Short list of suggestions

+
Hello, I'm Brazilian and I'm using google translator to write this, sorry if I have any confusing words.
I've had a lot of ideas in my head for a few days after spending several hours playing cyberpunk, so I decided to look for a way to suggest ideas for CD Projekt Red and found this forum.

1 - Optimization technique
We know that cyberpunk 2077 is a game with several performance and rendering issues. I imagined out a way to improve this.
Do you know what cache means? The main purpose of a cache is to increase data retrieval performance by reducing the need to access the slower underlying layer of storage. You developers could create a form of cache in cyberpunk to load scenery, vehicles and any other type of data faster and thus reducing the framerate drop since the main things of the game would be preloaded. Of course, it's always good to adjust a cache limit so that it doesn't weigh heavily on memory in the future.

2 - Very injured NPCs will fall to the ground and crawl away until they do a weakened lying animation and after a few seconds, die.

3 - Explosion destroys NPCs
When explosion action happens in the game, it could be adjusted 3 layers of range. The closest first layer would tear the npcs apart (Gore: Taking off arms, legs, etc.. and lots of blood!). The second, could leave them injured and executing suggestion 2. The third would be the weakest and would not take much life, but would push them a few centimeters and make them stand up.

4 - Realistic vehicle destruction
I recently downloaded a mod called Realistic Car Crashes, and so far it's one of my favorite mods, as the destruction of one vehicle crashing into another, or into some solid, is so well done and realistic, including the crash sounds and effects. The most impressive thing is that this mod does not impact FPS. It would be very interesting for you to take a look and get idea at this mod, it would completely change the vehicle combat.

1665720884186.png

Last edited:

just take a look at this brazilian upcoming game, it has better bullet impact physics than cyberpunk and better IA. it's been made by 8 people. Cyberpunk made by thousands can't get a good IA or shooting phyisics wtf

4 - Realistic vehicle destruction
I recently downloaded a mod called Realistic Car Crashes, and so far it's one of my favorite mods, as the destruction of one vehicle crashing into another, or into some solid, is so well done and realistic, including the crash sounds and effects. The most impressive thing is that this mod does not impact FPS. It would be very interesting for you to take a look and get idea at this mod, it would completely change the vehicle combat.

View attachment 11324273
This is in the game. To damage your car like in the image you have uploaded here, you have to Crash a certain amount of times, the mod just reduces the amount of crashes you have to do and so this damaged car model can appear faster.

just take a look at this brazilian upcoming game, it has better bullet impact physics than cyberpunk and better IA. it's been made by 8 people. Cyberpunk made by thousands can't get a good IA or shooting phyisics wtf
Different devs different priorities, also that's not bullet "Physics" :D those are decal textures and flare particles, that's it. Another thing I have noticed is that the AI is worse than Cyberpunk? The NPCs are not trying to get away from you, they're running Into the player. But well, the video you showed is from a game that is in development and as you said there are a small amount of people working on it :)

Another thing I have noticed is that the AI is worse than Cyberpunk?
That's my thought too... Even cops just run to you and stand in front of you, waiting to be killed. Not very smart...
(on a side note, it seem more a "overhaul mod" than a game inspired by... If I remember, the map with integrated health bar is exactly the same as the "original" game).

This is in the game. To damage your car like in the image you have uploaded here, you have to Crash a certain amount of times, the mod just reduces the amount of crashes you have to do and so this damaged car model can appear faster.
So I can say with certainty that the default state of the game for this is terrible, at least from my own experience, you crash into them and it barely takes effect, the biggest impression I got when I played at launch is that these cars looked like titanium, and even after patch 1.6 this impression still looks the same.

I have early access to this game, really they put in a lot of effort for a small team, and we are impressed in Brazil =)

Last edited:
Top Bottom