Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
I played Nekker Consume against Alchemy Nilfgaard (ranked R16), played my 12 Points Nekker from hand (played around Sweers). Opponent wanted to kill this Nekker...with a Gold Trial of Grasses. Suddenly I had a 25 Points Nekker (witcher :) ). Opponent forfeited...poor guy...

Last edited:
Not long ago I played against an Eithne control deck that was pretty unusual to say the least.

It literally just consisted out of removal and weather, not a single unit was placed on the board by him.. well maybe one because of summoning circle. It was fun but I still ended up feeling like an a** beating him with an actual deck. Yeah we saw it coming but playing an unfair match like that still makes me feel a bit bad.

R3, throw Yaevin on my opponent side, he plays something Rredanian, I play Milva, Yaevin goes back to his deck. His last turn - DJ - first card drawn ADC - gives me 15 STR Yaevin. Instant Forfeit.

Not single GG was given.

Not less like a Boss I was.:wisegirl:

Shuffled a spy into their deck. They drew and played it and then left the game once they realized it was single use and it didnt proc for them.

Won a game with a revealed 13 point spotter in hand boosting 3 more spotters (summoning circle). Sometimes you have to improvise.

The most interesting game I played so far:
-In the first round enemy opened with Thaler, I pass, he passes.
-I immediantly pass the second round and he goes 1 card down.
-He starts the third round with Kaedweni revenant and Henselt afterwards. As I use a spam deck myself I just let him play his spells and slowly build up my Temeria spam.
-We reach approximately 90 to 90 points, but because I didn't pay attention he is able to scorch half of my board, but kills only 1 unit of his, all with 7 points.
-I am down at 30 points, but still have 5 cards left, while he only has 4. His next move fills the board except 1 position on his siege row.
-I close the siege row with Dijkstra and he has to pass. Then I play Odrin, which is safe now, and play the rest of my cards and win with more than 10 points

Just had the Best Game Ever....
My Bran's Walking Circus vs Ethine Ocvist Hand Buff...
R1
ME: Bran (Olgeried, Cerys, Morkvarg) for 7
Op: (Free)Wardancer + Ocvist
ME: PASS (I know what's up, so it's up to him if he wants to go down 3 cards for it)
Op: (after long thought passes and takes the win)

R2:
Op: Phoenix > Ocvist
ME: (Free)Morvarg & Olgeried, +Raging Berserker
Op: Mandrake
ME: Heymay Spearmaiden > Raging Berserker
Op: Nature's Gift > Mahakam Horn
ME: Heynay Spearmaiden > Raging Berserker
Op: Ethine > Mahakam Horn
ME: Royal Decree > Coral > a little Jade Statue when once stood the mighty Ocvist
Op: FORFEIT

ME: LMAO the whole time because I was thinking of using coral the first round, but I wanted to see if he'd actually take the 3 card hit or forfeit

You'd be surprised how often people think it's a good Idea to get my dragon back and go 3 cards down. The times I don't win after that I can count on the fingers on one hand and were cause I did got greedy, like playing Ocvist R2 for even more CA cause I had Phoenix and he got stolen from Caretaker or a well placed Succ R3, but other than that it is an EZ game 80+ percents of the time. Some guy even tried arrogant pass once cause he was scorching like mofo and 30 up after my 3 shields. Bet he won't be doing this again.

I love this deck, BTW, it's such fun and punishing combo when you succeed the initial buffing.

Last edited:
I had a weird match yesterday. Was playing against Reveal. Opponent plays Mangonel. I play Kayran. Opponent then seems unsure what to do next. Eventually he plays some sort of tutor/create card, but before I even get to see the card he just forfeits. And this is a Ranked game. And he wasn't a noob, he was around level 60. Weird. He must have really loved that Mangonel!

When I tell people there something wrong with the NG copy mechanic but they don't listen so I have to go and prove a point.....

