Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
Or this? 5 ffions. I love NG :shrug:
1604165434776.png

I made some garbage Trap deck because I wanted to do my Artifact quest in a different way.
Played against Double-Cross, first cards played were Elven Scout and Imperial Diviner. My second card was a Pitfall Trap, the opponent's Portal that summoned Ducal Guard and Mage Infiltrator (lol). My trap triggered and due to Portal's high Provision cost nuked all of the opponent's units, which caused them to forfeit.

I should try new things more often!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
So, today i was on a 'specially meme' feeling and after my wacky SY deck, decided to go classic meme with some good ol' Shupe...

I went O.Hunger, but while deckbuilding, i did something i often do which is challenge myself to not use the staples of the metadeck version - in this case that meant no Haunt, no Dethlaff HV, and no Endrega Larvae (specially hard for me cuz i love the little buggers...)

I did quite well, the main problem was not having any thinning with Foglet and WH Riders, because of Shupe and Radeyah's condition. But Shupe's versatility paid off, definitely worth the restriction, or maybe im just lucky and Shupe loves me :shrug:

Shupe of all Trades - destroys artefacts.jpg

Destroying those pesky scenarios like a champ (havent missed a single time today)
Shupe of all Trades - seizes big units.jpg

Punishing those that start with obvious openers

Shupe of all Trades - spawns gamewinning weather.jpg

Or spawning that lovely RNG weather on the perfect turn to trigger at the end and annihilate a full row :cool:

So, after a new expansion is a great time to find yourself in unusual matches.

Was using a SY salamander deck, and was matched against a Viy deck.
Sure i pack a LOT of poisons, but he packs a LOT of consumes. We're into R3 and im poisoning everything and he's consuming everything. Until he decides to play Viy and not consume it (so he would consume it next turn if i poisoned it too).

I Renew my Kurt to lock it (the Renew is meant for salamander actually). Then he cant consume it anymore, but he's ahead. My last poison is used on Viy, and we have the same score, and he still has a card left. He starts spamming emotes and i immediately understand that he's bluffing, and his last card is a bricked tutor, he was just trying to make me forfeit thinking i had already lost, but sure enough it was a bricked Whispering Hillock and we tied! Mind games.

-----------------------------

Had another match, same matchup, but this guy played it differently - didnt give a sh*t about poisons and didnt use leader consumes and was 100% aggressive. He won R1, pushed R2, i held my salamander to finish it, he was just playing awful cards losing tempo and i ended up winning R2 with 2 cards vs 0.

And i STILL lost that freakin match, with leader and 2 cards ahead, because he had a couple of gigant Viys and i had spent all my poisons but still had a Savolla and it still wasnt enough, this made me think Viy decks really are too opressive, if you can just press on always and win as long as your opponent doesnt pack enough tall removal.

----------------------------

But my favourite unusual match was totally different.
I was using an old OH Shupe deck, and i faced a NG guy.
He was doing really weird plays, with travelling merchant, and he discarded his Vyyper. At this moment i thought - "ah this is a poor noob who doesnt know how the card works"... I couldnt have been more wrong.

Turns out it was a meme master that knew exactly what he was doing, making me underestimate him and going down a card on R1 but he was able to set up this:

Crazy Vyyper Meme guy (1).jpg

3 cards down, but he plays R2, the 3 vyypers consume all my GY and come to his side, where he plays Letho KS for a 4th Vyyper, and purifies them, so they do the same thing on R3!
Crazy Vyyper Meme guy (3).jpg

Fortunately the R3 was too short and he forfeited when he understood the Vyypers wouldnt come, but man that was an awesome match, a strategy of meme power OVER 9000, i bow down to this fellow meme master.

So, after a new expansion is a great time to find yourself in unusual matches.

Was using a SY salamander deck, and was matched against a Viy deck.
Sure i pack a LOT of poisons, but he packs a LOT of consumes. We're into R3 and im poisoning everything and he's consuming everything. Until he decides to play Viy and not consume it (so he would consume it next turn if i poisoned it too).

I Renew my Kurt to lock it (the Renew is meant for salamander actually). Then he cant consume it anymore, but he's ahead. My last poison is used on Viy, and we have the same score, and he still has a card left. He starts spamming emotes and i immediately understand that he's bluffing, and his last card is a bricked tutor, he was just trying to make me forfeit thinking i had already lost, but sure enough it was a bricked Whispering Hillock and we tied! Mind games.

