Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
Not really an unusual match, but might as well post it here.

The opponent emotes with Regis: "Hmm, not good at all".
And I emote with Eredin: "All is as it should be."

That responds was a bit too perfect.

Incidentally, using Eredin's emote "You would make a good slave" fits well after using Muzzle (or other charm effects).

Last edited:
Was playing against some SK deck with my Movement ST deck. R3 got Kambi from Uma's Curse, placed him in the Pit Trap I'd set up earlier and used the "Watch this" emote.

Lost the game (Uma was my last card), but it was hilarious!

Played a unusual match last night against a reveal deck.... Unusual in the fact that I won. It was pretty fantastic.

I played NG and used slave drivers to completely trash his cheap tactics.. If anyone doesn't know I hate reveal. I proceeded to copy master of disguise multiple times and conceal my exposed hand, then conceal his exposed weaponry. Was pretty great moment for me in the end.

I play a silly Shupe deck with Saskia Dragonfire ( like i said, silly ). It had never occurred to me that she can be used offensively, but yesterday i played two games in which my opponent used Avallac'h Sage, spawned my Saskia and banished their entire hand. :D I'm not sure if that was good or bad for me ( maybe they had a terrible hand and Saskia actually helped them ) but i found it pretty hilarious!

I play a silly Shupe deck with Saskia Dragonfire ( like i said, silly ). It had never occurred to me that she can be used offensively, but yesterday i played two games in which my opponent used Avallac'h Sage, spawned my Saskia and banished their entire hand. :D I'm not sure if that was good or bad for me ( maybe they had a terrible hand and Saskia actually helped them ) but i found it pretty hilarious!

Goddammit xD But hey, RNG has its price I guess :p

Second round. I play my Redanian Elite, opponent duels him with buffed Seltkirk. Because of Elite's ability he is victorious, remaining with 7 STR. It was an instant forfeit after 1 STR gold play.

Played against Unseen Elder Moonlight with my Usurper Shupe deck, and it sure was a weird match.

First round: opponent goes first, plays Moonlight from hand. I pass for +2 CA, opponent plays Barbegazi for carryover.
Second round features the Empress: I play her, opponent uses Decoy several turns later, I Scorch her to take the round.
Third round includes unusual (mis)plays such as werewolves with no Moonlight, and a Slave Hunter on a Cow Carcass. The latter because I was stupid and forgot I couldn't target opponent's 1 STR (thanks, Stregobor!) Werewolf. :p

Also a massive Aguara: True Form into Rockslide that hit a lone Caretaker.
Believe it or not, the other two options were even worse: Epidemic that would've killed Aguara, and Tremors that would've hit... the same lone Caretaker.

PS. Empress returned on R3 (hence the Caretaker), and got eaten by a Barbegazi from a Slave Driver.

Last edited:
Some ST Ciri: Dash guy just completely milled himself R1 after just 1 Albricht, 1 Stregobor and Shilard on my part. Might even stole his 22 (I think) Ciri: Dash R3 with Renewed Shilard, but decided to see how she'll hold against his Vanilla Geralt, which I stoled early.

Was a no brainer, quick GG on both parts, cause he knew he's losing in R1 but we just played for fun, something the game should actually be for.

Was playing ST vs NG. Emhyr threw down Iris.

I used Decoy. He used Emhyr to take her back. I used Eithne and Decoy again. Poor thing got pulled around 4 times before I killed it with Ithline and Alzur's Lightning.

Poor NG player instantly forfeited on Round 2. Probably could've got WAY more value from Decoy but it made me laugh, there's an Emhyr sulking out there.

Last edited:
Playing ST handbuff Ocvist yesterday.

R1 I use the full combo while he's suffering under frost (was an Eredin deck), the round before he triggers - bugger played Morvrud on the guy and cause he was leading by some good amount of points and I lost the CF, passed when I played something (Elven Scout into whatever). A cardinal mistake on his part, as I had Phoenix in hand... and a Morana Runestone, which gave me another Horn, so I buffed Big Boy to 35!

R3 I triggered him and dropped couple of 36 Bronzes like a motherfluker, finally Mullied Ocvie for 40 and an ADC... what a sweet game it was.

Last edited:
Played against NG Swarm today with spies. What's unusual is that we both dropped our engines (3 brigades and 2 enforcers for me, 2 Standard Bearers and 2 Alba Cavalry for him) early on and we both had trouble keeping up. To win the round I was forced to use Joachim (with 5 engine units on the board, this is the first time I've done that) into Ceallach, into emissary, into vicovaro into emissary into infiltrator for like, 60 points or so :p That was a proper power play going on. Massive point swings all around, he was dropping slave infantry and sentries, I was playing my spies. Eventually I managed to destroy his 2 standard bearers which calmed things down a bit :p

R2 was a cantarella from me before I passed, R3 he started with Germain of Fox Hollow so I smelled yennefer coming. Dropped my final vicovaro into the last enforcer and killed one of his cows, before using vilgefortz into vanhemar into biting frost that started killing his cows. Finally I revived an ambassador and killed him and then I played Iris which died instantly thanks to the frost and the enforcer. He had played yen one turn before that and I tied the round. Then his last card was Letho Kingslayer with the option of killing my STR 14 Emhyr and then strengthening by 6 or dropping a commander's horn (same value of 25 points overall). Either way the finisher of infiltrator and Menno Coehoorn saved the day but it was a very close match :) and very enjoyable when I got almost the entire spy engine on the board, trying to catch up :p

Just had Usurper Shupe vs. Usurper Shupe. Needless to say it was a very weird match indeed.

Weird, but absolutely hilarious! :cool:

Just ran into Ciri: Nova/Dash Discard deck with my Swarm Mill. Opponent was actually running Clan Smugglers and his plan seemed fun and fresh for this meta, but unfortunately he ran into Mill... but at the end he actually milled ME by one card, to pull his Dash with HIS Avallac'h (cause meanwhile he returned couple of Beastmasters with Smugglers). Still won by like 50 points up cause of Sentries and Slave Infantry, but it was a fun game none the less. Something different, at least.

Just finished an awesome game where in R3 I was 3 cards down against Dorfs, finally draw into my Avallac'h and went 2 up and a W - such a blessfull experience!

Long live the Emperor!

Swarm vs. swarm featuring superb Lambert value (I run him for a reason!):

Lambert value.jpg

Two matches while I was going for my daily scrap reward.

Playing against Radov. I won round 1 but it went down to a just a few cards left. I dry passed round two, I had a 1 card advantage. He played a card that drew a spell card that did 9 damage and he was forced to destroy the unit he just put on the board. He immediately forfeited.

I was playing a game where it got down to round 3 with just two cards left in my hand. Both were 1 value (the one that sets a revealed card to 1), opponent had no revealed cards and he was up by 1 point on the board with one card left. I figured it was over. He then forfeited. Guess he had a low card or something but if I played both my cards I would only have been up by 1 and he had a card left. Wonder what that card was that made him pass.

One additional, was playing against dwarves. Got down to round three. I had no cards left, he had one card, and had a sizeable lead. I started to go through the process to forfeit as he was taking forever to go and while I was starting click the forfeit confirmation he played the card which drew scorch and destroyed his highest unit, causing him to loose the round but I had clicked forfeit already so lost by forfeit when if I waited I would have won. Ahhh, lesson learned on that one.

I once played against a Kaedweni Knights deck where the guy managed to get 3 on separate rows and completely fill all three rows... and still beat him... damn I wish I had SS that one because it was hilarious

Top Bottom