Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
Not necessarily weird, maybe a bit more annoying. But I watched a Spellatiel play at least the same Eleven Mercenary about 3 times, the first time was a deploy, the second was a decoy, and the third was from the grave after they killed it to res it. And I'm like o_O the fuck did I just watch and how did that even happen.

Me - Nilfgaard, opponent - Monsters. The third round was of medium length. Around the mid point my opponent plays Iris.

From that moment on, until the end of the round, Gwent was no longer a game of numerous cards and decks, it was all about Iris. A constant ping pong between my opponent, trying to kill her, and myself, trying to keep her alive. Truly, my most noteworthy use of Peter :)

Just started playing yesterday and got one.

Ran a monster deck I made on a whim. I just hit lv. 2 I'm nowhere near good. My opponent never played a single card. I won the first round 6/0 and the same thing happened again. Opponent would shuffle cards, but never put a single one down. I think I threw out two cards and won again like 16/0. When I passed the timer would go to zero.

It was just weird. I did see my opponent's card count drop, but I still had like 9 cards to their 3. Strangest win ever.

So,

FINALLY trying this Kambi deck the game's having visions about for me to try and am having a decent fun with it. I play against this SC Mulli guy, defeat him miserably, go for a new game... instant Forfeit - look at the name - the same guy.

:hatsoff:
Praise The RNG Gods.​

Last edited:
ok, now i don't remember when, but i started this game one month ago, and this was one of my first matches i did in ranked .i know, because i remember pretty much when i built my skellige + geralt aard deck PROTOTYPE (yes, this is a story about an incomplete deck, because i hadn't enough cards to built the deck i was thinking about).
Anyway:
i'm pretty sure i was playing against a japanese player, consuming mons deck, and i know he/she got a good ranking in last season because i remember she had a golden border (not the rank 12 one, and not the one from mahakam ale event). i remember this episode cause this was an annoying taunt-spammer player.
so, i played the "pls, i'm noob, don't be mean" tactic.
he/she placed 3 units in the first row (one of them an allready used unseen vampire leader)
then i randomly played a birna bran, so i got the second row in skellige storm. he/she started to taunt me a lot, cause that row was empty.
next round: geralt aard, and i splashed his units into the skellige storm. he had no counters. thanks to dimun pirates and captains i got enough power so i could pass the round and win easily first round.
i won also the second round, thanks to another captain spawned by crach an craite, and resurrected ancraite warriors.
so satisfying

Just now, I was playing Dagon Swarm vs Radovid Control and two odd things happened:
1) I won the game (going as far as the 3rd round) without ever having a gold card (damn RNG).
2) I had a bad mulligan with Roach and Harpy in the 2nd round. Kicked Roach; opponent opened with Adept and I played Harpy, putting me one point ahead. Then the opponent played Ciri and I Scorched it. That was a weird 2nd round.

Wow, what a game!

Fuarking Emhyr Spies, dudes!

So freaking close. Was so pumped at the end that totally forgot to take a screenshot.

The guy played really, really smart, but had no answer to my second Gold Weather R3 (was playing Crach-sort-of-AxeMen). I was down 2 cards after R1, but I had Udalrik in my hand plus said 2 Gold Weathers, which made me sort of comfortable.

So, of course, R3 he plays his Cantarella gains 2 cards on top of me again, my Weather is slowly crippling him, as I've managed to distribute 2 lonely Brigades on Melee and Ranged. Short story: I played all my cards and he had 3 or 2 more to go. During the entire game he managed to replay his Roach 3 (three) times via Assire, as his last move was Menno on my lonely 26 STR Axeman, with Roach going on the Melee Row for the last time... the lonely Melee Row.

Won by 1 point and hit the ceiling with my ass.

Was an actual GG, indeed.
:hatsoff:​

Last edited:
Not sure if this is maybe a new standard in Dagon Swarm decks, but I saw a bit of a weird play the other day. The opponent plays Wspirit and thinking i will have to go a card down anyway i decide to lock the foglet so at least his r3 finisher is a bit weaker. Anyway the round goes on and after a few turns the guy plays a foglet from his hand. First i was, how the hell did he restore back in the hand, then i saw the original foglet still locked on board and then i was really WTF... In the end we drew r3 so the extra foglet saved the day for him, but still a bit strange imo.

nemirni;n9728101 said:
Not sure if this is maybe a new standard in Dagon Swarm decks, but I saw a bit of a weird play the other day. The opponent plays Wspirit and thinking i will have to go a card down anyway i decide to lock the foglet so at least his r3 finisher is a bit weaker. Anyway the round goes on and after a few turns the guy plays a foglet from his hand. First i was, how the hell did he restore back in the hand, then i saw the original foglet still locked on board and then i was really WTF... In the end we drew r3 so the extra foglet saved the day for him, but still a bit strange imo.

The foglet is coming from the deck and not the graveyard. That's why locking a Foglet has no consequences.

Also you can have up to three foglets in your deck, or even make more copies with Nekker Warriors. So I don't see anything strange with that scenario.

devivre

Except there is no reason to use more than one Foglet because it will be ressed from the graveyard the 2nd time you spawn fog. That's why locking a Foglet can actually be a valid play.

Theoretically, you could put three Foglets in your deck and spawn three fogs to get them all out at the same time, but no one does that because it's very susceptible to Clear Skies.

4RM3D;n9729461 said:
devivre

Except there is no reason to use more than one Foglet because it will be ressed from the graveyard the 2nd time you spawn fog. That's why locking a Foglet can actually be a valid play.

Theoretically, you could put three Foglets in your deck and spawn three fogs to get them all out at the same time, but no one does that because it's very susceptible to Clear Skies.

My point exactly. It did later occur to me that he could spam more fog while this one is still alive and get more foglets out of the deck, but that would be quite situational. Also i am not sure what is the pull priority for foglets deck,graveyard or completely random? If deck, then at least he would get some thinning, but still...

I was playing against NG, he had Tibor on the deck next to another card. He played Fringilla Vigo, it added the strength of the card on its right to Tibor, then Fringilla automatically went back to his hand, he repeated the action 2 more times the next turns (each time adding more strength to Tibor) and won the game.
Is Fringilla supposed to return to the player's hand or did i miss something ?

Makhil;n9752411 said:
I was playing against NG, he had Tibor on the deck next to another card. He played Fringilla Vigo, it added the strength of the card on its right to Tibor, then Fringilla automatically went back to his hand, he repeated the action 2 more times the next turns (each time adding more strength to Tibor) and won the game.
Is Fringilla supposed to return to the player's hand or did i miss something ?

Sounds like an Emhyr + Cahir combo, although that would only explain Fringilla returning to hand twice.

RidiculousName;n9752441 said:
Sounds like an Emhyr + Cahir combo, although that would only explain Fringilla returning to hand twice.
For full fun of it: Emhyr + Cahir + Decoy + Summoning Circle... and then your opponent plays scorch...

Interesting Swim match with Ciri overkill

ciri-dash.jpg

Makhil;n9752411 said:
each time adding more strength to Tibor
But Fringilla doesn't work like that... She sets Strength. Unless the unit to the left of Tybor was buffed between playing Fringilla... and this doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place. Are you sure your opponent didn't copy Tybor's strength to other units? Playing Emhyr and Cahir to the right of Tybor would actually be pretty great tempo-wise, but also pretty risky.

Top Bottom