Shani?

+
Shani?

I've been looking through the FAQ, the wiki page, and all the thread titles on here, but I haven't seen any mention of Shani being in The Witcher 2 at all.I'm wondering if there is any word on this yet, I know it might be too early and just because there is no word on her yet doesn't mean she won't end up in the game but I was just curious. It seems a little weird that there is so much talk about Triss, Zoltan, and Dandelion returning but no mention at all of Shani.Have I just missed any information on her, or has none been released so far?Thanks for any information.

We don't know yet whether she will appear in TW2 again.It's said that certain decisions we made in the first game have an impact in the sequel. Perhaps this refers to Geralt's choice of Shani as his love too.as well. Maybe this is a possibility to meet her again.

deebe

Forum regular
ah greetings kindred.. its a good bet that Shani will make an appearance in the witcher 2 providing her previous role role in the first game, that and the choice between her or Triss was one of the few main decisions that the player makes.

Personally I'm not devastated if Shani doesn't appear in The Witcher 2. She was a nice character but nothing more. As long as Zoltan, Dandelion and Triss are in the game I'm happy. And it gives more space to the new characters that are going to be in the game :)

eskiMoe said:
Personally I'm not devastated if Shani doesn't appear in The Witcher 2. She was a nice character but nothing more. As long as Zoltan, Dandelion and Triss are in the game I'm happy. And it gives more space to the new characters that are going to be in the game :)
Shani was my favorite character in The Witcher :pHopefully some information will be revealed about her soon :) Thanks for the replies.

I would like to sew shani in the game but i would prefer her more alike the as descripted in the book. I just couldn't see the shani of the book in the game...

Would be nice if Shani is in tw2 but i hope CD Project Red don’t forget that some people did not have any significant relations with both Shani and Triss and include other possibilities in the game.

Triss is an important character in the game much more than in the novels. When the game saga continues and CDPR favour us with a TW3 (and so on :-D ) I'm sure we will meet her quite often.I'm not sure about Shani and whether she appears in TW2 again.I fancy... :-D Triss is always the woman who loves Geralts and who fights for him that he loves her the way she does. And there is always an other woman who falls in love with Geralt. She becomes Triss' rival (cat fight starts).(And there are always many other women to seduce.)For the time being we just know Triss is one woman in TW2 ... and Baroness La Valette. I'm curious to learn more about her part in the game.
Tomread said:
I would like to sew shani in the game but i would prefer her more alike the as descripted in the book. I just couldn't see the shani of the book in the game...
When they both met in the novel for the first time Shani was very young and a medicin student at the Oxenfurt Academy.Since then many years have passed and she changed.

PetraSilie said:
Triss is an important character in the game much more than in the novels. When the game saga continues and CDPR favour us with a TW3 (and so on :-D ) I'm sure we will meet her quite often.I'm not sure about Shani and whether she appears in TW2 again.I fancy... :-D Triss is always the woman who loves Geralts and who fights for him that he loves her the way she does. And there is always an other woman who falls in love with Geralt. She becomes Triss' rival (cat fight starts).(And there are always many other women to seduce.)
I never really liked Triss honestly. I've played through The Witcher three times and every time I made Geralt be with Shani, even though I had told myself beforehand that I would try him being with Triss just to see a different part of the game. Its too early to tell but if The Witcher 2 ends up more focused on Triss instead of Shani that wouldn't be enough to spoil the game for me anyways so either way it is fine.

I made a thread about this a while back, unfortunately there's still no information posted since then.. :( Also since then though I've slowly become a bit more firm on the matter and, in all honesty, if she doesn't make an appearance I'll be very upset.One, because I really liked her character. I didn't care for Triss one bit. And two, because the "Shani or Triss" pick was a pretty significant storyline item. To have our decisions from the first game matter but then turn around and force Triss upon us is a major developmental letdown for me, to say the least.Also I notice people mentioning the books but there's a few things you need to keep in mind. Geralt started off with no memory and nothing set personality wise for a reason, so the player could construct him for themselves. He had some personality traits but the major points were up to the player to decide, even it if went against what he was in the books.Another thing is, the vast majority of the business for this game is made up of people who not only haven't read any of the books, they don't even know they exist. I've met quite a few people who like this game and not a single one had any idea this was based off a novel series. So you have to let go what happened "in the books" because to actually work well as a game it has to build off of what happened "in the first game" and that's pretty much it. The books only set the backdrop for the story.

