Shaping Nature - Desperately calls for a buff

+

rrc

Forum veteran
If ST people use this card, it is just a desperate attempt to make their faction's Echo card to work. I want to suggest the following buffs for Shaping Nature - with the considering that this is a Faction card and should be better than neutral cards. I don't want to suggest anything big or drastic, but things which make sense and will make it useful and will make us poor ST players feel good using it.

Option 1: Purify an allied unit and Boost it by 6 and give it Veil. [Reasoning: Boosting by 6 and giving Veil is just too weak/bad/pathetic. Lets see Thaw; a neutral card which breaks even and boosts by its provision cost. SoN being a faction card, should be better, but this variation is -3 value from its provisions, which is just very hurting to see that it got printed on a faction Echo card. To make it a better option, if it purifies and then boosts and gives Veil, it will be a meaningful option.]

Option 2: Boost an allied unit by 9. [Garrison is a 10 for 10. I know Shaping Nature gives options, that is why I don't want it to give more point. So, at least be worth its provision value.]

Option 3: This is kind of fine; the ONLY reason being, it synergises with Hamadryad. This option is just too risky; the opponent can purify it and make it just 6 - or 7 by Hamadryad - but it is upto the player if (s)he wants to take the risk.

A buff to the first two options will make ST players feel good and happy about playing this card. So, CDPR, please consider these changes. These are not huge buffs, but very minor and will make this card serviceable.

the design of the card just feels uninspired. for most of the echo cards there is a clear thought and strategy behind but with this one it feels like they didnt have any meaningful ideas and thus just made it another generic boost by X card.
they could at least have gone tits-deep and give it handbuff options for carryover or agleis.

I think both, 1 and 3 should purify first, and I think instead of tall buff option 2 it should boost a unit and all its copies by 2, so you could use to to buff all young dryads or treant tokens.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
This echo card is so bad i felt bad for ST players as soon as i saw it, and removed a lot of my interest in playing Symbiosis decks, i played them on day one and not ever since.

This is partly because of lack of versatility - while NR, SK and NG open up tons of possibilities, the ST one is just some dumb boosts that put it on tall removal area. I agree the card needs a buff, but without a complete rework i probably wont be interested in it.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Top Bottom