't bothered to give it an override) but I find it most disconcerting!

SimonBrooke said:
And in-game I find her a very attractive character - she's very courageous, and, of the women Geralt interacts with, far and away the most honest and the most principled. To go voluntarily into a plague town to treat plague victims - in a place where, as she says, Doctors are not highly regarded or well paid - takes real courage, And to insist on treating all the casualties of the battle without favour, even under strong pressure and threat, seems extremely admirable.So for me it's Shani every time. Triss, by comparison, seems very manipulative and hard.
I agree with you completely about her character -- she's the most altruistic person in the game, and without the advantages that Geralt has. I love Shani; I just think she looks way younger than she should. If she looks believably middle-20's to you, well, good.

Nimue said:
It seemed very out of character to me when Shani did that, and I got the sense that her usual personality was being sacrificed to the plot. If Triss is a bitch and Shani is sweet and understanding, the choice between them is no longer as interesting. I think they forced Shani to make that outburst in order to serve the quest.

Top Bottom