Should Blue Strip Scouts have a higher provision cost?

+

Should the Blue Stripe Scout provision cost be increased?

• Yes, and/or decrease face value

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Yes, to 6 provisions

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Yes, to more than 6 provisions

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • No, the face value should decrease

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Commando could just summon not all others but just up to two (or even 1 but i think 2) with single order - so enemy can counterplay.

Commando could just summon not all others but just up to two (or even 1 but i think 2) with single order - so enemy can counterplay.
And this is how you kill a card. Commandos involve a slow paced strategy, one needs to build a board for it to flourish. It's a typical "high risk, high reward" card. Just because you fell victim to that high rewarding, doesn't necessarily mean you have to kill such a unique card.
P. S.
By the way, I'm a Nilfgaard player. Just so you know that I'm not biased saying this. Cheers, brother, and heads up!

Well, it's been awhile since I've played Gwent, but obviously this has not been changed.

Anyways, the deck is silly, but part of that tactic made it into my Henselt deck, which is based around control and mages. Depending on the draw I can play this tempo tempo move in round 1, 2 or 3. I've never seen anyone give me GG after a game where I used this move.

On the other side of things, I've come to see how bad this spawn mechanic is outside of Bluestripes decks and those Skellige maidens (whom are far easier to counter), in the new Syndicate Firesworn spawn decks.

In any case, many people say it's possible to counter bluestripes, but it's not really possible. I've almost always managed to play this move in my old and my new deck. I feel sorry for the opponent.

It might not be a pro type deck, but it belongs in the category of "abuse decks".

Problematic at Rank 20 and less, irrelevant at higher ranks.
(And Commandos are not even playable anymore)

Problematic at Rank 20 and less, irrelevant at higher ranks.
(And Commandos are not even playable anymore)

Are you serious? Perhaps not a pro ranks, but at high ranks (above 10) many people abuse this silly mechanic. Not playable anymore? They are even more playable now. Non of the problems were removed, and Vernon Roche was changed to make this tactic even more viable.

Unless the opponent only has locks and 4+ damage cards at hand and in their deck, then you will be able to play this troll move. I know it, because I tested it during the time of the activity in this thread, and I recently tested it again.

What's worse is that nothing was done about spawn shenanigans, but rather added to it in the Firesworn Zealot deck. I don't have much experience with that deck, but I could not see any obvious counters to it playing a "normal deck". Unless you are big on artifact destroy, they will have both zeal and "endless charges" (coins) to spam the board.

Perhaps I'm wrong about the Firesworn Zealot deck being a troll deck too. Perhaps enlighten if I am wrong.

Are you serious? Perhaps not a pro ranks, but at high ranks (above 10) many people abuse this silly mechanic. Not playable anymore? They are even more playable now. Non of the problems were removed, and Vernon Roche was changed to make this tactic even more viable.

Unless the opponent only has locks and 4+ damage cards at hand and in their deck, then you will be able to play this troll move. I know it, because I tested it during the time of the activity in this thread, and I recently tested it again.

What's worse is that nothing was done about spawn shenanigans, but rather added to it in the Firesworn Zealot deck. I don't have much experience with that deck, but I could not see any obvious counters to it playing a "normal deck". Unless you are big on artifact destroy, they will have both zeal and "endless charges" (coins) to spam the board.

Perhaps I'm wrong about the Firesworn Zealot deck being a troll deck too. Perhaps enlighten if I am wrong.
I really do not intend to sound mean, however Blue Stripes Commando decks are past their prime and require an inferior leader ability (Inspired Zeal) to function properly.
The game has moved beyond them.

As for the Firesworn Zealot deck, the problem with that deck is that it is incredibly vulnerable to being bled.
Beyond that the deck does not even put out good enough tempo to be afraid of in a long round.
The Flame artifact is an initial 6 point play, just to be worth its provisions one has to spawn several Zealots, just so it draws even with its provision cost.

Blue Stripes Scouts has a few spots to play. Something with Henselt maybe but it's too weak imo, commandos requires 1 turn to play which is okey and with buff deck you can play with Dun Banner Cavalry. Scout kicks a card to bottom of the deck, you can't get value without a activator, only works against milling decks.
If you can't draw scout when combo is ready, it's a 4 provision 4 point solid card, nothing more. I don't see any reason to nerf it.

I really do not intend to sound mean, however Blue Stripes Commando decks are past their prime and require an inferior leader ability (Inspired Zeal) to function properly.
The game has moved beyond them.

