Should be able to trade extra pine cones for medeorite powder.

+
The past Winter event gave us the ability to get unique items and stock up on a little medeorite powder. I wonder why this event is cosmetics only? I had half the tree done already, and now I am just stocking pine cones for nothing. I think it would be great if extra pine cones would convert to medeorite power, or something we can use at the very least.

Agree.

I am very disapointed that The devs said they were going to do things to veteran players beeing intetested in The game and in The first opportunity they do The contrary.

So we have a huge time event (cant remember The number of days, but its a lot) and i can only grab 4 New cosmetics.

If they'd done that, especially with powder or ore, it would've been called unfair towards those who did not have most of the tree done already.

There just isn't any solution the devs can choose without some part of the player base complaining.

I think it's fairer this way, even though I did unlock most of the tree last year (and what I didn't unlock I didn't/don't even want).

PS. My frank opinion is "What exactly is the problem with not being able to use all of one's currency that's most likely one-time-only? It really does not matter when you don't even need to do anything except log in to get it."

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
As much as I'd love to be able to do something with excess event currency, having an exchange mechanism would probably just encourage more toxic decks in Training mode farming easy wins. As it stands right now, about half the decks I encounter there are Guerilla Tactics Milva/Madoc/Sabretooth already.

It would be okay if they carrried the extra pine cones over for use ona future event, even if its for next year.

If they'd done that, especially with powder or ore, it would've been called unfair towards those who did not have most of the tree done already.

There just isn't any solution the devs can choose without some part of the player base complaining.

I think it's fairer this way, even though I did unlock most of the tree last year (and what I didn't unlock I didn't/don't even want).

PS. My frank opinion is "What exactly is the problem with not being able to use all of one's currency that's most likely one-time-only? It really does not matter when you don't even need to do anything except log in to get it."
The problem is The discase they have with veteran players.

Last year we had a superb event, with a lot of things to claim and also pownder.

This year we have a poor event with only 4 things to claim.

Why they dont create a New event like Last year? All the players base could acess to a lot of cosmetics and pownder.

The new players wont have acess for the cosmetics Last year? Well why they dindt play Last year?

There is a New player Who really wants to get acess to The cosmetics Last year? they can sell it on the shop (with real money, ore and/or pownder).

But they didnt in The way i said? Well just give The opportunity to trade for ore and/or pownder The excess of pines we have.

The thing is, they promise they will keep New things to The veteranos players and i dont think they are doing what they promise

Well why they dindt play Last year?
Why didn't you start playing earlier than you did?
Why haven't you already started playing some game you will play in the future (although you don't yet know you will play it in the future)?

Your question doesn't make sense.

There is a New player Who really wants to get acess to The cosmetics Last year? they can sell it on the shop (with real money, ore and/or pownder).
Just as unfair as being able to convert cones into currency, since last year the event awarded all the powder (and then some) needed for unlocking the trinkets.

You're only considering what you would like and what would be good for you; you are ignoring points of view that are not your own, which makes it impossible for you to be objective.

Whereas the devs, I'm sure, are looking at the full picture and choosing options that are not blatantly unfair towards anyone.
I also try to do that, because I prefer to be fair even if it isn't to my greatest advantage, which is why I'm defending the system that is in place even though it's not ideal for me personally.

PS. I also think that it's clear the devs are intent on bringing back old content for the same "price" as it has been available for previously, so that new players (and those who missed some things for one reason or another) have an equal opportunity to get it. This event is not the first of such occurrences.

Last edited:
When you're a new player it is really hard to get resources, especially meteorite powder. I really do not see how new players can complain, since any extra resources help their cause. Veteran players already have the guaranteed premium per keg boon. My mindset as a new player was always that I wish I knew about the game sooner.

When you're a new player it is really hard to get resources, especially meteorite powder. I really do not see how new players can complain, since any extra resources help their cause. Veteran players already have the guaranteed premium per keg boon. My mindset as a new player was always that I wish I knew about the game sooner.
Meteorite powder isn't a necessary resource to build a deck. But being able to farm pinecones to exchange for it would lure some players (definitely not the best kind) to the idea to overplay some broken decks during the event.

Besides, MP is sold for real money at the store. So devs rarely give this resource away freely - so I was really surprised by the last year's event. Specialized non-exchangable resources is the best solution so far. Stockpiling (and then losing) them prepares you for the time when you'll have tons of completely useless extra Reward Points. There's no way to spend the on ANYTHING after the trees are unlocked, if you didn't know.

BTW, don't envy premium card boons of "veteran" players that much. The guaranteed premium card is in 99,9% cases a white one. And three "central" cards that give you one guaranteed premium are blue with the same probability. So I (and other high-level players) get a whooping amount of 30 MP per keg (with kegs being rare when all the trees are already unlocked).

Well, generally speaking, there should be some sort of trading option.
It might be a way to encourage veteran players to keep playing.

Scrap is almost useless to veteran players - a trade even at an extremely bad ratio 1000 scraps for 1 ore - would be fine.
Same for pinecones or anything else like that.
Maybe a way to advance quests, or contracts, by trading - I mean even an extremely bad trade ratio would be better than sitting on hundreds of useless tokens.

Well, generally speaking, there should be some sort of trading option.
It might be a way to encourage veteran players to keep playing.

Scrap is almost useless to veteran players - a trade even at an extremely bad ratio 1000 scraps for 1 ore - would be fine.
Same for pinecones or anything else like that.
Maybe a way to advance quests, or contracts, by trading - I mean even an extremely bad trade ratio would be better than sitting on hundreds of useless tokens.
There is no global system for encouraging veteran players - why would they bother with one for a seasonal event(s)?
Let the excess pinecones rot, I say.

Top Bottom