Share Your Screenshots!!!

+

Wow, is that with YALM active?

What's a YALM and does it fix the draw distance in the game?

YALM stands for Yet Another Lighting Mod and it completely changes the lighting of the game. You can find it it here

And yes it does remove much of the distance fog. The mod is not perfect though as the sun becomes huge and nights become quite bright. But I definitely recommend those that has already beaten the game once to give it a go for a vastly different visual experience. :)

Keep in mind when using my preset with it there is a compatibility file on my nexus page that you need to download and all the envBlend values when installing YALM need to be set at 0.8.

:geraltsad: I wish i had a good computer (more money haha) to have a witcher 3 looking like that, it doesn't look like that at all on my ps4 ^^
You are so lucky guys :geraltthatsgood:!!

@Alastre, do you actually play at that resolution? Must be epic.

Also, @Mezziaz, if you're wondering why my shots look a bit different than yours (in the sharpness department) it's just because i added some blur due to personal preference ;)
And i'm loving to go into caves/dungeons/any interiors with your preset.

Last edited:
@Mezziaz, if you're wondering why my shots look a bit different than yours (in the sharpness department) it's just because i added some blur due to personal preference ;)
And i'm loving to go into caves/dungeons/any interiors with your preset.

I didn't even think about it and any personal edits are of course very much welcome. :)

Loving your shots so far! Keep 'em coming.

I hate to look at that place. But...

Not really as good as the previous ones, but still felt like sharing them. :geraltsad:

@Kidoki Yep, glorious 4K...and indeed it is epic...can't believe what a masterpiece CDPR gave us...simply amazing. Oh and don't worry your screens are all good! :)

Not an expert in screenshots but the beauty of this thread demands a contribution.

Here are some of mine :)

They are reduced from 4k to 1440p because for some reason my upload stops when I try to upload 14 mb files on DeviantArt.

@Kidoki: Your screenshots are just stunning. Do you use modifications and/or presets? :)

I'm using Mezziaz's preset. Here you go

I have to turn off some things due to performance problems, but they don't make a difference that i really noticed. My screenshots have at least the bloom activated, but for me it doesn't make much difference, it's very subtle.

What i did is, i disabled Depth Of Field (McFX settings) and Ambient Light (GemFX Settings) for normal gameplay (you don't need to if you have good performance). I also boosted SMAA (SweetFX Settings) a lot.

I then enabled Gaussian Blur (CustomFX Settings) which has its own sharpness control. I set the blur to 0.30 and the sharpness to 0.05, 0.07 or 0.10, that's your choice. (Disable LumaSharpen on SweetFX if you're gonna use Gaussian, also i don't use the in-game sharpening).

If you want it to look like Mezziaz's recent screenshots (much less fog in the distance) you have to use YALM. There's a compatibility pack on the preset's page and also instructions on which EnvBlend value you should use.

@tahirahmed Holy awesomeness. Your game looks like a dream to me.

Last edited:
OMFG. *speechless*

With those unbelievale screenshots in mind it is clear that with the release of an official modkit it would take less than 4 weeks before the game looks like 2014 again.... holy shit, there is so much potential hidden in this engine.

@tahirahmed: I feel reminded of this again:

Last edited:
@Kidoki

Thanks :) some of you have amazing tricks up your sleeve to make the game beautiful, for example I like your last batch of screenshots, the torch is emitting perfect light (first shot) and the grass has great shadows (second and third), I just used Mezziaz Reshade preset + 4k, I made some tweaks to the shadows/lighting as well using this thread.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36088-A-compendium-of-tweaks-and-fixes-for-the-PC-version

Glad they didn't disappointed. I plan to use YALM on my second play, must give a different experience.

@CoconutChriss

Thanks man :) and I agree completely that the engine itself is capable of doing much more despite the fact that the game looks amazing in it's current state. I can't wait to get more control over things like increasing particles in Igni, smoke, lighting, shadows and oh I forgot the infamous grass :D the possibilities are endless. I hope we get a modkit soon.

Will share more shots soon ;)

Not an expert in screenshots but the beauty of this thread demands a contribution.

Here are some of mine :)

This is actually the first time I have seen the game running with my preset in that high of resolution (downsampled but still).

Your glorious screens just made me want to invest in a new 4K monitor and some new GPUs. :)

Are you sure you are not an expert at this after all?

I took these screenshots while experimenting with different presets. Some of these use vanilla settings with no reshade. I honestly forget which ones use which, but they all look nice in their own ways. I enjoy taking taking screenshots when a game is this artistically brilliant, and monster battle screenshots were especially fun to get. Main focus was on composition.

Last edited:
This is actually the first time I have seen the game running with my preset in that high of resolution (downsampled but still).

Your glorious screens just made me want to invest in a new 4K monitor and some new GPUs. :)

Are you sure you are not an expert at this after all?

Thanks mate, the real credit goes to you for making such a beautiful preset that takes the game to another level, we are just reaping the fruits :)

Lol I don't call myself an expert because some of you do crazy stuff like camera hacks giving amazing views, more deep file edits and so on, I just stick to your preset and these

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=2
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=2
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=2.5
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=2.5

Btw you need a pair of 980 Tis if you aim for 60 fps at 4k, I can only manage 40 - 45 with my pair of overclocked 980s. The game is perfectly playable since it doesn't go below 30 anywhere but still 60 at that res is like a dream a come true :)

Here are some more this time managed to upload 4k ;)

Two from a quest

Top Bottom