Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
I'm looking at this and thinking if his last card is Ekimmara and you have Peter in your pocket...

But I think you still won, right?

partci;n9851781 said:
But I think you still won, right?

Not my game, so I'll just quote the player:

Sgt_Prof;n9080860 said:
This happened after I passed the second round with card advantage and my opponent used whole round to consume and breed. At the start of the next round he consumed super boosted vran and let me too face it. It was strange tactic. However, connected was lost during the game and I don't know if I could beat him.

It was just so much fun, knowing at the beginning of the opponent's play, he always had no chance. He always had lost, from the beginning... I had my Geralt:Igni right on hand, so I didn't need to francesca him.

Another play: against a Henselt machine gun. All remaining attack force that I had in my hand was Geralt:Igni, I knew I had to shoot down this single opponent's machine, or it would nail my ST troopers down to the ground, because Henselt wasn't played till now, so tactically I moved this 7 point machine to a row, where it would be the highest value, played Geralt:Igni for lousy 7 points gain, but this action truely saved my a.. . Henselt's remaining forces on hand? Support units and - fin d'épisode.

So for me Geralt:Igni is much better than his reputation. He saves one from shooting in your own foot via Scorch.

Last edited:
frytom;n9851961 said:
So for me Geralt:Igni is much better than his reputation. He saves one from shooting in your own foot via Scorch.

Igni was never bad to begin with, even after the 5 strength threshold nerf. It's just a card that has the potential of being a very expensive 5 strength gold card. Having cards that can move units to a different row does help a lot. Using weather to bait row stacking also works wonders with Igni, Hailstorm and Lacerate.

4RM3D;n9851791 said:
This happened after I passed the second round with card advantage and my opponent used whole round to consume and breed. At the start of the next round he consumed super boosted vran and let me too face it. It was strange tactic. However, connected was lost during the game and I don't know if I could beat him.

The screenshot shows he has Rot Tosser. How could he not win?

Edit: Guessing this was back when Golds were invulnerable..

Last edited:
Played against Queensguard...

First round I played the Operated Queensguard.
Second round I Muzzled a Queensguard.
Last round (only 2 cards) I stole a Queensguard with Caretaker, ressing the two other Queensguard. Opponent insta-forfeited.

RNG:

Eredin versus Drunken Elves - doesn't matter what I played, opponent is what is important.

Third round - Villenslkjhsajhgfdsjkffuckthisname is ticking.

Opponent is having 2 same STR DBPs on the Melee row and 1 Frightener.

Mercenary on the Ranged Row - Ale buffs 1 Protector.

Sage on the Support Row - Ale buffs the other Protector.

Sage on the Support Row - Ale buffs Frightener.

Instant forfeit.
:huh:​

Was playing with Eredin with Operator in my deck, against Scoiatael.
1. My opponent uses operator on DBP, I use Summoning Circle and duplicate my unit.
2. Opponent uses SC too, and duplicates another DBP, I use my own Operator.
3. Out comes Iorveth shouting:
Enough of this farce! Vedrai! Enn'le!

He killed one of my Operators but it got me laughing quite a bit. It just had to be that line.

Another time, was also playing monsteragainst monster. I passed early 1st round with card advantage, but my opponent gave me a hard time round 2, which I did win but we both ended up with 0 cards.
Round 3 draw, I get Frightner. I mulligan and end up with Iris. Instead of Forfeiting, I pass. My opponent also passes. Haha! GG

4RM3D;n9858761 said:
First round I played the Operated Queensguard. Second round I Muzzled a Queensguard. Last round (only 2 cards) I stole a Queensguard with Caretaker, ressing the two other Queensguard. Opponent insta-forfeited.

Happened to me quite a few times too when I ran a QG deck, which is why I had Donar, Decoy, and SummoningC running in that deck too. That deck really tends to be mush against monster.

I swear, someone just played 4 Axemen against me and there was NO Operator or Muzzle or Summoning Circle used!

Than the next game I play the following sentence:

Veteran > Battle Maiden into Veteran > Crach into Vet... HARPOONER!!?

What the hell?

I'm so pissed right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a hilarious bamboozle:

NG Alchemy: 10 Assire in hand, 10 Leo via buff, 10 Roach in GY, opponent is playing Henselt, I am sitting on Restore with Vesemir.

4 turns before the final one he plays 10 STR Borkh via Royal Decree, clock is ticking, like, half my cards are lined up for Scorching and I am a card down because of friggin Thaler, as my opponent is also having the three "ALERT!" guys from his hand cause I upped him with 20 cause of said Thaler and waiting for a bigger target to use Mandrake on so I can do the bamboozle. Happily he kinda screwed up for himself here and played a Ballista (he was looking at my revealed Fringilla, he should presume I am sitting on Restore), so, my final turn: Restore into Vesemir and a quick Mandrake on his Ballista for the 12 strengthening - Borkh scorching the shit out of it and than my opponent plays his last card... a Scorch on Borkh.

So satisfying. Was an instant GG for both of us.

:cheers:​

Last edited:
Just had a hilarious one:

playing this Rad Control thing against an Eredin deck and ALL GAME I am denied of units and managed to pull only 1 gold - spells only, an Aretuza here, a Witch Hunter there. Anyways, won the first round relatively quick, cause I won the CF and of heavy weather and reseted his Toad in Imperial Manticore. I guess it was enough.

R2 I decide I need to play cause, well... I don't have much to play with, so I bleed him a bit. :D

R3 I have 1 Alzur's Thunder, 1 Lacerate, Keira, SK Storm and Radovid - sweet baby Jesus - what a tremendous combo!

He plays Eredin on Melle and pulls a Rider on the Siege (???). I AThunder the Rider. He plays White Frost... on Melle and Ranged. I'm like "Errr"... so I play SK Storm on Eredin, he throws an Iris into the frost... which is funny, cause I had to mulligan her in R3 and his Rider is on the Ranged row. Well, this was the easiest lock in the game... and he forfeited.

No GG for me - no GG for him -> end of discussion.

But it was a funny game... for me at least with the clunky draws.

Someone just played a 6 STR Bloody Baron against me... I guess the card was in his hand the first Round in which a lot of units actually died.

Man, that card...

When you go 2 on 2 cards R3 against Alea'tael and win via 20 STR Zoltan. :comeatmebro:

Last edited:
What the hell just happened?

Playing ultra deck-thinning deck at round 3, having 5 cards left in my deck, 4 of them were gold, with no way to pull them out.

hb.gif

Crafted a Shupe deck using Eredin and a whole lot of "Create" cards. Entered casual, faced a Tuirseach SK deck. Here's the end-of-game board, which shows the unusual plays Create can create cause:

Caretaker was used on a Skirmisher (Jade Figurine in the image). :p

Guest 4205021

this happened last night, i play uma and get to draw avallac'h, my milfgaard oppenent thanks me and plays his avallac'h then from that avallac'h i get Ga'els which draws my avallac'h... lol, 6 cards from 3 avallac'hs in one round. that match took forever to finish,

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom