Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
When two streamers face each other:

2_streamers.jpg

So, i was just using my seductress deck against a NG.

I have curse of corruption on R3, and i think im gonna lose because my seductresses are by far the highest units on board, although he locked most with auckes, serrit in hand.

Then on his last turn, he resets my biggest seductress, and there are several units with 7pts on both sides. i use Curse of Corruption and it scorches one of his. Im still behind, but i got a blacksmith on board, and got 6 coins. That was enough to win!

Except when i was doing the stupic clicks for the fee, i accidentally click on the unlocked seductress, spending 3 f*****g coins on a stupid shield, making me lose the match!

That stupid thing where you have to click on the unit to use the fee, then the target unit, everytime, just cost me the damn game!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just wanted to share some of the weird stuff i got on these 2 days of IJ expansion...

First, my feats with NG and the new gold soldier trio:

Double Ramon FTW.jpg
Double Defender FTW (Mine and His).jpg

Yennefer's Invocation is so great...
Post automatically merged:

And some of my best scorches with my new bandit deck. Its amazing nobody plays around scorch anymore, i didnt even need my Eithne pings to line them up in these cases:

1st Try - Epic Bandit Scorch (R3).jpg

3x6pt
Stars Align Soon (30pt scorch).jpg

3x10 (the screen was taken on his turn but the dog went to 10pt)
Holy Fkin Scorch - 33 (didnt even need pings).jpg

3x11! Kids, dont play Arnjolf and Svanrige on the same turn if you're facing Eithne...

Last edited:
My opponent played Uma's Curse card at the beginning of a 1st round (he had only 1 card in the graveyard), and created Lippy Gudmund (swaps deck with graveyard). It was an easiest win I've had, except maybe when opponent's connection is lost.

My opponent played Uma's Curse card at the beginning of a 1st round (he had only 1 card in the graveyard), and created Lippy Gudmund (swaps deck with graveyard). It was an easiest win I've had, except maybe when opponent's connection is lost.

He then has Renew in hand to reshuffle Lippy and Renew itself back in a deck. Uma must have spawn a good card. Say he also has Decoy in hand he can then play the card out of Uma 3 times if you count Uma's spawn including. Discard is fun to play but got nerved too much, it definately needs an expansion.

So I invented a genius Vattier deck with card advantage (it might be bottom tier2-ish) and the perfect matchup for it is Tall MO, because I can have 3 of their tallest units on my side xd plus low-cost tall removal and reset

rrc

Forum veteran
Recently I played a game in which something extremely satisfying happened. I can't think of any better name than "Castrating the elder bears!". I was playing ST and my opponent was NG and I got blue coin. I had two Dragoons in my deck and drew one on R1. I fixed my game plan, to keep both Dragoons in hand in R3 (even if it is too low tempo and I am losing, I was fine). I pushed hard R1, dry-passed R2 and as planned had a lengthy R3 in which the opponent started.

First the opponent played Hefty and I poisoned it, and of course, it was followed by the defender. I had access to purify through CallOfForest. Ideally I should have used my leader ability and immediately purified the defender, but I made a noob mistake and played Neophyte. The opponent was kind enough to reciprocate a noob play and didn't use the Damien immediately, but went for Cahir. So, I immediately purified the defender and the next two turns the opponent played Damien and Skellen and I played two Dragoons!

Soooooooo, satisfying! The opponent was a good sport and Taunted "Not bad.. not bad at all.." and I replied with "Thanks". I managed to win the game, but even if I had lost, I would have been so happy and satisfied with my plan. While there were a lot of NG hate going on, I thought this can cheer up someone :beer:

elderbear.jpg

rrc

Forum veteran
Something weird happened today (No, not saying about the bugs). I created a deck with Heatwave and went to Ranked mode (in Rank 3). First game, got an Imperial Formation, playing Operator -> Viper Witcher. I heatwaved my Viper Witcher and the opponent forfeited. Next game, I was matched against Lockdown. Opponent played Ball, and luckily I had heatwave this time too. I banished the heatwave and the opponent forfeited. Two games, back to back (4+4 crown points) for playing literally 2 cards. It was weird and unusual to win two games in two cards; and immensely satisfying too.

rrc

Forum veteran
Just played my most memorable game in Gwent History. I was playing NG (for play 15 poison cards Journey quest) with Imperial Formation (of course, no double ball/assire crap) and I was up against another Imperial formation who was playing Soldier variant. In R3, When last 4 cards were there, he played Skellen and boosted him twice. I had Cahir also in my deck and deployed him and boosted him out of Assasination range. The opponent took Kingslayer and for a second I was worried that he was going to copy my Cahir (since I had two more boost from leader and Damien in my hand).

But the opponent went Ranged and copied his Skellen. I put my Damien and boosted him twice and was waiting to get crushed by triple bribery (what if he pulls three Damiens? what if he pulls three Cahir? I am going to get screwed this game for sure) And then the funniest thing in my history of Gwent happened. The opponent played Bribery and god knows why, he played Defender (he chose Defender as an option).

[Now, pause a second and think what would have happened?]

