Should Bethesda Softworks license REDengine 3 from CD Projket RED?

+
FoggyFishburne said:
Ugh, another graphics thread.

And bingo, this gentleman lady gets it. Not everything is about the shiny pixels my dear little tulips.

Fixed that for you />

Tommy said:
Fixed that for you
Oh shit, really!

I'm sorry miss/misses Dragon "my username kicks so much name and all y'all bitches are super jelly of me" Bird.

Damn the internet and its anonymous nature!

On topic:

I'll add this though, even though mods sell games like hotcakes and seriously increases a game's lifespan (I mean hell, Skyrim is still in the top 10 most played games on Steam as I speak) one could always compensate for a game's lack of support for modding with something a bit more concrete. Like say, good gameplay, rich characters or multiplayer. Gameplay is something that TES6 absolutely has to fix. The shit combat has to be discarded now once and for all. They need writers. Pronto! A multiplayer mode, some kind of coop, where you and your friends set out and explore a certain land together could also work crazy well. Maybe even have your own houses and shit. Some kind of persistent multiplayer.

My point is that Bethesda could licence REDengine 3 but question is what would they do with it. An engine isn't the solution to the many problems Bethesda currently has with their mediocre games. Passion, new creative ideas and a return to their RPG roots is what is needed. Innovation and implementing some kind of activity where one could have fun, even long after you're done with all the singleplayer stuff, is very much desired. I'm playing AssCreed 4 now and god damnit, I haven't have this fun in a Assassin's Creed game since... when Tyranny of the King. But I've never had this much fun before that DLC :p

In AssCreed 4, there's this persistent, always respawning and always available boats to board, warehouses to raid, online stuff to do and even just walking around in, say, Havana is awesome. I feel like Skyrim has that last aspect but that's about it.

There has to be something to draw you in. An engine is the tool to do that. Not the answer. But ah, I've babbled long enough, you know what I mean. I wish the best to Bethesda. Oh and also, it seems like RED gets this. From all I've read so far, there's gonna be good gameplay, awesome characters and a activity that you can do ad infitum (i.e. monster hunting). Along with exploration and the sense of wonder and awe you feel when you discover new locations and hidden areas, TW3 seems to be shaping up to be a beast game. But ah, I may be wrong, the articles could just be hyping me up. We'll see.

FoggyFishburne said:
Oh shit, really!

I'm sorry miss/misses Dragon "my username kicks so much name and all y'all bitches are super jelly of me" Bird.

/>

On topic:

My point is that Bethesda could licence REDengine 3 but question is what would they do with it.

Absolutely. The engine isn't what makes the game great, it's just a tool.

Top Bottom