Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
Reviving this topic, sorry i dont remember if there was another to share screenshots/ descriptions of big plays (if there is, any mod feel free to move post)

I was using a SK deck i shared in this forum mid-May, and it's very versatile - mostly thanks to Compass - but i had a theory it could be devastating against ST elves, who do well against pretty much anything.

I faced two such decks, back-to-back, with long R3s, but with completely different results, just because of the opponent's sequencing.

-The first, played in a more careful way, delaying the big plays as much as possible, he had last say and saved the Simlas-Waylays play for last. I was destroyed.

-The second, swarmed his side really fast, played the Simlas-Waylays around turn 5 of 10, ended up filling his front row so Vernossiel had no space for damage, he heatwaved! a front row unit to get space for it, because i was purposefully not destroying any units until the end.

So, what does my deck have to deal with these elves? It can do offering to the sea (deals 1 damage to ALL units on board), another offering through Bride of the Sea or Fucusya into bride of the sea, and finally Compass into Wild Boar of the Sea.

That is 4pt of damage to all enemy units in 3 turns. Its important to have 4dmg instead of 3 because Isengrim can boost deadeyes to 4pt, so you need to deal 2 dmg until they're in the red, so WBOTS hits them twice.
And since there are 18 slots for units/artefacts, the max potential is 18x4= 72 damage... And i did it! The perfect round wipeout!

Wide Dmg SK vs Elves (1).jpg

This is moments before tragedy crashes down into my opponent, that was probably thinking he had this one in the bag.

Wide Dmg SK vs Elves (2).jpg

Is this the biggest bear witcher mentor you've ever seen?

Wide Dmg SK vs Elves (3 - Perfection).jpg

And here it is, the nuke, that destroyed every single deadeye and only left a few units bigger than 3pt. :cool:

I've been having an unusual level of bad luck on the last couple of days but a few hours ago it reached the maximum level of ridiculousness...

The game must know im not a fan of Scoiatael, and ive been trying to make that stupid prism pendant work like a masochist, i was having bad luck with the draws so i added Maxxi and Snowdrop for consistency for the waylay + simlas play...

After getting the waylays on R1 and mulliganing them away, i got both again in hand in R2 mulligans, i used snowdrop to put them back in deck and got this:

Put snowdrop to fix draws - gets me this.jpg

(the covered card is another waylay) :giveup:

I am so f***ing done with this deck, and i likely wont touch the faction again anytime soon.

rrc

Forum veteran
I've been having an unusual level of bad luck on the last couple of days but a few hours ago it reached the maximum level of ridiculousness...

The game must know im not a fan of Scoiatael, and ive been trying to make that stupid prism pendant work like a masochist, i was having bad luck with the draws so i added Maxxi and Snowdrop for consistency for the waylay + simlas play...

After getting the waylays on R1 and mulliganing them away, i got both again in hand in R2 mulligans, i used snowdrop to put them back in deck and got this:

View attachment 11307850
(the covered card is another waylay) :giveup:

I am so f***ing done with this deck, and i likely wont touch the faction again anytime soon.
Well, I totally beleive you. In my experience, the Bountiful Harvest always in pair. When I have two mulligans left, I Mulligan a card and I get BH, using the last Mulligan almost always gives the second mulligan, leaving me with a BH and bricked Simlas.

Nowadays, in crucial round where I want to push or possibly getting pushed, I don't take mulligans when I have two left if I am yet to play my Simlas for BH.

Usually i believe i have very bad luck in Gwent, but i just had an important matchup (to rank up to 1) where i probably ran out of my luck quota for the whole month:

Im playing my baby, my favourite new deck (which will be featured tomorrow on DotDay thread :cool:), and opponent had generic elves (Scenario, Vanadain + Simlas).

Lets just say we both committed a lot R1, but my opponent passed when he had CA. I won 2 cards down.
But then i PUSHED R2 like the Skelli Madman i am, to force out the simlas play. my opponent was smart, waited before i passed, because i had renfri's ability (damage all units 1/2) on cooldown 7 and it was ready.

He played the Simlas as soon as i passed, but thanks to Fucusya rain, it tied, he was still 2 cards up. He played a 4pt elf thinking its enough... Then the rain did 2 damage... but it killed a unit, and 2 seagulls appeared on my side and tied again! And he was forced out of his last decent card!

To add insult to injury, on R3 my draws were renfri's gang (x2), skald and skirmisher combo, and when i discard it, what did i get? Renfri again (opponents always forfeit when you replay her as finisher :shrug: )

I feel really bad for this opponent, he played super fast and super well, the only mistake he made was not accounting the seagulls in GY, which is a new thing anyway.

Posts deleted. Please do not try to deliberately start arguments by baiting others *or take baits posted by others), especially with posts that are not even really on topic.

I dunno if that's unusual, cause I'm barely playing, but 500 points in 1 round because I lost first round? Menno alone played for 100 points. How is this a thing?

absurd.png

Today I played against opponent who didn´t use Renfri. Super unusual and wierd deck.
Bro, do you open Gwent? Maybe opened another card game.
Today is the 4th day that I open Gwent, play the 3 first matches against the same deck (Renfri NG, Renfri SC, Pirates SK e today a poison SY). Close the game and go play something on GamePass. I don't know if there is a streamer or place that everyone insist em copy.

