Share Your Screenshots!!!

+
B) Where is he?
I honestly can't remember for certain, but I think it's near one of those "Defender of the Faith" shrines, the one furthest south.
Eh, failed at reading comprehension. :facepalm:The NPC is at an abandoned site, originally controlled by bandits. Mire Landing it's called, near Byways.

C) Did you get a perfume recipe from him? :)
He just kept repeating that one line -- although now that I think about it, I didn't actually talk to him. :oops:
Should try that the next time I play the game.
Update: he cannot be talked to; he doesn't even have the "Talk" prompt above his head.

Last edited:
I realized last last night that it might be a much "wider" reference than I initially thought. Because:
1. Velen is known for swamps, and the brickmakers' village is in a swamp.
2. Mire Landing
3. Byways is nearby, and it's a brickmakers' village
4. Byways is initially overrun with necrophages -- just like the the clay pits in Witcher 1
5. Bit of a stretch, but there are cannibal communities in southwest Velen -- and there is a cannibal living in the swamp.

Aaaanyway, here are a couple more screenshots. :cool:

Cold-blooded killer preparing to shoot a deadly bolt (free camera FTW).
crossbow.jpg

Wading through probably muddy waters, because why go around when one can go through.
inthewater.jpg

(Again, right-click and "View Image" -- for Firefox users at least -- to see full-sized versions.)

I wonder if that place is significant in some way?

Frozen mid-attack. Literally!

(View Image applies to these as well.)

Exploring the rooftops of the Crow's Perch. I managed to get into that tallest tower actually (some nice alchemy recipes in there), but not on its roof. If anyone knows how, let me know :)

I don't recall ever reaching that height -- rather tricky architecture . . . however, if you don't mind the wrath of the Baron's men, I know a jolly little game Geralt can play with the roof of the main hall's square tower.

Yes, please share! Exploring pays off pretty well, since since nice stashes are hidden in hard to reach places.

Sometimes I miss the mechanics of The Saboteur though, where you can climb on practically any building. :)

Yes, please share!
No payoff in loot for this one, I'm afraid, but it's still a fun detail. If you fling a bomb at the dilapidated roof of the tower, it, and part of the wall, will burst and crumble. You'll need to be fairly close for the destructible asset to trigger, though, so watch out for the guards, who'll become rather angry at this wanton blasting. To my knowledge, the Baron's roof is one of the few structures which Geralt can damage; however, I've not taken the time to chuck explosives at every building. . . .

Mysterious elven tombstone on Fyke Isle:

It radiates yellow light, without any obvious sources like candles or torches.

Keira's magic lamp doesn't reveal anything unusual about it

Exploring some wild areas.

Sunset on one of the remote Velen islands:

Thunderstorm in the bay near Lornruk, Velen:

Last edited:
Ah, I see we share a hobby.
It can be rather perilous, though: Quite a few fatal falls.

Yeah, quite risky especially since you can't control the grabbing mechanic - it's rather random.

Just observed a funny dialog between two Dwarves in Farconers (Novigrad):

— Know what irks me most about Novigrad? The fuckin' proportions. Stairs too high, chairs too narrow, tankards too small. And the wenches're too bleedin' large. And when I walk down the street, I'm ever only starin' at someone's arse!
— That part's not all bad...

Top Bottom