Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
I just played a game vs some elf deck that played Shani, but without playing any cards that would get them an out of faction unit

RazTheGnome;n10655281 said:
I'm still very new, and in one of my first ranked games, I forgot that I'd passed and lost round 1, lol. So my pass in round 2 was ... suboptimal.
I had to give ya a point just for the understated honesty (ok so I've done that too =X)

On ranked match my opponent was first and play Ragh Nar Roog. Dry pass, force him to draw one card down or win 2 cards down.
On ranked match first round, on my opponent 2nd move he plays Arachas Queen, consuming only one unit.
Some funny mistakes...

twinkiegorilla;n10658301 said:
I had somebody try to Muzzle Imlerith and immediately forfeit after it didn't work. I lol'd hard.

I commit that mistake yesterday, then my opponent keep playing and I pass with 9 cards against 8. Was able to comeback from that mistake and win the match...

A close one:

It's weird playing 24 bronzes but I managed to get a spotter with slavedriver, used it on the 19 strength Manticore and won the game!
Haven't seen this variant before this one is even better than a Nilfgaardian Knight.
Really clever :p

Last edited:
More fun with Slave Robbers...
R2 vs Discard SK... the card my opponent is about to play is Warmonger and discard another QG (for 2 in his grave)... he forfeited after I looked at his grave...
2018-03-13_1012_1.jpg

Attachments

• 2018-03-13_1012_1.jpg
    2018-03-13_1012_1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 2018-03-13_1036_1.jpg
    2018-03-13_1036_1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 37
And another one, this time against Sabbath/Frost/Drakkars
R1 they lead with frost hounds, I counter with sweers but get nothing, they counter with Sabbath... I Pass
R2 they dry pass, I play Emhyr > Nilf.Gate > Slave Driver, which I pick up...
R3 I've got a hand full of bricked ointment, and handful of slave drivers, a couple of grave robbers, muzzle, novice, and Cahir....
lead off is standard cahir into emhyr into slave driver, pick up slave driver... they frost... I keep playing slave drivers into the frost, grabbing drakkars, then rez them, then throw grave robbers into frost, all the time denying him extra points from frost... they finally play a drakkar and I muzze it for the pic below.... they forfeit immediately
2018-03-14_1158_1a.jpg

Do I feel any pity for them? nah... Sabbath doesn't belong in casual
ETA:
Never have I felt my chosen title was more appropriate... I stole all his ships! = D

Last edited:
Well, i wouldnt consider it an unusual match, but it's my newfound (devious) joy in Gwent - Milva!

I use a Brouver deck with silver spy, and at the beginning play the silver spy immediately, feeling dirty for it, because it looks as im gonna do the Cleaver BS strategy... But i play Milva instead, and the spy goes to their deck, while on my board nothing gets returned since i dont have any bronze /silvers (only Brouver in case i didnt get the spy in hand)

Most of the times, it doesnt pay off, but when the opponent brainlessly plays their same routine and uses Alzur's Doublecross and my spy comes to my side for 15pt without giving him any card, they immediately shame forfeit before i can even burst out laughing!

Happened 3x today vs NR decks, some of them even Lv 100 players, that still immediately forfeited in humiliation. Gotta love Milva.

Played somebody last night who dropped Ciri:Nova as their first card. I had C:N in-hand but sure as heck wasn't planning on playing her that early so it made me pause. During the pause the player hit the "Thanks" emote, so I hit mine back "Let it be so" and dropped my own Ciri:Nova. What followed next...I kid you not...was both of us mashing "thanks" "dammit" and "you're going down" until the counter hit 1 second and he played his second card.

The wife almost fell off the bed laughing about it (she hates Gwent, or at least hates how much I love it) as she just happened to catch what was going down. Easily the funniest experience I've ever had with the game. Also I won. Ha!

On round one my last play was Toruviel, my opponent pass and I win the round. On round two I had 6 cards and he has 7, I pass, then he plays Summoning Circle, face down Toruviel. He quits, easy ranked win...

Was playing monsters, last round it was tied 1 - 1, I had 5 cards in my hand, they had 5 cards. I got stuck with 1 card with power the other 4 were all boost cards. So I went first and played my one power card which was a lock, they knocked it down to a str. of 1 I boosted, the next card they played boosted my card, then I kept boosting it, they kept hitting it with things like thunder, etc. and the last play they played a mandrake and the round ended in a tie 0 - 0. Was so odd, he had 5 cards, all were boost or zero point damage cards. Crazy round.

Was playing Reveal, end up in the last round with a revealed fire scorpion and a concealed Daerlan Soldier in hand, I draw Vattier De Rideaux, and mulligan away the Fire scorpion, getting a second Daerlan :p there were only 4 cards in my deck or so. I play Vattier, reveal the 2 Daerlans and the last 2 enemy cards, and get the (now concealed) fire scorpion and the Nilfgaardian Knight xD That was the best Vattier de Rideaux I've had in terms of how useful he was, even if he wasn't the most powerful xD

Void_Singer;n10676871 said:
Everyone that Hates NG handbuff should get a kick out this shot of me utterly annihilating NG Handbuff... Sweers caught out 2 of his spotters which I grave robbed

Also, lol xD I wrecked one such deck too recently, because I was playing my spotter deck and then used the Venendal Elite I usually keep for Cantarella onto his strengthened knight xD. I had 3 Spotters in hand, ended up taking more of an advantage of his tactic than him :p

Just happened in first round:

Opponent plays Isengrim: Outlaw to something that pulled something that pulled something... In the end he had Isengrim and 10 point Ocvist on board.
I played Parasite and killed Ocvist. I have 0 points on board.
Opponent resurrects Ocvist with Phoenix and forfeits.

???

Last edited:
Enjoying the game, but played two matches tonight that makes me question things.

1st- opponent plays monsters, he plays 2 arachas behemoth In the first round, then plays three more in the the second. How? He didn't spawn, copy or resurrect any... Played them one after another.

2nd- another players, in round 3 played two Ceri:Nova gold cards in the same round. How? No card was pulled to copy such card. Played one after another.

Please explain to me how to do the same or is this cheating.

I can only say that only one of two possibilities exist. either:
A: You missed a play (Behmoths can be pulled from Monster Nest, Summoning Circle, Runestone,and Doppler; Nova can be pulled from Uma's Curse, and both can be cloned from opponents starting deck, etc)
B: Someone has found a way to make invalid decks.

if you see something amiss, check the log and the graveyard, and take some screenshots

SirMarkus75 If you also played a Ciri: Nova, he could have discarded a card with Johnny and got a copy of your Ciri: Nova. It happens to me with my Bran Discard most of the times.

Top Bottom