Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
Restlessdingo32;n9091770 said:
Ran into a MS player running Crones a while back... and Witchers. It struck me as unusual.

Did they have Foglets as well? Sounds like a very old Monster muster; it ran all muster cards, which at that time included the Wild Hunt Riders.

Here's the weirdest tie I've ever seen (in my games or others'), featuring my Reveal vs. opponent's non-spell Scoia from last patch:

Last edited:
This happened just now. I didn't draw a single Arachas (out of 6) until the final round. I have 4 cards left of which 2 are Arachas. Grave Hag's consume finally triggered the muster Arachas. The odds of this happening are so very small.

In this match I had to push round 1 hard, which was difficult because I was lacking Vran Warrior. Then all my eggs hatched in round 2 and I dodged Igni by 1 point. o_O

I actually won against spell'tiel thanks to last draw being Arachas. Gave me 9 point pull that gave me win.
And yes, some people still seems to try make spell'tiel work.

Played yesterday against someone who knew i had a grave hag as finisher ( based on my leader and play). He tried to bluff me into thinking he used all his possible grave hag counters before i play the cards ( used his lock and igni etc.). Suddenly at the end of round 3 i play marching order and spawns a 4 pt strength grave hag. My opponent stood puzzled for a while and than played his water hag and lacerated the card but couldnt kill it due to the additional 2 pts marching order give to the card lol. And i won the game.

I played NR, my opponent Consume Monster. At the end of Round 2 we had no cards left...but he had a Harpy egg. Round 3: 3 STR Harpy on the Board, I had nothing, but pulled Dandelion (8 Str). I thought, I lost the game. My opponent played G:Igni - I won with Dandelion :cheers:

Both me and opponent ran operator and cloned QGs. Unfortunately, my foe wasn't so successful to boost them.

Another odd encounter was foglet clones swarm:

Today, for the first time, I had a game, where I hadn't a single unit left in my deck at the end of round 3. And it was a deck with 34 cards.

Played against reveal NG. Copied a Spotter using Johnny's effect. He got boosted nicely haha.

I just had this match... still laughing. :D

The guy plays ST with Eithne, not sure what exactly he had in plan, I guess Special Cards Spam... really short lived, unfortunately...

So, he plays first and drops an Ambush Card. I'm like... OK, let's trend the water - if this is Morren, she will cripple/kill my Mangonel, if it's Toruviel and I just pass right now, he'll win the round... what to do... so I'm like - I'll play the good ole Alchemist, first round, she's not buffed (if it's her), Alchemist is 8 STR, will reveal and a card, so I can have an idea - win-win all around. I play the card and I reveal a Vrihedd Sapper. Opponent plays it immediately, I pass and BANG - Toruviel.

A rage quit it was. I laughed so hard that I (almost) felt guilt.

Sgt_Prof;n9080860 said:

This happened after I passed the second round with card advantage and my opponent used whole round to consume and breed. At the start of the next round he consumed super boosted vran and let me too face it. It was strange tactic. However, connected was lost during the game and I don't know if I could beat him.

Sorry dude, but i laughed a lot with your topic hahahahaha

Yesterday I made a Scoia'tael deck with a bit of everything except dwarves. In the games I played I totally forgot I had Aelirenn in the deck until she came out, THREE out of four times. One game I won by ONE point because my Dragoons had buffed Toruviel twice - and I'd of course forgotten about it so it was a surprise.

Such a fun deck. :D

Last edited:

Attachments

• photo160360.jpg
    photo160360.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
partci

When you play Yen, you will gain 4 strength, going from 28 to 32 strength.
The opponent will lose 16 strength, going from 53 strength to 37 strength.

So, you still can't make it, no?

BTW, the opponent played a dangerous game. An Igni would have lost him the game.

4RM3D;n9169960 said:
partci

When you play Yen, you will gain 4 strength, going from 28 to 32 strength.
The opponent will lose 16 strength, going from 53 strength to 37 strength.

So, you still can't make it, no?

BTW, the opponent played a dangerous game. An Igni would have lost him the game.

You forgot Yen's 6 str, so he wins by 1 point.

Yen is 6+1. Redanian Knights gain strength after armor is removed. Weather on the board... Don't want to do math, but with that CA opponent could easily win the game.

Top Bottom