Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
Oh, that's me! I did not realized, that I have played against a forum member... Thank you for the match and GG! :beer:
Yeah we did! I didn't realize at the time nor I remember much of the match apart from the long string of cards I got to play in that one turn :D

GG , I remember it was a fun and wacky match.

I was playing a hyperthin deck where you set up decoy on Zoltan for the rowdy dwarf boost. I got matched vs NG spies. So in r3 I intentionally left a minion in my deck so as soon as the NG player dropped Joachim I decoy'd it and then played it and pulled my minion with the Joachim and the buff xD.

Some mill player played right into my Gimpy Gervin and Lacerate, gave me both an achievement and a contract by causing me to go to 0 cards in deck, and lost 2-0 even though I misplayed Cahir and was running one of my crappy quest decks. :ROFLMAO:

Guest 4368268

There seems to be some sort of bot in seasonal mode. I won't mention names since I think it's against forum rules, but he's easily recognized by the specific Scoia'tael deck he's playing and rather how he plays it. He plays cards pretty much at random, never passes (even after having secured/lost a given round) uses the deadeye leader ability turn 1 and doesn't necessarily play cards in the proper row. I must have encountered this specific 'player' about 20+ times this month. It's an auto-win but also pretty boring.

I played a match an hour ago, that I can call "unusual". I made an artifact quest deck and played it in Casual. My first opponent was a Rank 0 player with (ofc) Second Wind Warriors deck. I did not played any unit in the first round in the first 4 turns, and he passed. I activated my traps manually, played a unit, used one leader charge (Deadeye Ambush) and won the round 2 cards down. In the 2nd round I had 7 cards (vs 9) but I said myself, "I can't win a long round against Warriors, so I play my artifacts to my quest". Result: I won 2-0...I think, my opponent thought I will drypass and his mulligans were not the best (but he had Hemdall, Tyrgvvi, GS, Blacksmith, etc.) It was my greatest victory in this season for sure...

I got "Play 20 Artifacts"... and ran into someone who was also doing an Artifact quest. :ROFLMAO:

R1 we both just spammed Artifacts. Once the opponent passed I played the first unit in the match to take the round, and insta-passed R2 so that the opponent would be get at least one crown as well.

Guest 4368268

Me (Syndicate/cache) vs a Blue Stripes Draug deck. R3 he brings out the commando boys and plays Draug.
I have a Passiflora (with one charge left) and Ewald on board. I play Tinboy triggering the Passiflora (bringing my coins to 9) and then use Ewald pings to take out 7 of his Kaedweni Revenants in one turn. That was a good time. :beer:
Good thing I had red coin for this one

Me (Syndicate/cache) vs a Blue Stripes Draug deck. R3 he brings out the commando boys and plays Draug.
I have a Passiflora (with one charge left) and Ewald on board. I play Tinboy triggering the Passiflora (bringing my coins to 9) and then use Ewald pings to take out 7 of his Kaedweni Revenants in one turn. That was a good time. :beer:
Good thing I had red coin for this one
First thing, that its not unusual or strange.

Second, if this game was yesterday, i think it was against me (but i won the game, and didnt remember to lose 7 Kaedweni in one turn).

In fact i only remeber my opponent using Tinboy, i cant remember if he had Ewald on board, but i think it wasnt

Guest 4368268

First thing, that its not unusual or strange.

Second, if this game was yesterday, i think it was against me (but i won the game, and didnt remember to lose 7 Kaedweni in one turn).

In fact i only remeber my opponent using Tinboy, i cant remember if he had Ewald on board, but i think it wasnt
Not unusual? I guess you see/make that play all the time then, I don't. Anyway, you're describing a completely different game and outcome, so I don't know why you'd think it was you.

Out of all games I've played there is only one game I would consider really strange and unusual. It was very long time ago, when the very first Faction challenge of Homecoming happened; there was one quest that said "Win 1 match with every base set leader"; since I chose NR, I eventually played absolutely proactive Henselt that tried to get as many boosted units on board for double Lyrian scitheman finisher.
I was matched against Emhyr Shupe (he could replay him - and any other neutral unit for that matter); opponent placed Isbel, and since I could do nothing, I was waiting till her order is used. When the order was used, something I didn't believe happened: opponent gave me his Shupe. I was astonished, to the point I almost cried out loud: "Why would you do that?! What's the point of Shupe if you are not using it?! There is not a single card in my deck that is better than Shupe!! Whhhyyyy?!"