As for the Firesworn Zealot deck, the problem with that deck is that it is incredibly vulnerable to being bled.
Beyond that the deck does not even put out good enough tempo to be afraid of in a long round.
The Flame artifact is an initial 6 point play, just to be worth its provisions one has to spawn several Zealots, just so it draws even with its provision cost.

You don't need zeal, you have many potential supporting cards for this move, including giving shield. If someone wants to play this move, there is very little anyone can do about it, lest they only have locks and damage cards. This can be done from a minimum to a maximum, depending on what kind of deck you build.

Like I said, I don't know the firesworn zealot deck very well yet, but it seems quite troll-ish. I don't think there should be troll decks outside of Monsters ;)
Post automatically merged:

Blue Stripes Scouts has a few spots to play. Something with Henselt maybe but it's too weak imo, commandos requires 1 turn to play which is okey and with buff deck you can play with Dun Banner Cavalry. Scout kicks a card to bottom of the deck, you can't get value without a activator, only works against milling decks.
If you can't draw scout when combo is ready, it's a 4 provision 4 point solid card, nothing more. I don't see any reason to nerf it.

To be honest, I don't know how efficient it really is. I doubt it is used alot in pro ranks, but below that it is used to various degree. I've tried it myself, and as I said GG after the game is not something to expect when playing this way.

It's not only so much that the move in itself potentially is overpowered, as it much as it just feels wrong and shouldn't be this way.

Let's just assume a minimum, you play a 10p gold, create a copy with a shield. Opponent plays something (presumably not against the shield). You play 4p scout, draw out 2 commandoes, opponent plays something, you play another 4p scout, draw out another commando.

Now you have 27 points on the table and opponent 2 cards on the table, and it's his/her turn.

I'm not saying Gwent is the same as say January 2019, but at that time, playing 12 points with the Witcher trio (1 move, not 3) was somewhat of a tempo change that could potentially be problematic.

Last edited:
You don't need zeal, you have many potential supporting cards for this move, including giving shield.
[...]
You actually play the Shield cards ?
Is that not worse than playing Inspired Zeal to begin with ?

[...]
To be honest, I don't know how efficient it really is. I doubt it is used alot in pro ranks, but below that it is used to various degree. I've tried it myself, and as I said GG after the game is not something to expect when playing this way.
[...]
If you try harder than the competition, which usually has very limited collections (especially given that one cannot drop below a certain rank ever again after passing it), then you naturally can make almost anything work.
Also not getting GG'd is something I would not worry too much about, as you can make anything work there and people not having ok'ish decks yet will get irritated by losing with what little they start with.

[...]
Let's just assume a minimum, you play a 10p gold, create a copy with a shield. Opponent plays something (presumably not against the shield). You play 4p scout, draw out 2 commandoes, opponent plays something, you play another 4p scout, draw out another commando.

Now you have 27 points on the table and opponent 2 cards on the table, and it's his/her turn.
[...]
Yea, however you have used 3 cards for those 27 points, so you get 9 points per play on average.
Scenario leader plays alone have the potential to generate more points in a single turn (which sounds far more problematic).

[...]
I'm not saying Gwent is the same as say January 2019, but at that time, playing 12 points with the Witcher trio (1 move, not 3) was somewhat of a tempo change that could potentially be problematic.
The game is far beyond that.
Just as an example (let's take Skellige):
Play Scenario + Second Wind into Ermion into Freya's Blessing (with Crowmother in Grave) => 33 points well distributed among one's field in 1 turn.
Admittedly that is a high end play, however given that such combos are not even gamebreaking anymore 8 tempo plays are definitely acceptable.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I hate streamers so much... I know they're just doing their job, but yesterday there was no one using Inspired Zeal, today i faced the first one and i thought 'hey someone doing something different with NR, good for him" and i GG'ed (i never GG metadecks)...

But then came the 2nd, exactly, the same, then 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. I was already cursing out at whatever made the deck popular, whoever it was (now i know).

But then came the 2nd, exactly, the same, then 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. I was already cursing out at whatever made the deck popular, whoever it was (now i know).

I actually saw an opponent (of the streamer) using Bluestripes in another stream as well, also pro-rank.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not a worthless move, like someone said awhile ago in this thread.

Last edited:
I hate streamers so much... I know they're just doing their job, but yesterday there was no one using Inspired Zeal, today i faced the first one and i thought 'hey someone doing something different with NR, good for him" and i GG'ed (i never GG metadecks)...

Boring stuff indeed. Streamers do make it interesting though to build a counter-deck to smash and frustrate the copycats. :cool:

Top Bottom