Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
Not so much an unusual match, just a bit of too much control...

Opponent: Arachas Behemoth
Me: Leo Bonhart kills Behemoth

Opponent: Nekker
Me: Peter banishes Nekker

Opponent: Celaeno Harpy
Me: Auckes banishes two eggs

nr_control.jpg

No Title

^ Hahaha, had something familiar happening to me with NG, but the best was with my Rad Control (few times quite the familiar situations with slight variations, actually):

Behemoth => Alzur's Thunder;

/long pause for thinking

Celeano Harpy on second row => Torrential Rain on the said row;

Monster's Nest into Behemoth => Scorch;

Rage Quit.

Now, to my Screen Shot from yesterday (was such an awesome game):

http://i.imgur.com/Gf3PGmv.jpg

Attachments

• photo160811.jpg
    photo160811.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 65
Had an opponent with a MS consume deck get all the right cards. After losing the first round I ended up facing an 80 something Unseen Elder with only 2 cards left. Then I used Cahir, and drew a d-bomb. Used it, followed by an epidemic. Ended up winning the third round with Joachim. For me it was awesome, but I'm sure players running those decks see it from time to time.

fartingunicorn;n9179361 said:
Not mine but Mcbeard got 3 Tibors and 28 strength C-Dash with Discard deck+ triple use of Johnny here.

I already saw that on YouTube. The sad part is if the opponent would have drawn Tibor, Mcbeard would have lost, even with the 3 extra golds.

Had a few fun ones today:

First - must have been a real pain in the ass:

Do not underestimate a round... while Villentretenfluckingname is on the board:

Do not underestimate a round while Villentretenfluckingname is on the board... especially when Yen:Con is also around:

Note: last two were two back-to-back matches.

Last edited:
Me playing Monsters weird deck vs. King Bran Skellige.

Me: Ancient Foglet
Opponent: King Bran
Me: Ghoul
Opponent: Operator
Opponent: ?

Question: What did my opponent discard with Bran, and what did he copy with operator?
Discarded Cerys and two Queensguards. Copied Queensquard.

Question: What did my opponent play after my second Ghoul?
Forfeit

Seriously, if your deck depends so heavily on such a narrow strategy, your deck sucks, and you are pushing for a rock-paper-scissors game.

I made a fun Emhyr deck with cards like Summoning Circle and Treason, and played it in casual. Ran into a Consume player.

R1 I used SC to get myself a Celaeno, and then locked opponent's eggs with Auckes. R2 I was the only one with carryover. R3 was... interesting, to say the least. Treason couldn't have been any more perfect:

tortugueta;n9190791 said:
Me playing Monsters weird deck vs. King Bran Skellige.

Me: Ancient Foglet
Opponent: King Bran
Opponent: Operator
Opponent: ?

Question: What did my opponent discard with Bran, and what did he copy with operator?
Discarded Cerys and two Queensguards. Copied Queensquard.

Question: What did my opponent play after my second Ghoul?
Forfeit

Seriously, if your deck depends so heavily on such a narrow strategy, your deck sucks, and you are pushing for a rock-paper-scissors game.

That sounds hilarious. :D

I made a Ghoul deck once; Nekker Warriors and First Lights for lots and lots of Ghouls. Didn't work (too well), but it was fun. :p

Edit: Damn, didn't realize I this'd be a double post until too late. Apologies.

So, this just happened:

One of the most interesting matches I have recently seen.

4RM3D;n9205691 said:
One of the most interesting matches I have recently seen.

While keeping the knight around to counter Borkh was a great play, the play to lock the knight (and thereby keep him below the defender) was the nail in the coffin. Close one though, that's for sure!

Last round, I had Regis: Higher Vampire and Grave Hag left, the opponent had some card and Madman Lugos (which I didn't know but could have guessed it).

I play Regis, with only 3 cards left in the opponent's deck: Skirmisher and 2 Priestesses, I consume the Skirmisher.
Opponent plays some unit.
I play Grave Hag.
Opponent plays Madman Lugos and goes 'shit I only have a Priestess' left and damages my Grave Hag for 1 point.
Grave Hag feasts on the graveyard and wins the game.

That was... interesting.

Just had this mirror ST match.

Second round, I won the first one. Had 10 STR Toruviel on my side, left alone on her row, Eithne and Saskia on the board and 2 Scorches and a Lacerate... also two cards down, after opponent played Yaevin, blocking my Scorch and 7 pts up. I was like, doomed... but was counting that my opponent does not know that (he Jonnie-d and managed to duplicate second Saskia and play her with Eithne, which was AWESOME too), so, I end my turn with the said 7 PTS up, he played some Merceneries and managed to get 9 points up. I'm like, "OK, you, bugger - end the round!" But he was taking his time...

:hmm:

... and played a card to square us 3 on 3...

:sad:
Card was Summoning Circle and pulled NOTHING. :wat:

An immediate Forfeit, it was. :yes:

Last edited:
Back when everyone was playing weather decks I got rather annoyed with having my harpy eggs killed with frost and came up with a plan to troll a little on casual. Using Cow, potions and Twisted Mirror the plan was to make a Chort spawning machine out of the cow. I think in one game I ended up having 7 chorts on one row with the cow still having 4-5 points before my opponent forfeited. In another game my opponent forfeited after I used the mirror to end up with a 30+ point cow.

Now that I can't rely on weather turning up almost every single match the deck is useless, but it was successful enough I even took it into a few ranked matches.

Last edited:
FG15-ISH7EG;n9230021 said:
I just won two games in a row, because my oponent believed he had won round 1 and passed early in round 2.

That's happened to me a few times as well! People get used to passing the second round too much these days :D

One of my favorite games I played was vs Nilfgard. I don't even recall what deck I was using, but game one he was ahead and I didn't have any answers so I just passed. Instead of just passing and taking the round win, he kept playing cards. He buffed up 2 units to huge levels and then used the one siege unit that gives them resilience. Round 2 started and he had over 150 power in play. His first move? Used Lortho to gobble them both up and put all that power onto a gold card! I loved it! I just so happened to have shackle and scorch in hand though... If I had it all to do over again, I would have let him have the win just for creativity.

Just had one of the best matches ever:

Game is against SK, the guy/girl plays with Harald. Round 1 starts, he's going first... and he plays Harald. And forfeits.

I guess in his/hers head (s)he was still playing with Crach or Foltest.

Anyway, GG-ed him/her either way, cause I had a good laugh.

Top Bottom