Share Your Screenshots!!!

+
I tried the stlm, and no grass ao i probably could have learned to live with.. I really couldn't do it after about a minute though... Blue fog > speedtree.

How much work do you guys do to line up a shot that shows those terrible trees in the right angle? When i look into the distance (playing not shotting) the cardboard trees completely kill it for me. Do you guys have any settings to get good quality at the distance you can now see? Advance thanks for any help.

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3742/

Travel backpacks, swords, and camping equipment, are all on sale for the next week at the armorer in novigrad. You all should go stock up and come along next time.

Can anyone tell me why any program is making screenshots much darker than in game picture is in fact? For example this:

It was made during bright and sunny day. But on screenshot it looks completely different and it looks like any lighting is removed. Why? I have tried Fraps(it was making almost sepia screens), Play Claw(a bit better), Reshade screenshot option and MSI Afterburner(those two are making screenshots like this one above). But why are those screenshots completely different than actual game?

Can anyone tell me why any program is making screenshots much darker than in game picture is in fact? For example this:

It was made during bright and sunny day. But on screenshot it looks completely different and it looks like any lighting is removed. Why? I have tried Fraps(it was making almost sepia screens), Play Claw(a bit better), Reshade screenshot option and MSI Afterburner(those two are making screenshots like this one above). But why are those screenshots completely different than actual game?

The game probably doesn't have the same gamma settings as your desktop, they should be the same however if you play in Borderless Window mod instead of Fullscreen mode.

The game probably doesn't have the same gamma settings as your desktop, they should be the same however if you play in Borderless Window mod instead of Fullscreen mode.

I play on fullscreen. Game in borderless window mode looks like this screenshot above, thats true, but I play on fullscreen, its much brigher than borderless window mode for me, so why all of those programs are making screenshots for borderless window mode?

I play on fullscreen. Game in borderless window mode looks like this screenshot above, thats true, but I play on fullscreen, its much brigher than borderless window mode for me, so why all of those programs are making screenshots for borderless window mode?

When you are viewing the screenshot you are looking at it with the desktop gamma (since you are back in dektop and no longer in the game) which is why it looks darker.

@vesemas228 I think it's an older version of Uber F. Suite with stronger bloom.

Wow... That's really nice.. Hmmmmmmz.

For the realistic preset, sweetfx.cfg for vesemas was here look, while staying true to his preset.
#define Saturation -0.40
#define FogColor float3(2.00,1.80,0.50)

Its quite close to his.. just the greens nerfed out a bit more.. i remember when initially developing mine.. why i kept pushing the saturation was theres one or two grass/shurb/tree textures that look so obviously like a cartoon if you don't nerf the colors.

Also @Kidoki if you have UseMipRefiner=true that's why -1 looks bad. Not using the refiner and not having to turn it down to -0.7 like he does also works :p

KIDOKI!! HOLY CRAP.. have you tried turning the gamma down (did learn a trick from uber fidelity suite, thanks!!!), with my preset? Mind blown. Shadows aren't so blown up.. but as dark as you want no/very little detail is lost. Hmmm playtime, should be good.

Last edited:
I never really gave E3FX a chance. Decided to try it for real... gotta say i quite like it. I liked the sky colors and enjoyed the super bloom.
Doesn't beat any of my 3 favorites though, but it's nice :p
(Not actual spoilers, feel free to check)

Just more Geralt, Ciri and some Yen... Not really great pictures, just me having fun fooling around with the debug console.

White raindrops aren't distracting at all...

@vesemas228 Hm, MipRefiner seems to make a lot of textures, especially ground ones, a lot better in my experience. Are you saying it causes the excessive shimmering? Not sure if i understood you correctly.

Well, the author of Uber F. Suite recommends a gamma value of 1.32 (which is more than the default value of 1), so why did you end up lowering it? Maybe i'll install Cutscene Lighting again and use your preset a bit, trying the lower gamma.
But the skybox on of CL always makes me go back to vanilla lighting , sadly :(

Last edited:
Hm, MipRefiner seems to make a lot of textures, especially ground ones, a lot better in my experience. Are you saying it causes the excessive shimmering? Not sure if i understood you correctly.

Well, the author of Uber F. Suite recommends a gamma value of 1.32 (which is more than the default value of 1), so why did you end up lowering it? Maybe i'll install Cutscene Lighting again and use your preset a bit, trying the lower gamma.
But the skybox on of CL always makes me go back to vanilla lighting , sadly :(

Well, yeah i guess i could give it another go.. with -1 and no refiner the ground registers as alright to my eyes. I applied the suggestion from uber fidelity to add mip refiner, leaving mip bias at -1 and everything looked too sharp.. or somehow off. Uber fidelity also suggested turning mip bias down to -0.7... so whether the refiner at 0.7 is noticably different to no refiner at 1, yeah i still need to check out. Im trying not to see things like movement shimmering.. lol. Was purely thinking in terms of iq.

EDIT: Mip refiner at 0.7 is heaps nicer. I choose to not afford it though, i'm pushing my setup as it is and it adds noticable frame latency. Awesome learn.

My preset significantly blows up the shadows.. it brightens them significantly. Turning the gamma down definitely does offset this effect, but still keeps the details. You can walk under a tree, with shadows looking more like the original level of darkness, and still make out all the details of geralts boot, which is lost in every other config ive tried at least. Something like that. I'm still experimenting, as turning down the gamma changes the ao look and colors a bit..

Yeah the skybox cutscene ligthing, looking at your shots at least is definitely worse when there is clouds... i think. As a playing preset as the intent, the priority is strongly the ground.. i don't often look at the sky, except when mountain climbing sure. I know i'm different there though.. ever since coming here everyone except me seems to be concerned with things like lod distance and sky.. I look at the ground, the focus for me is the view ring. :) Thats totally fair though each to their own.

Last edited:
I never really gave E3FX a chance. Decided to try it for real... gotta say i quite like it. I liked the sky colors and enjoyed the super bloom.
Doesn't beat any of my 3 favorites though, but it's nice
(Not actual spoilers, feel free to check)

Wow amazing screenies

Great pics mate.

The intensive AO seems to be a result of essenthy's super turbo lighting mod, but the interior lighting and the 1st shot don't look similar to my game. Did you use any presets on top of super turbo lighting?

Top Bottom