Short Story Knocks off Stars for me [NO Spoilers]

+
Was anyone else horrified by how short the Main Campaign was? I originally put the game at maybe 3.8, even including the bugs and glitches simply because I love CDPR and I was having a blast playing. But after realizing how incredibly short the campaign is, I can't give it more than 2.5 stars. I don't know that I needed it to be as long as Witcher 3 Wild Hunt but JEEZUS! What the flip were they doing for 4 to 8 years?!

The whole world.
They build the city, the charactors, the cars , cloth, guns, civilians and so on.
The story, is the last thing they build, and obviously they have no time to finish it.

To me it just feels incomplete.

By that I don't only mean that the main story feels incomplete. We start so many interesting sideplots and touch so many interesting subjects but as soon as we dig deeper, it's just dropped.

That's a shame

I wouldn't necessarily bank on the story being finished. A big content patch could drop a chapter of solving whichever ending and another of running in NC free of other influences(hopefully when the game "opens up").

For me personally, Witcher 3 was too long. So I was not sad after the announcement of a shorter story in CP77.

But hell... this was a really short one. And I even count all the Panam, Judi and Johnny (Sorry River, you are a nice guy but...) side missions towards story line.

And the rest of the Missions? There are some real gems I really liked. But they are buried under a huge mountain of generic (fetch) and kill tasks in best MMO style...

Last edited:
For me personally, Witcher 3 was too long. So I was not sad after the announcement of a shorter story in CP77.

But hell... this was a really short one. And I even count all the Panam, Judi and Johnny (Sorry River, you are a nice guy but...) side missions towards story line.

And the rest of the Missions? There are some real gems I really liked. But they are buried und a huge mountain of generic (fetch) and kill tasks in best MMO style...

Disagree about W3 being too long, the journey is the fun part.

Totally agree about the mmo quests in CP77. I kept wanting to run a 5 man to break up the monotony.

This is first Problem.

The second one is the timeline; It will not happen this year.

The third one: Dropping a game that is so bug infested (this do not bother me personally, but I had no show stopper bugs), with such a mess of working / not working / stackable / non stackable / useless / overpowered talents, with little to no main story, with suboptimal endings, cut consequences and choices... this is simply not CDPRs level of quality (And yes, I played W1/2/3 at release).

This is first Problem.

The second one is the timeline; It will not happen this year.

The third one: Dropping a game that is so bug infested (this do not bother me personally, but I had no show stopper bugs), with such a mess of working / not working / stackable / non stackable / useless / overpowered talents, with little to no main story, with suboptimal endings, cut consequences and choices... this is simply not CDPRs level of quality (And yes, I played W1/2/3 at release).

I don't dispute any of that.

Completely agree, almost no character's stories were fully developed or resolved, and what they did with Takemura infuriated me. He should have left his fake Emporer and went to Chiba-11 with to free his family.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, by some accounts, is 70 hours long. A “speed run” is 25, and I’ve heard some have taken as long as 100 hours to beat it. And Projekt Red itself has said that there are potentially 200 hours of gameplay in there if people really want to find it.

Cyberpunk 2077 can be completed in 25 – 30 hours depending on how quickly you run through the campaign. That said this is what we’re guessing many will deem the “bad” ending. By forming stronger bonds with the characters in Night City and the surrounding areas you’ll unlock various endings that have a dramatic impact on how your finale will play out.

The claim pre-launch was that for a 100% completion of the game you would need to have played for 175 hours. Because there doesn’t seem to be an accurate indication of percentage completed beyond missions left it’s unclear how far doing main story missions and side jobs will bring you toward that 100% completion mark.

I guess you get what you put into it, just like anything else. I've not completed the game yet and i am over 400hrs total with a + and - from rerolls and corrupted saves.

Top Bottom