Yes, the defender plays a Tactic card Battle preparation and effectively becomes a 2 point play (as his 5 boost is copied by my Cahir). The opponent clicks his Skellen and... yes, get Battle preparation again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: which is a 0 point play. The opponent was confused for some 5 to 10 seconds (and probably punched his monitor) and forfeited the game.

It is so god damn funny, I was literally clapping and laughing for a long time. Unfortunately I don't have a recording of that, otherwise, it would have been a premium TheGreatDandelionShow worthy clip. It was so funny and satisfying to see an NG noob misplaying and losing, especially with the card I hate the most in the game.. a triple bribery which was worth 2 points on board! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_2020-05-16-19-08-17-077_com.cdprojektred.gwent.jpg

Hi everyone!

Today I was playing Lippy against Dwarves and, when opponent played his leader ability, an Svalblod Fanatic appeared on his side to be played. Does anyone know how that can happen? Have I missed something?

THANKS!

Last edited:
Yes it's kind of a strange bug that rarely occurs, happened to me only one time against Mahakam Forge, after he used his leader Skill he also played my Crowmother from my Deck.

I had an interesting match today when I was playing one of my Neutral quest decks. I run the Desert Treasure duo in the deck... and this time, the opponent also had those cards.

They played Cantarella, which stole one of my DT cards, but I had Dudu and used him on the stolen card so we both had it on the board.
Next turn, opponent played the other half of the duo, spawning the Desert Treasure and getting something (a unit with a Shield, is all I remember of it).
My turn came, and I also happened to have the other duo piece in my hand, so I played him, spawned the Treasure, and got Yennefer (the damage/boost one). Played her on Ranged so she boosted all other units (both the opponent and I had the same number of cards).
This put the opponent's Melee row at over the Initiative Igni threshold, with the Desert Treasure duo at 8 each... so Igni was my next play.

Both players managing to spawn Desert Treasure in round 1 is definitely not common. :D
It was a fun match overall. No tryharding, just having a good time. Don't recall who won.

When you make a huge missplay and your opponent answers kindly with an even bigger one :D

Recently added Ethereal to my Crone deck and gave it a few games. In one of them I msscalculated sk beserker or my ethereal and had to go down 2 cards or lose on even going second round one. Then I suddenly had the perfect draw. All crones in hand and decided bleeding is still my best option, perhaps my hand is even good enough that I can get my card back. When rupture came down I had to give up pushing, at least I could pass on equal points, not loosing more CA. I was 10 ahead, rupture hit for 9 and bleed 2 hit for 1 so 10 up 10 down even. Opponent saw even points with one bleeding count left on my unit and decided he would be fine and passed, too.

I have to add though, I sometimes forgot to check the rounds. Passing round 3 with cards in Hand, thinking somehow I'm still playing the bleed. Late night gaming experience :)

I've been working on a mill deck for ages now. So it's round three, opponent has two cards NO deck and I have three. The issue here is this. I HAVE to win in two 'cause WOULDNT you know it. I used my mullagins on a wim and boom, Cantarella staring me right in the face. I'm playing Season of the Griffon mind you and it never occured to me that a seven drop Cantarella would screw me round three. WIsh i took a screenshot. Person sent me afreind invite tho so for all i took that game i gained somthing in return :D!

Totaly shilling my deck btw too check it out!

I recently played against a mill deck..the opponent took out every card in my deck except 2 cards..I had no cards in hand going into r3 because I drew badly in r1 and had to use everything to stay in r2. The opponent had 1 in hand going into r3.

The last two cards in the deck turned out to be caranthir and living armor. With the leader ability (deaths shadow) I pulled triple living armor, 32 points and won the game. Not a crazy combo or anything but it was pretty satisfying win after losing the entire deck and having nothing in hand. Wish I could've seen their face xD

I had a greatly fun match vs a forum user about a month ago in the season of magic gamemode. SK Discard vs NG assimilate.

The secuence of play was:
Royal Decree into Dandelion: Poet, second Decree into Skald, Dandelion Draws Ermion which I play, Ermion pulls Elf and onion soup (had 2 of them in deck thanks to playing it Round 1 and playing Lippy in R2). I use Elf and onion soup to destroy Roach and Knickers, alchemy use pulls Crowmother, Elf and onion creates another Ermion which pulls another Elf and onion soup, I destroy both Ermions and get Wild boar of the sea which I play ending my turn.

SC1.png

SC2.png

SC3.png

SC4.png

I had a greatly fun match vs a forum user about a month ago in the season of magic gamemode. SK Discard vs NG assimilate.

The secuence of play was:
Royal Decree into Dandelion: Poet, second Decree into Skald, Dandelion Draws Ermion which I play, Ermion pulls Elf and onion soup (had 2 of them in deck thanks to playing it Round 1 and playing Lippy in R2). I use Elf and onion soup to destroy Roach and Knickers, alchemy use pulls Crowmother, Elf and onion creates another Ermion which pulls another Elf and onion soup, I destroy both Ermions and get Wild boar of the sea which I play ending my turn.

View attachment 11053115
View attachment 11053118
View attachment 11053121
View attachment 11053124
Oh, that's me! I did not realized, that I have played against a forum member... Thank you for the match and GG! :beer:

Top Bottom