Share your The Witcher Videos

+
wow! since most of the footage we have already seen, I found that the most interesting part was hearing what kind of music the authors chose to put with the movies. Always fun to hear what people are listening too... There are some really creative witcher fans out there!

loopy: last.fmhow bout a topic what music do witcher fans lisen to (not like anybody woudl care...)

i didn't know that there is such topic. in the near fiture i'll put my second film on youtube, so wmv won't be a problemBTW - Tenser, have you tried Vplayer? this program automatically downloads codec for wmv:)

hey, these fan movies are fine the music from the first movie in this topic is great, I heard it somewhere sometime, in some movie at cinema maybe... from where is it, please?thanks

yenna said:
hey, these fan movies are fine the music from the first movie in this topic is great, I heard it somewhere sometime, in some movie at cinema maybe... from where is it, please?thanks
It's from a movie called "Requiem for a dream". The whole soundtrack is totally awesome.

yes!!!!!! thank you very much!!!! I knew, that is something like that, this music winds down my throat as well as that movie, very "desperate" movie....moving hearts....And do you (or anybody else) where can I find the music from this movie on Internet or who did the music?I would be grateful very much

yenna said:
yes!!!!!! thank you very much!!!! I knew, that is something like that, this music winds down my throat as well as that movie, very "desperate" movie....moving hearts....And do you (or anybody else) where can I find the music from this movie on Internet or who did the music?I would be grateful very much
The music was composed by Clint Mansell and you can buy it HERE - or borrow it from someone who had already bought it ;)

Daerdin said:
It's from a movie called "Requiem for a dream". The whole soundtrack is totally awesome.
It is true, but not exactly. Music that I used in my movie is more dynamic than from "Requiem for a dream". It has the same title, but it is from Lord of the Rings The Two Towers Soundtrack

qurak said:
Daerdin said:
It is true, but not exactly. Music that I used in my movie is more dynamic than from "Requiem for a dream". It has the same title, but it is from Lord of the Rings The Two Towers Soundtrack
Say what? I've got that soundtrack on my shelf and I don't see such title on it. Are you sure you've got the right CD?

Honestly i might be wrong Daerdin but i'm sure this music is from Lord of the Rings ( U can hear it in LotR trailers) Its a re-arranged and reorchestrated version of the theme from 'Requiem for a Dream'. e: I checked: it isn't available on the soundtrack (sorry my mistake )

qurak said:
Honestly i might be wrong Daerdin but i'm sure this music is from Lord of the Rings ( U can hear it in LotR trailers) Its a re-arranged and reorchestrated version of the theme from 'Requiem for a Dream'. e: I checked: it isn't available on the soundtrack (sorry my mistake )
Well, I don't think that music from one movie was used with trailers to another :) Maybe those were just fan-trailers ;)

Daerdin said:
Well, I don't think that music from one movie was used with trailers to another :)
I don't know about this case specifically for Lord of the Rings, but in my experience, lifting music from other movies for another movie's trailer seems quite common. It seems like I am hearing this all the time. I don't know if this is simply because they don't yet have the specific music for the movie selected/or composed at the time of the trailer's release, or if it is a marketing attempt to try to associate good feelings from one movie to another movie. An example of cannibalized movie music I hear all the time in new trailers is (and I'm going to sound like a total chick here) the music from the movie "Little Women." Now, most people could care less about this movie, but it did have quite a fantastic soundtrack and I hear it all the time. Probably most people do not even realize it was originally composed for this film. I also remember hearing the theme for "Edward Scissorhands" in a trailer for the film "Big Fish." In any event, it always seems to be very inspirational/emotional or epic sounding music this happens to.

Daerdin said:
qurak said:
Well, I don't think that music from one movie was used with trailers to another :) Maybe those were just fan-trailers ;)
Thanks for sharing you thoughts...Qurak you mean "Requiem for a Tower". It was created spacially for Lotr trailer and it wasn't used in movie soundtrack. Great stuff, I used in my movie too ;] (there was a couple of versions of this track)

I have had many discussions with my friends regarding those two tracks. Both sound exactly alike (the LOTR trailer music, and the Requiem for a Dream music) I have not done my research, but perhaps its the same sound studio that did the music... or it was slightly modified for the LOTR... (since lotr is newer than requiem for a dream)In any case there are a few distinct differences in the two pieces of music, but they are strinkingly similar...almost wierd since the two movies they come from are totally different (ones about losers doing drugs, and the other is about hobbits smoking - hmmm maybe not thaaat different) hahah jk :)

MasPingon said:
Wtf sleeve?Did you read my post?? IT IS REARANGED VERSION OF REQUIEM FOR A DREAM THEME
wtf MasPingon? Maybe it will be more productive for sleeve to read more about it here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Mansell than shouting at him. Although this track has never been officially released, it has made the circuit of fan-films and advertisements a thousand times over. Despite all that, I have yet to find the track by itself just as music anywhere on the internet, but then again I'm not looking all that vigorously for it. Perhaps it would be easier to find the original track called "Lux Aeterna." or maybe ask nicely one of the fine gentlemen who used it in their witcher films?

Top Bottom