Shikate Card Proposals

+
Shikate Card Proposals

Hello guys! I've created this topic to occasionally share with you some of my ideas for new cards!
I think about them quite often during my free time, but here I will post only my most solid ideas :)
Let's start with the simple legend:

• Scoia'tael Faction
  • Northern Realms Faction
  • Skellige Faction
  • Monster Faction
  • Nilfgaard Empire Faction
  • Neutral Cards

So... let's go!

Nimue (0)
Type: Hero, siege
Rarity: Legendary
Loyalty: Loyal
Effect: Teleport - choose a hero card from your deck and play it instantly

The reason:

Nimue is a future sorceress from the books who helped Ciri to find a way to her past world by creating a teleport. She spent her whole life on studying the legends and the history of Geralt and Ciri and thanks to her the world could be saved.
Nimue role in Gwent might be very important for some decks which focus on having a certain hero always in your hand, no matter the luck. Nimue is a hero card which would actually transform into a different hero card, increasing the chances of having a certain hero in our games by 100%. Let's think about the example of using the card:
We have Geralt: Igni hero card in our Northern Realms deck which is a perfect counter for Monster deck and we play against the Monsters. Unfortunately, we didn't draw Geralt: Igni. We have Nimue card in our hand instead and while our opponent is building a really strong melee row with Biting Frost, we play Nimue and summon Geralt: Igni from our Deck to burn the melee row and remove Biting Frost.
I think that this mechanic could really make the game even more unpredictable and more exciting.

Yennefer: Magic Barrier Spell (10)
Type: Hero, ranged
Rarity: Legendary
Loyalty: Loyal
Effect: Magic Barrier - Choose a row and place Magic Barrier glyph. When any card from this row is going to be removed, it stays on the board and Magic Barrier glyph is removed instead. This effect can't protect the cards from getting removed during the end of the round.

The reason:

During the battle of Kaer Morhen Yennefer summoned a giant barrier which protected us.
. Protecting cards like those are necessary in the game to form much more different playstyles. It's a perfect counter for Scorch or Geralt: Igni. Magic Barrier is also a glyph, which means that we can't place Inspire on the row anymore. Here's an example:
We play Monster deck which gets buffed by the Biting Frost and we have 10 Wild Hunt cards on the melee row. Our total strength of melee row is 80. To protect it from Scorch or any other effects, we play Yennefer: Magic Barrier Spell and cast Magic Barrier Glyph on the melee row. Our opponent plays Geralt: Igni and he would remove our 3 Wild Hunt cards, greatly decreasing our strength. Anyway, he removes Magic Barrier glyph instead.

Top Bottom