Should CDPR return to be a PC-only company

+
As someone who's last console was a Sega Mega Drive back in the 90s and that has had 0 interest in buying any console: I don't think that's the root of the problem. It's... unfortunate... that their ambitions were in part crippled by old hardware but releasing their stuff only on PC wouldn't be very smart financially speaking especially now that the new generation is here.

I don't blame old gen consoles for this anywhere near as much as I do management.

PC only seems extreme.

But I think there's a good argument to be made that if a game is ready on PC, then it should be released. No reason to make PC players wait.

However they made us wait but still failed to fix the game for console players before release. Really nice job CDPR.

If the other platforms aren't ready, no sense in holding the one that is back.

Follow Rockstars lead. They released Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC a full year after console

Honestly... game wasn't finished in PC version anyways :)
but I think it needs to be released when it's done for whatever platform it is made..
not for all same date so that way you sell more copies.
*and then refund big bunch of em*

I dont know.

If rockstar can pull of red dead redemption 2 on last gen and pc on an engine created in 2006.

I think CDPR can do the same.

No. It is just me who should not buy any non-PC-only game in the future. For example, if TES6 was made to be a cross-platform game, then I should not buy it.

I mean, as someone who bought Witcher 1 when it launched I do have a certain "I liked CDPR before they were cool" thing going on, and I wouldn't mind at all if they were a tiny studio making hardcore RPGs for a small audience again, but realistically speaking, they are publicly traded, they practically have a mandate for perpetual growth.

:D
CDPR reading this thread - "Holy sh..t! He's right! Let's make PC only exclusives, and loose millions and millions of dollars! What a wonderful idea!"

Cyberpunk 2077 Beats PC Game Sales Record Just Set by World of Warcraft
Cyberpunk 2077 has snatched the record for fastest-selling PC game from World of Warcraft's latest expansion mere days after it claimed it.

Cyberpunk 2077 Beats PC Game Sales Record Just Set by World of Warcraft (gamerant.com)

According to the breakdown, 59% of the pre-orders were for the PC version of the game, and of those, 74% were digital. That means that total launch sales of Cyberpunk 2077 on PC clock in at 4.72 million, easily surpassing the 3.7 million that World of Warcraft’s newest expansion pulled in on its first day last month. And just to be clear, these are just the numbers for the pre-orders, not the copies sold once the game launched, so in all likelihood the final count on the PC version’s day one sales is much higher than 4.72 million.

We don't know that about Cyberpunk but here is some info about W3

"Another interesting takeaway is that when Witcher 3 was first released the Playstation 4 led the pack in terms of sales with 48% of them (compared to 31% on the PC and 20% on Xbox One). In 2019 the PC is the dominant platform with 53% of the sales and PS4 with 26%. Xbox One has 10% while the Switch has 1%. "

SOURCE

Consoles ( P4 and Xbox combined) only led for the first 2 years the next 3 years PC dominated the combined sales of all consoles together as the sales ratio show

Last edited:
Works just fine on my old standard ps4, sure there are minor issues, but nothing gamebreaking.
Good to hear. I'm on Xbox One X and haven't really had too many issues either. Just seems that most of the complaints are coming from the last gen consoles. Plus all the time they spent porting could've gone towards fixing bugs and finishing content that got cut.

Top Bottom