Sharpen+ Increases DLSS fidelity

+
Apparently the newish Sharpen+ does wonders when it comes to DLSS' image quality. Check out this thread here:

What are your thoughts on this? Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Apparently the newish Sharpen+ does wonders when it comes to DLSS' image quality. Check out this thread here:

What are your thoughts on this? Any thoughts would be appreciated :)
Havent tested it, know it was unuseble before latest driver tho cuz i tryed. Old Sharpen worked fine tho. Gonna have to update my driver it seems. -.- WTF cant they properly document these kinda changes. The driver notes was like 2 rows long.

*Edit was apperantly an older driver not the latest. I notice i get an error message when i try too use sharpen+ but it still works. Its easy too oversharpen tho and get the halo effect going. Noticing more of a fps loss then with the normal sharpen but it does look better. need more testing tho ^^

*Edit2 yea did some more testing and it doesnt like some textures it seems. get bad flickering on grates and aircond on roofs so i think ill stick too normal sharpen untill its more evolved. Dunno if its cuz of DLSS or the filter but its gone with just sharpen. It also gives the same error message that i mentioned before for me: This filter uses depth bla bla this application dont support it.

Last edited:
Noticing more of a fps loss then with the normal sharpen but it does look better. need more testing tho
I need more testing and a few screenshots as well. The pictures in the linked thread seemed promising though. However, it's always good to have more opinions/examples.

It also gives the same error message that i mentioned before for me: This filter uses depth bla bla this application dont support it.
So do I, but I figured this was just a function of Sharpen+ not working properly since I did notice a difference in the image immediately. (And I also didn't notice the message the first time I activated it, given I have a 32:9 monitor and I was focusing on the left portion of the screen)

Found the flickering that could occur too be the straw tho. stood outside judys place and looked over the houses further down and saw just flickering uppon flickering -.-

I gave this a try on my 3090 playing at Ultra settings on 4k but with Balanced DLSS (latest drivers as of Sunday). I think that means DLSS would have essentially been upscaling from 1080p.

To be honest I didn't see any noticeable improvement but I did see some graphical glitches. Those included some flickering textures, textures failing to load and being replaced with untextured surfaces and even in one case some geometry becoming transparent allowing me to see out of bounds. So I switched it back off again.

Not saying nobody will find this feature useful but certainly YMMV.

Top Bottom