Shieldwall Hotfix Waiting Room.

+
I'm pretty sure they can just make duel remove the shield before the first hit is delivered. :] Please do this.
I mean if Tourney Joust can remove it before doing damage then they can make Duel do the same for the card that uses Duel (but not for the enemy, ofc since he's already in a privileged position considering he gets the 1st hit in).
lorewise it should remove shields from both units before a duel^^ I actually kind of like that idea

I think that would hit a lot of other units in the gut unrightfully like lyrian arbalests or something. I tried to make a full order list with arbalests and worked really well with shields but I wouldnt consider it OP

I feel like it might be worth it. Shield is a powerful defensive ability, which shouldn't be abused on offense. Just because something is not considered OP, doesn't mean the thing can't be exploited, as is the case with dueling units. At least make it that if you do inflict damage from inside the shield, your attack REMOVES the shield. That way somebody like an archer can just sit there gathering charges until it's ready to attack.
Post automatically merged:

lorewise it should remove shields from both units before a duel^^ I actually kind of like that idea

What lore says you have to remove a shield before a duel? I don't really get that

Hmm well actually yeah I'd support that too. :D Certainly more fair then ploughing through any unit with a zealus shielded Anseis (however you spell his name lol) in one turn. :p

What lore says you have to remove a shield before a duel? I don't really get that
maybe I expressed myself wrong here. I guess I would just find it logical that if one of the duelists loses shield, the other one should too. a duel is always supposed to be fair no?

maybe I expressed myself wrong here. I guess I would just find it logical that if one of the duelists loses shield, the other one should too. a duel is always supposed to be fair no?
But it ain't since one of them gets the 1st hit in (and it's always the same one) :p gameplay wise I mean lol.

why does everytime an update comes for gwent something has to be ridiculously broken like this? just played against NR shieldwall and even bled anseis and baron out of him for a short round. his cards were defender, vysogota, seltkirk, vissegerd and viraxas. needless to say I couldnt deal with any of those cards thanks to defender and 2 shield charges :giveup:
PLEASE CDPR

rrc

Forum veteran
Shieldwall is a strong ability, but I guess the question is, it stronger than Uprising?

My gut feel is that it isn't, but then i also feel that Uprising is still too good compared to most of the other leaders.

On top of this and irrespective of whether it is stronger on not, the interaction between Anseis, Shields and Viraxis is a little unhealthy.
Imagine playing with the exact same deck with just swapping the leader and imagine a mirror match-up. Uprising Facing ShieldWall. I can see an easy clean 2-0 and I had done that too. Uprising is very strong and no double about it. But ShieldWall will own Uprising.

What is Uprising's answer to Shielded (Anna, Vyosogota, Anseis, Seltkirk-who-can-be-AAed, Ildiko)? But SW has answer to anything Uprising can throw it. You are talking about a 10+ Scythman - which by the way is not easy against SW? My Seltkirk says "These dogs have no honor" to an uprisen Scythman.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So i decided to try Shieldwall... but not that BS Tier 0 crap that is goin around, nah, i had to try some memey goodness! Enjoy

Troll Shieldwall - R2.jpg

Artificer Army.jpg

Biggest Roegner Ever.jpg

Is that the biggest Roegner you've ever seen or what?
Im also using Operator+Artificer, so opponent gets to shield one of their precious units, just to kill it with tesham mutna sword for maximum troll mode :shrug:

So i decided to try Shieldwall... but not that BS Tier 0 crap that is goin around, nah, i had to try some memey goodness! Enjoy

View attachment 11057720

View attachment 11057723

View attachment 11057726

Is that the biggest Roegner you've ever seen or what?
Im also using Operator+Artificer, so opponent gets to shield one of their precious units, just to kill it with tesham mutna sword for maximum troll mode :shrug:
A lot of red point to you.

Beatifull pictues.

I think thats what CDPR whants the playes do with shield. But well, we whant to win and ground ranks, so we use in our combate units hehehe

haha reminds me of misterhabbla's meme card video about tesham mutna sword :giveup:

DRK3

Forum veteran
haha reminds me of misterhabbla's meme card video about tesham mutna sword :giveup:

Actually, that's exactly where i got my inspiration from - Misterhabbla's video, not that one (i dont think i saw that), but the one where he plays Operator+Slyzard to bait the opponent into eating something with it, then use Dandelion Vainglory :ohstopit:
Here its the same principle...

BTW i did this deck as a joke but its been ridiculously easy to win with it, maybe not vs "meta shieldwall" but absolutely everything else including SK warriors and rage of the sea.

Actually, that's exactly where i got my inspiration from - Misterhabbla's video, not that one (i dont think i saw that), but the one where he plays Operator+Slyzard to bait the opponent into eating something with it, then use Dandelion Vainglory :ohstopit:
Here its the same principle...

