Share your best V conspiracy theories

+
Is V stuck in the matrix?
Is he playing a video game?
Is V dreaming?
Is V a cyborg whom Keanu Reeves has hijack for his anti-arasaka mission?

There are bound to be plenty of "Game Theories" after the game has been released. However, I'm curious if any of you want to pre-empt that ^_-

I dont personally believe in those.

What I do suspect is that the son of Saburo Arasaka is pretending to be pro-corporate to try and destroy it from within and you will get to assist with it

One theory I have of what I believe to be a part of the game which was also recently mentioned in the advertisement with Keanu
You can burn the city down or hopefully the city centre where the heart of the corpos is

I have a theory that Johnny might want to jack V's body or use V to bring back Alt Cunningham to betray us and be reunited with his lost lover.

A big theory is that there are still features in the game that the devs have not spoiled. Given they could keep Keanu Reeves a secret just think of some possibilities!

I bet Mike Pondsmith's character will treat us like trash lol!

I dont personally believe in those.

What I do suspect is that the son of Saburo Arasaka is pretending to be pro-corporate to try and destroy it from within and you will get to assist with it

One theory I have of what I believe to be a part of the game which was also recently mentioned in the advertisement with Keanu
You can burn the city down or hopefully the city centre where the heart of the corpos is

I have a theory that Johnny might want to jack V's body or use V to bring back Alt Cunningham to betray us and be reunited with his lost lover.

A big theory is that there are still features in the game that the devs have not spoiled. Given they could keep Keanu Reeves a secret just think of some possibilities!

I bet Mike Pondsmith's character will treat us like trash lol!

Hey! Have alt hack V's body and turn Johnny gay. That'd be interesting.

Keive

Forum regular
I haven't really thought about theories before, mostly because we have different life paths so all these theories could play out differently, such as, what if we are pro-corpo? Then we may not want to burn the city so much, actually, who says we ever have to want to burn the city?
Taking over V's body is a cool theory, I hope to see that somehow in game, maybe even a split second. That be actually a pretty cool way to start a tutorial actually, with Johnny taking over and teaching you whatever new tricks there are, also be a hint of what else he could do if he wants to.

orpos is

This is what i think too . If V can`t get the chip out it follows that V can`t get JS out as well , so a power struggle for control of the shared body ? My first play thru will be Female V so i hope JS likes to put Womens clothes on :p

Is V dreaming?

There are bound to be plenty of "Game Theories" after the game has been released. However, I'm curious if any of you want to pre-empt that ^_-

V brain is copied in the "immortality chip", reason why V can survive things because he doesn't need to have a functional brain anymore, and reason why V cannot remove the chip.

This is what i think too . If V can`t get the chip out it follows that V can`t get JS out as well , so a power struggle for control of the shared body ? My first play thru will be Female V so i hope JS likes to put Womens clothes on :p
Well when you're incorporeal you'll hijack whatever you need. Ghost movies have taught us this :p

The immortality chip is actually a trick by Johnny Silverhand, a myth he uses to upset the power of corporations who will start fighting over it. The most powerful people will start a war and erase themselves over nothing.

Or for people who played "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines"
Immortality Chip = Ankaran Sarcophagus
Johnny Silverhand = Smiling Jack

The immortality chip is actually a trick by Johnny Silverhand, a myth he uses to upset the power of corporations who will start fighting over it. The most powerful people will start a war and erase themselves over nothing.

VTM bloodlines is a hard game to get into these days. The graphics are really outdated. Though I too would also recommend playing it. The VTM TTRPG is better though.

Is V dreaming?

I think that the food in night city is made out of a soylent green inspired recipe.
I also think that there is a devil worshipping cult (since the game has all kinds of religions in it) and Jackie says in the original 48 minute gameplay trailer that the maelstrom gang prays to "the almighty triple 6" and the lyrics to "holes in the sun" also appear to have lots of hidden meanings. I think that if V follows the clues, that they can uncover the secrets in the game, and stop or join the badguys depending on their choices. Also, if there are bad guys, there must also be good guys too. I think that the lore for Cyberpunk2077 is going to be EXTREMELY deep. Like secrets hidden in plain sight everywhere.

I totally think the matrix theory is possible, like if the entire game is a braindance and V is just a brain floating in a jar.