R1 Using a single Slave Driver I got 3 Queensguard and even buffed one
R2 Start.... oh hey lets grave rob one of the ones he just buffed....
R2_Start.jpg

R2 End... he made me waste a heal to pull Cahir > Emhyr, so I went medic and stole his Buffed Pirate
R2_End.jpg

R3.... I opened soft with Novice > Swallow, then poked him to play, so I could get this screen of the last ointment being played
R3_End.jpg

Last edited:
Had a hilarious match the other day in ranked of all places. Played against one of those handbuff NG decks, but didn't even realise it was one at first. Anyway, I can only assume they didn't get any of the cards they needed to start it off, because I play a spy early on and they immediately buff him with mandrake and eventually emhyr him back. At first I'm like "Emhyring spies doesn't work any more, my dude" but then they start doing the whole spotter and shield buff thing and I immediately realise. Anyway, I do okay against them, I won r1 so I bleed r2 with margerita, gigni etc. R3 comes and they only have a couple of plays left and...

Yeah. Bless them they try playing the 20ish thaler spy and obviously he plays on MY side. Because he's a spy. Unsurprisingly they immediately forfeited after. xD I can only assume they had a brain fart about the whole spy thing.

Void_Singer;n10496352 said:
R3.... I opened soft with Novice > Swallow, then poked him to play, so I could get this screen of the last ointment being played

Now, I have seen it all. A non-Queensguard deck playing Queensguard better than an actual Queensguard deck.

Bondonkadonk;n10497132 said:
Had a hilarious match the other day in ranked of all places. Played against one of those handbuff NG decks, but didn't even realise it was one at first[...]

Yeah. Bless them they try playing the 20ish thaler spy and obviously he plays on MY side. Because he's a spy. Unsurprisingly they immediately forfeited after. xD I can only assume they had a brain fart about the whole spy thing.
one of my favorite things if I'm playing handbuff against Reveal NG is to take their spy and buff it if I'm handlocked.. often they'll go for a venedal elite on the spy which doesn't affect spotters/shield/spears, but used to let me play a 1pt spy for an extra card.... no more fun now with the single use though but it's still a funny "add insult to injury" play

Hah, ouch. I was gonna say maybe that's what they were aiming for, but I was NR at the time because I specifically remember it being thaler. I wonder if they thought because spies only get one turn now, that somehow he lost his spy tag and stayed on their side? Who knows, definite brain fart, but a hilarious one. Wish I could've record it. Maybe I need to start playing on my PS4 more xD

Just did over 170 points swing with Shupe Kambi.

Bugger was playing Reaver Hunters, he passed R1 (god bless him!) and had all his 3 Siege Supports buffing shit in R3, while I had everything put my Cow for the combo. Played Shupe for Hazards, it applied Dragon's Dream on Melee, Blood Moon on Range and... Pit Trap on Siege. >.< I don't know what was going on, cause SS' were buffing everything I was throwing there (Wilmar, for example) before it hit the Pit Trap, so I had little hope... 3 turns left, I play my Wolfsbane, than threw my Kambi, as he was card down... Bear killed it before it hit the ground, but he got 23 STR Hemdall, I got a 11 STR Bear. Slapped Hemdall with Arachas Venom, Wolfsbane ticked and a GG it was.

Laughed for 5 minutes.

Edit: Another game - another gem:

Last edited:
Well it is not weird or that unusual but it was awesome when it happened

(OPP) Shadow -> Nekker
(ME) Mandrake -> Nekker
(OPP) Nekker
(ME) Muzzle -> Nekker
(OPP) Summoning Circle -> Nekker
(ME) Coral -> Nekker
(OPP) Decoy -> Shadow -> Nekker
(ME) Aguara True Form -> Artifact Compresion (BlessRNG!!!) -> Nekker
(OPP) FORFIET

I mean damn Nekkers sure do need a nerf, I mean, if he had Muzzle, Aguara True Form -> Summoning Circle or Operator it would be all for nothing.

Top Bottom