The true is the first game of the day is 'interesting', the rest is 'weird' because the time loop feel :shrug:

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just found out a cool way to deal with Kitty Spam decks:

New way to deal with kitties.jpg

Lydia into Predatory Dive! :oops:
Since i got Runemage, this increases the odds of getting it, and i dont think MO has many bronze specials so the odds are decent to begin with.

The best part is the lydia herself triggered the thrive vampire to 5, so it was guaranteed to kill sir scratch a lot, but usually its a defender anyway so you dont have to deal with this obstacle.

Just found out a cool way to deal with Kitty Spam decks:

View attachment 11313209
Lydia into Predatory Dive! :oops:
Since i got Runemage, this increases the odds of getting it, and i dont think MO has many bronze specials so the odds are decent to begin with.

The best part is the lydia herself triggered the thrive vampire to 5, so it was guaranteed to kill sir scratch a lot, but usually its a defender anyway so you dont have to deal with this obstacle.
My first cat deck (yes i admit i played that too) i put predator drive to deal against mirrors.

Buuut, its not as good, since it all depends the coin flip

being called a noob by this guy for the third time, i think he's losing each time he face me
i never noticed when he texted me, just realise after moments and it make me laugh, but he never allow me to answer bc
he's alway send friend request, tell me i'm noob then delete me, i alway accept friend request from guys i just played with bc i expect them, to ask for a revenge or ask to have my deck
hope he will see this, to let him know he can have his revenge :ROFLMAO::cry:

(Screenshot with username deleted)

Post automatically merged:

56 points move with a 4 provisions cost card, do u think spores should be nerfed ? it one of my fav cards

1660693953604.png

Last edited by a moderator:
being called a noob by this guy for the third time, i think he's losing each time he face me
i never noticed when he texted me, just realise after moments and it make me laugh, but he never allow me to answer bc
he's alway send friend request, tell me i'm noob then delete me, i alway accept friend request from guys i just played with bc i expect them, to ask for a revenge or ask to have my deck
hope he will see this, to let him know he can have his revenge :ROFLMAO::cry:

This brings back some memories - about a year ago I got a very similar message from the same guy :LOL: Don't even remember what game it was, but he went to great lengths to add me to his friends and then served some choice insults. 'Noob' was one of them - must be his favourite word. Best to ignore these specimens ;)

Can anyone explain how you get two Dire Bears? I didn't see it get copied in any way. This was in the Trial of the Grasses seasonal mode.

Edit: Never mind. I realized it was Dudu.
1660746564862.png

Last edited:
Just made a [ Nilfgard Renfri Sihil ] deck rage quit on round 2 with my home made still working on [ Syndicate Hale Bounty ].

When a non-meta home unfinished deck played right suppress a rage quit player with the powerful-engines-that-i-saw-on-youtube played quite miserable to be honest.

Hummmmm ... the satisfaction ! Just want to share the moment.

Rank 3 and people still depending on the script of the last twitch they saw to play, very .... very fun to crush this type of players!

Captura de tela 2022-08-17 194004.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made a [ Nilfgard Renfri Sihil ] deck rage quit on round 2 with my home made still working on [ Syndicate Hale Bounty ].

When a non-meta home unfinished deck played right suppress a rage quit player with the powerful-engines-that-i-saw-on-youtube played quite miserable to be honest.

Hummmmm ... the satisfaction ! Just want to share the moment.

Rank 3 and people still depending on the script of the last twitch they saw to play, very .... very fun to crush this type of players!

View attachment 11314403
GG even if playing NG deserve no congratulation

DRK3

Forum veteran
After i read the patch notes, i noticed the Vrygheff rework will make one of my signature meme decks a bit less impressive, so i did a quick deck and gave it a whirl...
(Basically, Vrygheff will be more consistent now but his point ceiling will be much lower).

The combo is defender, cahir... but since there are some decks that simply do not boost, i use Yen to boost everyone, then Yrden.
And between Yen and Yrden, i use the never-used standard bearers, and replay their deploy with vrygheff:

Standard Bearers vs Relicts (R3 Before).jpg

Can you guess who won? :ohstopit:
Army of Smugglers - Giant Bearers.jpg

On this match, i used Vrygheff on Illusionists instead, because having 4 smugglers handboosting me the entire R3 is too good to pass up.
Standard Bearers vs Hyperthin.jpg

This one i did lose, because my smarty pants opponent yen invo'ed my biggest standard bearer, then replayed it himself. Nice move.
Standard Bearers vs Renfri Dwarves.jpg

Farewell, Vrygheff + Standard Bearers... you shall be missed :sad:

Seems like 26 card Enslave is better than the 25 one :)
Beat almost every mirror thx to Yenvo (which no-one uses) on Hefty and Vilge on Defender.
Poor fella didn’t even have a chance against double Helge & Double Skellen nonsense.
Ardal doesn’t do much in mirrors tho (unless opponent plays Joachim). Only gets the card you Invocated

Attachments

• A800151B-D2D2-4857-9B64-652717A183DD.png
    A800151B-D2D2-4857-9B64-652717A183DD.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 30
Top Bottom