-----------------------------

Had another match, same matchup, but this guy played it differently - didnt give a sh*t about poisons and didnt use leader consumes and was 100% aggressive. He won R1, pushed R2, i held my salamander to finish it, he was just playing awful cards losing tempo and i ended up winning R2 with 2 cards vs 0.

And i STILL lost that freakin match, with leader and 2 cards ahead, because he had a couple of gigant Viys and i had spent all my poisons but still had a Savolla and it still wasnt enough, this made me think Viy decks really are too opressive, if you can just press on always and win as long as your opponent doesnt pack enough tall removal.

----------------------------

But my favourite unusual match was totally different.
I was using an old OH Shupe deck, and i faced a NG guy.
He was doing really weird plays, with travelling merchant, and he discarded his Vyyper. At this moment i thought - "ah this is a poor noob who doesnt know how the card works"... I couldnt have been more wrong.

Turns out it was a meme master that knew exactly what he was doing, making me underestimate him and going down a card on R1 but he was able to set up this:

View attachment 11073200

3 cards down, but he plays R2, the 3 vyypers consume all my GY and come to his side, where he plays Letho KS for a 4th Vyyper, and purifies them, so they do the same thing on R3!
View attachment 11073203

Fortunately the R3 was too short and he forfeited when he understood the Vyypers wouldnt come, but man that was an awesome match, a strategy of meme power OVER 9000, i bow down to this fellow meme master.
Woah, how did he set up so many of them?

Woah, how did he set up so many of them?

So, the "crazy vyyyper guy", as i call him, he discarded his vyyper early R1 so it would purposefully appear on my side, he used imposter to get his 1st Vyyper, played Damien and Idarran which allowed him to reuse leader ability and spawn the 2nd and 3rd vyyper, and he purifed the doomed one.

Then on 2nd round, after the 3 Vyppers came to his side, he played Letho KS to get the 4th and purified them all with Siegfried so they would do their thing again on R3.

P.S. - i hope he doesnt mind that i expose his original strategy publicly like this, i apologize if that's the case and i can say i did it only to praise his brilliance.

(EDIT) Or maybe not. I found the tactic so unusual i assumed this player i faced came up with it, but now ive seen complaints about it on other threads and im disappointed its starting to become a thing. Oh well, i praise whoever came up with it in the first place

So, the "crazy vyyyper guy", as i call him, he discarded his vyyper early R1 so it would purposefully appear on my side, he used imposter to get his 1st Vyyper, played Damien and Idarran which allowed him to reuse leader ability and spawn the 2nd and 3rd vyyper, and he purifed the doomed one.

Then on 2nd round, after the 3 Vyppers came to his side, he played Letho KS to get the 4th and purified them all with Siegfried so they would do their thing again on R3.

P.S. - i hope he doesnt mind that i expose his original strategy publicly like this, i apologize if that's the case and i can say i did it only to praise his brilliance.

Ahah, brilliant! So it works even if you just drag it on graveyard?

Ahah, brilliant! So it works even if you just drag it on graveyard?

Nah, usually you play it on your side, so next round he goes to opponents graveyard, consumes everything then returns to your side.

But with this strategy it works in reverse, you discard it so it goes in your graveyard and then appears on opponent side, so you can copy many instances with imposter and by other means.

Just had a matchup against a famous streamer which probably fits in this thread very well.

Usually I don't play this Deck when I'm trying to rank up, i was just bored and tough I play a quick round with it on rank 2 for fun and I ended up trolling Flake big time.

I kind of already gave up round 1 after not drawning in to Coral and also being forced to use the Leader to catch up and additionally playing probably the dumbest Decoy ever (not sure what I was thinking).

So in the final round Flake would have easily won and the only possible way to catch up was hoping that Shupe Mage highrolls me to victory, I expected the worst to happen, but let's just say Flake wasn't amused.

The match should be around 02:11.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/878516879
IMG_20210118_204850.jpg

IMG_20210118_205756.jpg

Last edited:
Just had a matchup against a famous streamer which probably fits in this thread very well.