Really interesting theory I have: That V's entire origins are 100% fake no matter what the player chooses, and that V literally IS Alt Cunningham, and that she created V and programmed their memories so that she could hide inside V the whole time and control V without V knowing that they're actually already a full body conversion cyborg, but so high tech and so convincing that V can still go to the ripperdock and the ripperdock never notices anything that gives it away, but maybe they comment rarely "hey that's strange" but think nothing more of it. I think that V stands for Vendetta (cool hidden reference?) and it's just a coincidence the game comes out in NOVEMBER.... remember remember! And it would be an amazing twist considering that Johnny Silverhand is possibly looking for Alt, but then maybe She's been inside V RIGHT NEXT TO JOHNNY, without him knowing he occupied the same space as V and Alt at the same time. Then maybe in one of the endings, V, Alt, and Johnny, all undergo a merge where they become the same consciousness and transcend human limits and become the most powerful AI in the entire world, and then take down the black wall and make peace with the other AI and get their help to basically establish a good relation with the world, but also protect themselves just in case anyone tries to stop them. Maybe there's multiple versions of even that ending, with more good, or more evil versions of that?

What does everyone think? :think:
The actual year is 3077 and you are a researcher hooked into the Animus fighting the Abstergo Corp.
That's kinda cool. Hey, you wouldn't happen to be related to a Sigourney Weaver would you? :coolstory:

That's really interesting. I wonder how he convinced them it's real, if it's fake? If it's fake, How is Johnny real?

Last edited:
As long as I don't need to collect 20 glimmering icons that are placed in obscure parts of the city just to unlock a new song on the radio.
Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey
what do you think of my theory?
:) it's good?
:LOL:

also yea I don't wanna collect annoying things. :shrug:

The immortality chip is a ticking time bomb, granting immortality to the personality on the chip by eventually completely replacing the consciousness of the person it is implanted into. Yorinobu Arisaka intended to have Johnny implanted into his father as a means of destroying Arasaka corporation from within.

V and Jackie end up throwing a wrench into the works by stealing the chip, with V in danger of the fate intended for Saburo Arasaka.

The immortality chip is a ticking time bomb, granting immortality to the personality on the chip by eventually completely replacing the consciousness of the person it is implanted into. Yorinobu Arisaka intended to have Johnny implanted into his father as a means of destroying Arasaka corporation from within.

V and Jackie end up throwing a wrench into the works by stealing the chip, with V in danger of the fate intended for Saburo Arasaka.

I like that one :D clever.

Its a simulation by the machines similar to the Matrix but taking place far into the future. The real fight is in the Net and not in the material world. The struggle that is going on in the material world is just a big distraction. Hopefully, the second game focuses on the real antagonists.

That's a cool idea but I would personally be very disappointed if it were true. It doesn't really excite me or inspire any feelings in me. It doesn't sound shocking or deep or intense enough to catch my attention and draw me into the plot. Just my opinion.
Its a simulation by the machines similar to the Matrix but taking place far into the future. The real fight is in the Net and not in the material world. The struggle that is going on in the material world is just a big distraction. Hopefully, the second game focuses on the real antagonists.
THISSSSSSSSSSSSS..... is a really good theory. I mean, THINK ABOUT IT......... Night City is all about "cool" and "looks" and "style" and obsession over the physical. (Maelstrom praying to the almighty triple6 as Jackie says in the original 48 minute gameplay, as well as Maelstroms obsession with modding their bodies) It's like Night City is designed to be the perfect distraction from the hidden and forbidden truth that's conveniently locked away beyond the black wall "because there be monsters in the abyss" What if there are no rogue AI back there, and the whole entire history of why the net was locked away beyond the black wall was actually a forged and faked version of history to hide the real reason why the world was cut off from itself, or rather... the real world?
If the corrupt and the evil are running Night City, then the truth they forbid and censor must actually be something good, or something bad for them if good people were to know. Keanu Reeves is Johnny Silverhand. Keanu Reeves was in the matrix.....

It's kind of like Flat Earth theory Vs Nasa. The evidence in support of it is surprising and far more believable than the alternative, and for some reason there isn't that much evidence to support the original claim that can be observed and witnessed by first hand accounts, people who are literally there to touch it and see it with their own eyes and hands. Some say "well the astronauts" While others say "Well the astronauts aint us, so make us astronauts or concede" In comparison, surprisingly, the evidence is lackluster. It doesn't matter if the earth is flat or not, in the end it is the evidence that the evidence in support of the theory sounds far more plausible and believable than the original claim is in itself- evidence that the original claim isn't really doing a convincing job of holding much water to begin with, which really says a lot considering all the astro-nautical miles they claim these space-ships have sailed. When the original claim can not even remotely defend itself against even the smallest criticisms, it doesn't matter if the counter theory is wrong, it shows there's something wrong with that original claim in some way, shape, or form.

Just like flat earth theory, Night City isn't some perfectly understood concept and reality that is guaranteed to be defined by a strict and infallible set of rules and parameters and definitions. The only truth that you can know, is that you do not know the truth.

yet

Really sets the tone doesn't it?

Last edited:
Okay I have a theory that the Cyberilluminati doesn't want this thread to get popular and well noticed, because then people will know the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why the thread is only a page long.... it's BECAUSE the theories are ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD...... :oops:

dunn dunnn dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNN!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom