Short message after match to your opponent

+
Hello.

I'm feeling "gg" button is not enough.

I understand and agree that you shouldn't be able to go into long discussion with your opponent, so the "friend invite" works. But sometimes really want to write something to my opponent and
I ask him to be a friend
One day later he accepts invite
And one day later I see that he accepted and write "hey, who are you, why I invited you to friendlist?".

Wouldn't it be nice to write just few words visible instant? That would also made possible more friend invites to be accepted instant "Hey I want to talk with you, would you accept my friend invite"?

The reason I write this topic is my last match. I'm doing artifact mission. So I played soldiers first round, he got useless deck so I win with one card more, we go to last round
He play card.
and I play artifact.
He think a while and play card.
I play artifact.
He struggle, he think, he is hurt I can feel it on the other side of network. He eventually play a card.
I play artifact.
I can feel his pain. I can see him thinking. I understand how I destroyed his game plan and this fun casual not ranked game changed into nightmare. He got useless removals in hand and on battlefield, he got a little assimilate but have no of my cards to copy, enslave not only can't steal my engine, enslave can't do a #$%#$. His thoughts found me, pure hate towards me pouring through window almost dropped me down to me knees but
I play artifact
He is devastated. Hate is no more. Just resignation and acceptation. He play whatever.
I play artifact
He surrender.

Can you understand HOW MUCH I wanted to say I'M SORRY, SO SORRY after this match? And I couldn't. This gg i clicked felt like I was mocking him.

Don't you have some matches you want to write few words?
"Hey, nice idea".
"Great deck!"
"Ha, I got you!"
"I want to be your friend"
"I LOVE your deck, I will copy it"
"I hate you so much" (yeah, lets be real, that.... that happens too.)

Could we have some way to write quick response to enemy and he will see it like in the middle of screen. If if both want talk more, it's the moment when both can go to friendlist and actually invite each other at same time?

Potential for abuse way too high; people 100% would use it to be less than polite. IMO, any kind of a communication in a multiplayer game that isn't predefined lines (in this game's case, the taunts) is trouble, because there are always nasty people among the community.

If such a system were to be implemented, which most likely won't happen due to the abuse potential, it would definitely need to be toggleable (as in, a setting to not display comments opponents might send). Just like there is an option to disable taunts.

I just would like the option to say "My bad" when I screw up lol, have it be added to the communication display.
Ah yes, that too! Or at least that. I would say "may bad" each artifact I play...
Yes, when I make mistake, I say "Bad move" but most leader comments mock ENEMY bad move, when it's mine. They still get it (I hope) but something saying "bad move" by itself would be nice.
Post automatically merged:

Potential for abuse way too high; people 100% would use it to be less than polite. IMO, any kind of a communication in a multiplayer game that isn't predefined lines (in this game's case, the taunts) is trouble, because there are always nasty people among the community.

If such a system were to be implemented, which most likely won't happen due to the abuse potential, it would definitely need to be toggleable (as in, a setting to not display comments opponents might send). Just like there is an option to disable taunts.
Oh THANK YOU!

I didn't say it in main post because I would like this change to happen, but from the start I understand that there will be some... Like you said... "less polite" comments. Andthis i bad, really bad.

But you gave answer! Make it toggleable! If I want communication with others, I understand that 12 years old kids with bad parents exists and I can accept their behavior (maybe also put in way to ban those people from later comments in future, you know, toggle this things for specific users from my side). If not, I turn it off and live peace and quite life.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
The OP is being very naive. Such a system would mostly be used for insults, threats and overall negative communication.
Gwent has escaped most of this by limiting communication to a minimum. Still players found ways to disrespect opponents, by spamming taunts, roping, BM'ing.

I have thousands of hours on this game and i've only received 3 or 4 friend invites after a match, and they were all with insults and worthless messages, then they block and run away. So nowadays i only accept GOG friend requests from users of this forum.

Toxicity in online games go hand in hand. Fortunately on card games its probably not as bad as in shooters or other, more active genres.

I would love to be able to leave a two line message like: “neat ideas in your deck” or “Why forfeit, I thought you had me beaten?”. The only other card game I’ve played (Spellcraft descent into chaos) had open communication between players. Not only was it never abused, it mentored new players, and helped build a friendly community.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
As others have pointed out, the potential for abuse and profanity outweighs any advantages. The only way this can remotely work is to only have a number of fixed messages that the player can select.

The OP is being very naive. Such a system would mostly be used for insults, threats and overall negative communication.
Gwent has escaped most of this by limiting communication to a minimum. Still players found ways to disrespect opponents, by spamming taunts, roping, BM'ing.
I hope you are wrong.

I agree it's possible that you are right, other games show this. But even there it's like 10% players, and Gwent... Isn't it game for like older people? Like 15+? You need to think. I want to believe (and I believe) it wouldn't be this bad!

OK, but I see your point and I see I'm totally outnumbered (and again, I agree you guys probably right, you are smart i love you I read other comments and you they are good.)

So, what about this fixed messages? We can make quite a number of it, they don't need to be dubbed, just some comment after game. Only problem is to translate it for all game languages. So can we have, 100?5 50? 20 at least?

I want to talk, sent you friend message.
Incredible deck idea.
Your deck is annoying.
Thank you.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry this is mission deck.
I like you.
I don't like you.
That was fun.
?

I would love to be able to leave a two line message like: “neat ideas in your deck” or “Why forfeit, I thought you had me beaten?”. The only other card game I’ve played (Spellcraft descent into chaos) had open communication between players. Not only was it never abused, it mentored new players, and helped build a friendly community.
Oh you agree? Thank you!

I have thousands of hours on this game and i've only received 3 or 4 friend invites after a match, and they were all with insults and worthless messages, then they block and run away. So nowadays i only accept GOG friend requests from users of this forum.
I invited few.
One because he was using lots of funny taunts. We are good friends now, we test decks together we talk about Gwent it's incredible! I would love some more game friends like this.
I invited like 2 more like this, everything long time ago. But friendship didn't last, someone stopped playing etc.
And also I sent like 3 more accepted invites and we talked a little, mostly about great idea of deck. Or once - yes - I was like "sorry I destroyed game, but I was doing mission boost enemy unit". And he said "it's ok, I did it yesterday too". It was nice.

So most,or even every accepted invite I sent had positive effect.

Last edited:
I would like a "Good Luck" or "Hello" and an actually voice line for "Good Game."

Legends of Runeterra has that waving guy, and it comes off as a friendly hello/good luck emote...after that you never know what you'll get but it's nice to see a friendly emote once and awhile.

lol simply NO
Do you see the daily rants here? No thanks

BTW you propose as a fixed message "I don't like you" ?? What the....

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Hiperon I hope my situation is not the general rule either, i hope everyone's having a better experience with adding or accepting Gwent friends than me. But i've heard from a few players that they like to add newer players and give them advice, so not everyone's terrible.

And also newbies are less likely to be targeted by hate messages, as they tend to win less or not at all and its usually the losers that go for insults, and not even the biggest a-hole will bother going to harass players who dont know how to play yet.

HOWEVER... You make one point i totally agree - there should be a way to communicate to the opponent that you are just doing quests, these would save so much time for both players. I mean, if the Gwent dev team is gonna create these quests that motivate this behaviour and nothing to stop it, it's the least they could do.

I've lost track how many times im carefully planning my entire match on mulligan screen, for the opponent to throw the game after doing their quest thingie, or sometimes, it takes to R2 to figure out what their doing it, wasting even more time.

@Hiperon I hope my situation is not the general rule either, i hope everyone's having a better experience with adding or accepting Gwent friends than me. But i've heard from a few players that they like to add newer players and give them advice, so not everyone's terrible.

And also newbies are less likely to be targeted by hate messages, as they tend to win less or not at all and its usually the losers that go for insults, and not even the biggest a-hole will bother going to harass players who dont know how to play yet.

HOWEVER... You make one point i totally agree - there should be a way to communicate to the opponent that you are just doing quests, these would save so much time for both players. I mean, if the Gwent dev team is gonna create these quests that motivate this behaviour and nothing to stop it, it's the least they could do.

I've lost track how many times im carefully planning my entire match on mulligan screen, for the opponent to throw the game after doing their quest thingie, or sometimes, it takes to R2 to figure out what their doing it, wasting even more time.

In theory having an emote or some way to communicate "I'm doing a quest, sorry" would be great but I feel like it would cause players to simply quit in spite of the other player.

I personally might stick around to help a fellow player out, if they use the emote, but not all players will.

If they give us an an emote they might as well give us a whole new game mode for players that just want to do quest and goof off. Like you said, if they promote this behavior they should facilitate ways to exploit the system without messing with people's practice matches.

I would like to have 10 buttons with various common phrases you would say to the opponent at the end of the game. Let's say 7 positive buttons will give other player GG rewards, and 3 negative ones will not (but will give the opponent a valuable feedback).

Guest 4368268

I'd love to be able to depart with double ball players with some words of encouragement. :coolstory:
But yeah, as practically everyone has said, it would mostly just be provocative.
I'd love to have more sensible taunts though. Detlaff screaming "HAHAHA, do you believe that'll stop me!?" when I press 'well played' makes me cringe.

I miss the old simple Beta taunts like 'well well, impressive.' and 'bad, very bad.' rather than Dettlaff reciting edgy tumblr poems or Gernichora making the kind of sounds your girlfriend makes in a bad mood

Just my opinion but I dislike taunting; Gwent is the only online game I play so I don't know if this is commonplace, but for me taunting is one of the aspects of the game that could be removed. I've been playing for over a year and have never issued a taunt, and don't intend to do so. Adding the facility for a message after the game may have limited benefits which would be overwhelmed by the capacity to add further insult.

Top Bottom