BTW i did this deck as a joke but its been ridiculously easy to win with it, maybe not vs "meta shieldwall" but absolutely everything else including SK warriors and rage of the sea.

That is because shield is very OP. Instant kill cards are mostly removed from Gwent, and the few exceptions require either very tall units or a ton of provisions. Even then, most only kill one unit. With last play Roegner you basically auto win. NR by itself is very powerful, but with Shieldwall it is ludicrously OP.

ya1

Forum regular
Changing mechanics because devs shat the bed again with another broken thing? To make that thing less broken? That's not the way. Just remove the broken thing. NR can't have shields on a leader. I know that. You know that. Anyone who played Gwent for more than 3 months knew Shieldwall would be broken as soon as they saw the stream. It's a real mystery of the universe how devs didn't know that but what's done is done and now needs to be undone.

DEVS SHOULD NOT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY AND CHANGE THE GAME IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THEIR OWN MISTAKES.

Changing mechanics because devs shat the bed again with another broken thing? To make that thing less broken? That's not the way. Just remove the broken thing. NR can't have shields on a leader. I know that. You know that. Anyone who played Gwent for more than 3 months knew Shieldwall would be broken as soon as they saw the stream. It's a real mystery of the universe how devs didn't know that but what's done is done and now needs to be undone.

DEVS SHOULD NOT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY AND CHANGE THE GAME IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THEIR OWN MISTAKES.

The reason people didn’t scream
About NR when MM came out is they were distracted by SK. NG also got a lot stronger from MM. NG got nerfed in the leader change enough to balance it for now. NR got buffed. But, even had they not been buffed, they have to many value cards. High utility cards, high damage cards, self sustaining engines, multiple 2 point engines, etc... This needs to be corrected.

I still think it can work with two simple changes. Duels need to ignore Shields like Tourney Joust does and Shield Wall shouldn't boost at all. Applying both Shield and Inspired is too good.

The reason people didn’t scream
About NR when MM came out is they were distracted by SK. NG also got a lot stronger from MM. NG got nerfed in the leader change enough to balance it for now. NR got buffed. But, even had they not been buffed, they have to many value cards. High utility cards, high damage cards, self sustaining engines, multiple 2 point engines, etc... This needs to be corrected.
If you look at meta lists, Nilfgaard is probably the faction with the highest amount of cards from Merchants of Ofir and before. Devotion lists are a lot less common and so are Fergus and Amnesty; Coup is mostly used in Assimilate lists. Meanwhile none of the new bronze spies sees play.
So except for Braathens and Usurper (who got nerfed) Nilfgaard didn't benefit from Master Mirror.

I genuinely do not understand how the developers go about balancing the game. It seems they only look at cards with no regard to gameplay.
Just awful awful at balancing. Every patch same issue

If you look at meta lists, Nilfgaard is probably the faction with the highest amount of cards from Merchants of Ofir and before. Devotion lists are a lot less common and so are Fergus and Amnesty; Coup is mostly used in Assimilate lists. Meanwhile none of the new bronze spies sees play.
So except for Braathens and Usurper (who got nerfed) Nilfgaard didn't benefit from Master Mirror.

Coup is a big in any situation. Against point slam it can be worth 12 or 13, against control it can be big card removal, and against engines it can be worth quite a bit as well. Seditious aristocrats can easily play for 9 or 10. Mage infiltrators are common in casual (and quite effective.) I haven’t followed the ranked meta much since MM but if used properly NG can do huge damage with MM cards. The leader nerfs to prevent invoke and return helped with the balancing. I don’t get why the create card leader ability didn’t take a hit. Seems like the only legit play 2 for one leader ability left. Either way, NG has its issues, but NR is this months SK and needs to be dealt with.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I still think it can work with two simple changes. Duels need to ignore Shields like Tourney Joust does and Shield Wall shouldn't boost at all. Applying both Shield and Inspired is too good.

I disagree with changing the whole duel mechanics just to nerf the current problematic cards, it would be a more elegant solution to just give veil to Anseis, since he's the one that can be played and activated instantly with 1 charge, seltkirk on the other hand needs Ildiko or Ves to give zeal, so there's always a possible counter with locks/removal.

I do agree with the suggestion to just give shield and not boost, that would stop broken Anseis, instantly boosted and protected Anna, and Vysogotta would be Tourney Joustable/ easier to deal.

Sorry to hear that, hope you'll recover soon.

I tested a first iteration of a devotion-shield deck yesterday with mixed results. After having read this thread I was expecting to crush my opponents, but they even managed to sneak a win. :think:

Probably I was missing a bit of consistency. I'll add Oneiromancy and maybe even King Roegner...
My Mousearm is still in good shape so I do have some time testing and commenting the next couple of weeks :beer:

Started the season at rank 3 yesterday. No NR at all till lvl up. At rank 2 coming from any direction. NR is strong and SW busted. To be honest, though it's not that as bad as warriors after MM release.

Top Bottom