Shoot through walls?

+
What can Tech weapons not shoot through?
I've got an issue where I'll be in a firefight and shoot with the tech shotgun, it'll go through containers or brick walls, but a canvas tent stops everything? Granted I haven't done much in the engineering tree yet but if anything canvas should be low-level penetration compared to standard walls or shipping containers, no?

What can Tech weapons not shoot through?
I've got an issue where I'll be in a firefight and shoot with the tech shotgun, it'll go through containers or brick walls, but a canvas tent stops everything? Granted I haven't done much in the engineering tree yet but if anything canvas should be low-level penetration compared to standard walls or shipping containers, no?

Tech weapons seem to only care about if you can see the enemy, so pinging makes things thought extra walls and the like shootable but without pinging only being about to see then through one wall ya can't hit them lol

Tech weapons seem to only care about if you can see the enemy, so pinging makes things thought extra walls and the like shootable but without pinging only being about to see then through one wall ya can't hit them lol
Thanks!
I'll give that a try and see what happens!
Post automatically merged:

Turns out my game is just FUBAR with tech weapons.
experimented with one target. Pinged, locked, all resistances down... "whole kit and kaboodle
all it needed to do was go through a single piece of corrugated metal... nada.
Guess this is just a never-ending glitch or bug in my game now.
RIP

Last edited:
Turns out my game is just FUBAR with tech weapons.
experimented with one target. Pinged, locked, all resistances down... "whole kit and kaboodle
all it needed to do was go through a single piece of corrugated metal... nada.
Guess this is just a never-ending glitch or bug in my game now.
RIP

Er mate, did you charge it up by holding the trigger? The charged shot is what penetrates walls.

Yeah it feels pretty broken/unbalanced it could, however, feel great if you had to max out your perks and build your V to be able to pull this off near end game or on a NG+ It would feel like you earned it. I would almost feel motivated to commit an entire playthrough to building for that ability. Just balancing the resistance clothing mods/cyberware/perks giving us three ways to become immune to a damage type is a waste why burn a perk point when I can slot a mod and why waste the mod slot when there is nothing else to put in the integumentary cyberware. It's just obviously unfinished or very poorly thought out.

The Itemization and crafting system in this game are mostly an unorganized/rushed outline of said systems and they will be trashed and overhauled to be 100x better by unpaid modders if CDPR gives us the tools. I feel for the devs I totally believe they know these parts of the game are just good enough that they could move onto get some other unfinished piece just good enough to get all the finished pieces as good as possible because like it or not the boss man says we release on last-gen hardware while it's relevant or bust. I totally believe had they been given the proper time and leadership things would be so much better, but the reality is that didn't happen. So now will CDPR let that happen will they let the devs build the game they want to build or will it be gutted so there is parity with PC and last gen consoles.

Last edited:
Indeed. You can get immunity to all effects in three ways (mods, perks & cyberware), which makes the status effects redundant.

It's a feature!

Ping all the enemies. Tag them all so they stay highlighted.
Kill them all from 6 buildings over and half a mile away.

Please keep in mind, this is not the game's final form.
Also, if modding is ever opened up beyond the heavily restricted access to modding we have now, Modders will "fix" wall penetration with like 10 different variants of weapon penetration to shoose from, I'm certain, because, modders will do.

Er mate, did you charge it up by holding the trigger? The charged shot is what penetrates walls.
Pretty sure I did... Isn't that why the damn things take almost a second to shoot?
I know I was shooting charged shots (gun becomes shaky as all hell, little charge indicator scrolls either from bottom to up/ left to right to indicate) into a shipping container on a pinged "marked" Maelstrom, and he gets hit, but when I was attacking his buds through a propped-up tent, all that occurred was a change in aesthetics with the material.
I'll make sure to record and upload next time. Do the tech weapons need to be fully amped up in engineering or should anything base also work?

My game was glitching this entire time, but now Tech weapons work just fine and I see what everyone says. They really are OP. Also, do y'all find it beneficial to upgrade the Tech Weapons or just craft new ones?

My game was glitching this entire time, but now Tech weapons work just fine and I see what everyone says. They really are OP. Also, do y'all find it beneficial to upgrade the Tech Weapons or just craft new ones?

Last edited:
Top Bottom