Usually I don't play this Deck when I'm trying to rank up, i was just bored and tough I play a quick round with it on rank 2 for fun and I ended up trolling Flake big time.

I kind of already gave up round 1 after not drawning in to Coral and also being forced to use the Leader to catch up and additionally playing probably the dumbest Decoy ever (not sure what I was thinking).

So in the final round Flake would have easily won and the only possible way to catch up was hoping that Shupe Mage highrolls me to victory, I expected the worst to happen, but let's just say Flake wasn't amused.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::giveup:

Hahaha! What a great match, that shupe play was exquisit :giveup:

HAHAHAHAH

Thats The gwent's rng

With all The respect, but you played very badly, special in round One.

He, otherwise, played very well copying your snowdrop, since his kolgrim hasnt to much beneficts against your discard deck.

But congratulatiions, even playing in that way you win

I was bored with the current state of the game, like everyone else, so decided to do a pretty meme-heavy deck:

SY cache... but with Phoenix, Alzur and Cosimo.

Cosimo is very interesting but clearly he doesnt like me - for every one Cosimo play that gets me good results, i get 3 that screw me over and leave me in an even worse state.

The last one was ridiculous, i had the worst bad luck, followed by the best of luck:

I was playing vs NG spies, and i just know he had Joachim, i F---ing hate that card and the Coup de Grace play, and love to counter it almost as much as i love Heatwaving Balls... so i had my Cosimo ready (usually use him on Phoenix + Redanian ship) for Joachim.
My opponent plays it... i taunt him, play Cosimo next to him... and he transforms it into freakin Vernon Roche! Which is precisely 3pts! And arguably even better than Joachim, since most NR players use it with Hen Gaidth Sword in a very similar way to Joachim+Coup.

Fortunately my opponent seemed to be someone with a limited colection and probably didnt have Coup even though it would fit perfectly in his deck, so i ended up winning, but man, that Cosimo really wanted to F' me up... :shrug:

I had quests to play Neutral cards and Special cards, so I decided to make an all-Neutral Madoc deck.

Played against some kind of a Scoia'tael Trap deck, extremely uninteractable and with very few units.
But I had both Olgierds in my deck.

Immortal soaked up a Fireball (or is it Incinerating these days?), after which he got Heatwaved. :LOL:
The other Olgierd was absolutely amazing in R3: opponent played traps and Saesenthessis, so I kept throwing my bombs on Olgierd and then using his Order to heal him. Madoc got killed every time he showed up except the last.

I ended up winning the game, and it was a sweet victory indeed. Didn't get GG though... I wonder why. :ROFLMAO:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Not sure if i should post this here, on the meme decks thread or the patchnotes thread, if any mods think this post is better on another feel free to move it.

I decided to try the new Henrietta, which i already theorycrafted a deck yesterday.
Some people say this is a meme and not that powerful. Im on the other side, saying its too powerful and i think it will get good value in most situations... so what better way than to try it for myself!

There is a clear path for an Henrietta deck - using pure assimilate deck, with Doublecross and maybe even Angouleme.
I did not do that, i went for something rather different:

I wanted to play Henrietta twice on the same turn, through Renew.
For that, i need a way to kill it without losing much, and since she's in NG and not MO (consume) or SK (self damage), the best way i found was Vilgefortz. And what works well with Vilgy? Tibor and Tactical Decision.
And what works well with Tactical Decision? Snowdrop and Affan, so i also included those, so no room for the standard assimilate deck. Here's the result of the 1st match:

1st Match with Henrietta - MADNESS.jpg

Yes, i misplayed a few times - i used all my locks on R1, then wasnt able to counter the opponents Koscheys, nor produce a counter with Brbiery, and also i let cantarella for too late, he had to discard his last card due to full board but so did i and it was a tie! :shrug:

This game alone doesnt prove anything, but im very sure there are more leader abilities in the meta worth copying than not (Ursine Ritual is being played less now after the nerf). I didnt want to go through all 42 leaders and do a full analysis and present the results, but if these opinions Henrietta is not that good persist i just might...

Using double Cahir Dyffryn ( +Letho) against a monster faction, and when they start consuming each other 😂:ROFLMAO: I'm never getting tired of this deck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210310-001722.png
    Screenshot_20210310-001722.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Top Bottom