Have to agree that while books are great, devs themselves have stated that they are a rich 'encyclopedia' to draw inspiration from rather than a list of rules/histories to follow. A.Sapkowski is not a consultant on the game which I think he would be if this was not the case.My own 2 cents is that I prefer the character of Triss to Shani who seems v sulky in game so I won't miss her should she not reappear in W2. I also suspect that Triss' involvment with the lodge of sorceress' and their grand agenda will generate some v interesting RP opportunities and choices for her and her ongoing relationship with Geralt.

Shani may have been a bit sulky but Triss clearly had her own agenda and that time she talked with the other sorceress via the mirror was enough to make me consider her a user and almost an enemy. I don't trust her and I don't like her. If she is meant to be Gerald's ladylove then somebody screwed up with that scene.I would go with Shani every time. The sorceresses are playing at being the power behind the thrones but they are clumsy at it. Heavy handed. I see nothing to recomend them.

I too hope Shani will be back, and not just as a minor character :)Although I picked Triss once to see the differences, I'd go for Shani 10 out of 10 times (in real life, too). They both had strong (and sometimes "abrasive") personalities, but overall Shani was the darling of Witcher 1 for me.Her voice and mannerisms were nicer and she also looked slimmer and much younger. I don't know what exactly was wrong about Triss but she looked like a lady well past her prime. It's nice to see they remodelled Triss beyond recognition, and she certainy looks younger and hotter, but probably I would still prefer Shani.

stanpapusa said:
I too hope Shani will be back, and not just as a minor character :)
Frankly speaking, in the witcher saga Shani plays a not-too-major role. There are far more important characters who can be included.She always was, and always will be a one-night stand for Geralt, despite your choices in TW1.

As others stated before, what may have happened in the books is not really important for the game.
oldgaffer said:
Have to agree that while books are great, devs themselves have stated that they are a rich 'encyclopedia' to draw inspiration from rather than a list of rules/histories to follow. A.Sapkowski is not a consultant on the game which I think he would be if this was not the case.
I'll be upset if Shani doesn't appear in TW2. I think exactly like Barid and Juan C de Paz above.

I don't really care. I didn't like her in the first game but her part can't be very major hopefully and with how they changed all character designs so far a new Shani could be nice, the one in TW1 was just pretty annoying.

e-ahmet said:
I'll be upset if Shani doesn't appear in TW2.
And I'll say things are back to where they belong. I'm sorry, but I do think it'll be better for her to stay out of Geralt's life, not only for Geralt, but also for herself. She cannot handle dangers like Triss can, and dangers will be a constant part of anyone so close to Geralt. Also, Shani is not sterile, like Triss and Geralt are. She has a shot at a normal life, and she should take it. I doubt Geralt would ever forgive himself if he dragged her into the same quagmire as himself. One might argue she has the right to make her own decisions, but I actually doubt she's old/mature enough. Additionally, if someone chooses to be stupid, another has to take decisions for him/her.The books might have been only an "encyclopaedia", used only for reference, but you cannot take a lion and a rabbit out of the book and make the rabbit eat the lion in your version of the story. There are always some ground-rules. For example, no matter how fervently some might try to ignore it, a Source is dangerous by its very description. Only a sorceress can hope to keep a Source under control. Realistically, Vizima would have been turned into a heap of ash if Alvin was given to Shani. I stress that I'm not anti-Shani in any way. I chose her in 3 of my playthoughs. And I confess I liked her more than Triss. But I also felt she was slightly out of place, and dealing with events out of her league. That's all.

Shani could play a important role and to tell you the truth I never really cared for her much but she did have her part in TW1.I have to disagree a bit about Shani if you remember her back Story she was in the battle of Brennan as a Medic so I can see her taking charge if need be. True she no warrior or a mage but a healer which comes in handy when needed

A medic in a battle has more chances of survival, much more chances of survival, than does the love interest of a certain witcher everyone is out to kill.Granted she saw the battle to Brenna , but compare it to Triss actually fighting in the battle of Sodden hill. When I compared them earlier, I didn't compare usefulness, but survivability. Its not important who is more useful to Geralt, but who will be be able to handle the union. And even if her power as a healer is considered, sorcerors are far more adept at healing than conventional healers are.I reiterate I like her more than Triss, but all things considered, I feel she's biting off more than she can chew by attaching herself to Geralt. If she has a role in TW2, it should be that of a girl you slept with and never called back and who is baying for your blood, or possibly spreading malignant lies about you so that no one will ever sleep with you again.

Top Bottom