Not unusual? I guess you see/make that play all the time then, I don't. Anyway, you're describing a completely different game and outcome, so I don't know why you'd think it was you.
well in a card game, i think ppl will say a thing its unusual when happens something that they dont expect.

what you describe its a common thing. Of course every player will have a particular thing thats happens in the game, like your experience, but that its a thing we expect.

An example, see the last post, that its an unusual thing, somenone gives his best card to the opponent.

Kill all the enemys using your cards, or destroy the strategy or the opponent its really funny and satisfatory, but, IMO, its not unnusual

So, i had another brilliant idea for a meme deck - double Draug.

And since there's no way to revive Draug, and the only times ive seen double Draug were in Arena or through creates like Master Mirror or Uma's Curse... but there's another way: Decoy.

Nobody plays Decoy, but its a great card for meme decks, and even though you're losing 7pts when you use it on Draug, you get more from the revenant orders, and also, most opponents pass when they see a Draug (so if on R1 it needs to be done before 4 cards).
And im using Stockpile because im a masochist idiot...

Anyway, here's the unusual match - i was facing a Reckless Fury, i won R1 without using Draug, i bleed him R2 and make him use his GSs and Dagur and leader ability, he's a ton of points ahead... i think im screwed, he's got 3 cards in hand, i have 1... and he passes.
I believe this is called a "Hero Pass", when you dont believe your opponent can catch up anymore, and want to save CA... Well, turns out my last card... was Yrden! 2-0 that poor bastard, because i dont play by the book :cool:
Post automatically merged:

Apparently Caldwell is very picky...

My opponent played an opening Caldwell, next turn Caldwell goes to my side, we keep playing then he plays a SaerQuan, so next turn he would have the highest unit, and i didnt have a counter so i passed...

Except his melee row was full, so Caldwell didnt change rows, and he had to play 2 more units on ranged row to win the round, and Caldwell never left my side :shrug:

Last edited:
I had an interesting match yesterday, with my spies deck.

Cantarella stole the NR opponent's King something, who sets low-strength played units' strength to 5 with Devotion active. Because Devotion cards from all factions work with all factions, and I was playing spies... King was kind of a hindrance, to say the least. I didn't even have anything with which to disable him and it was a long R3.

Have to say that Cow Carcasses getting boosted to 5 was absolutely hilarious, though.

Cantarella stole the NR opponent's King something, who sets low-strength played units' strength to 5 with Devotion active. Because Devotion cards from all factions work with all factions, and I was playing spies... King was kind of a hindrance, to say the least. I didn't even have anything with which to disable him and it was a long R3.

Have to say that Cow Carcasses getting boosted to 5 was absolutely hilarious, though.
King Belohun. I had a similar match-up - Calanthe with shields, charges and Belohun on my side and Morvran with devotion (can't remember if he had Masquerade ball... probably yes, but he either didn't find it or tried to pull double ball but never found Assire). Opponent stole my Belohun with Yennifer's invocation and thus gave me 18 points (20 points to be precise, but he used Coup de Grace on informant). He even was kind enough to copy Immortal cavalry to make my King Roegner stronger.

Thanks for confirmation, I was wondering if it interacted with spies like that

I just played a match in battle rush mode and the opponent lost because the animation was too slow. He played a crushing trap and it damaged 3 units on his melee row although I had clearly more units on my side. :shrug:

Well, this sure was weird. Ethereal in Nilfgaard. Twice! :ROFLMAO:
2020-09-02_0946_2.png

My rightmost Ethereal used to be Eyck, who killed some massive (hence the 12 Rico in my hand) unit.
This is in seasonal mode. My deck is full of movement and Zeal cards, hence the strange card choices. Pretty sure the opponent was doing quests as well.

(Had to compress the image to make it small enough for the forums.)

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, what's the maximum amount of endrega larvae you've ever seen on a match? 4 pairs? 6?
Rookie numbers, check this out:

Battle of the Endrega Larvae - R1.jpg

Round 1

Battle of the Endrega Larvae - R3.jpg

Round 3

Im not even sure how many are there, but certainly over 12 pairs, so over 24 endrega larvae (some were killed by his spies and spells so not all are visible)
Praise the greatest bronze in the game! :ohstopit:

(EDIT) Post no.500 on this awesome thread, i think its quite fitting...

Top Bottom