Should CDPR revive their Cyberpunk Blog?

+
Should CDPR revive their Cyberpunk Blog?

I remember really enjoy reading the articles that were posted there. Mike Pondsmith made a couple good ones talking about what Cyberpunk is really about and why CDPR is the right developer to tackle this game. I also enjoyed the CDPR guys talking about their inspirations for Cyberpunk 2077 (and Wisdom writing 5000 word essays on what he wants from the game in the comments).

Reading all this stuff made me really feel like "wow, these people posting there articles and commenting are all having the same passion for cyberpunk, be it the literary genre, the videogame or the pnp as i do"

Sadly the last update was in january 2014 (!)

So guys, should CDPR revive the Blog and talk more about their Baby? If yes, when do you guys think it'll happen?

http://www.cyberpunk.net/blog/

Forum veteran
I like to think that they've continued updating it, but with the newer posts being private and instead documenting some kind of grand sociological experiment they're conducting on us.

"Day 463:

We've made a crazy person and a reptile—our second to date—moderators. Even for all our blatant maneuvering, the natives suspect nothing of our true intent, proving duller and more pliable than Director Iwinski had originally envisioned. It's because of this that we have great hopes that they will tolerate another year of maddening silence with minimal flareups regardless of any claims to the contrary. We've also begun to surreptitiously spread rumors of the game being an MMO; this has been met with surprising resistance and could in all likelihood be harnessed should circumstances necessitate driving a native to the brink of madness."

So guys, should CDPR revive the Blog and talk more about their Baby? If yes, when do you guys think it'll happen?
Yes to the first, and never to the second.

I'd be surprised if they ever revive it, because it'd mean acknowledging its existence, and to some extent, its long inactivity. Seems more likely that they'll start to release information closer to the game's release date through more conventional channels (like crappy gaming sites) and silently delete the blog at some point once it's redundant, kind of like how Witcher 2 patch pages are now 404s. It'd be nice to be proven wrong, though.

It would be in their best interest to do something instead of having everyone think the game has been scrapped like most do . If you mention cyberpunk to most gamers they will ask "what is that ?" because of the lack of information being released.

No one that pays any attention to things thinks the games been scrapped.
Sure they like to make money as much as anyone else but that's not their sole focus like Electronic Arts. It's never been CDPRs policy to over hype and sensationalize their work. About 6 months before expected release they'll do the standard dog-n-pony stuff but until then don't expect to hear much at all.

I'd really like a continuation of this ( http://www.cyberpunk.net/blog/mechanisms/ ) part of the blog. Easing (or reinforcing) some of my chief concerns about the game. I don't think giving out some general design philosophy of theirs to enlight the process of migrating PnP mechanics into a computer game would really go too far in revealing what is going on. Just a peek behind the curtain from a remote corner.

It's been rather slow following this thing, and I'm sure everyone agrees with that. Not much to talk about that hasn't been talked about several times already.

Aditya

Forum veteran
Sadly they did say they won't speak about anything till 2017.
CDP really means when they say something. :/

I'm in the verge of switching to Shadowrun, so any news about Cyberpunk 2077 (specially the pnp game) would be moooooore than welcome.

I'm in the verge of switching to Shadowrun, so any news about Cyberpunk 2077 (specially the pnp game) would be moooooore than welcome.

"Switching to"? I'm already a fan of Shadowrun. Don't get how you'd switch? The CRPG options are also pretty light right now, unless you haven't played SR Returns, DF and HK. Which of course would be silly, because they are all fun. SRO is okay, but not really great.

I really hope what they say in 2017 is on January 2, that the game will be release later that month. I really don't want this game coming out in 2018 or something.

While the basic concepts are similar the metahumans and magic make them very different games, nothing to "switch to". Enjoy each for what it offers.

I've played Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall, although not the best of games I enjoyed them specially the second.

For the pnp version of SR I haven't run a game since the 2nd edition, even run some really good games, but never get to like the setting. People that know my gaming tastes are surprised to know that ("elves and cyber?, dude that should be kind of your wet dream!").

Right now I'm investing money and time in D&D, X-Wing miniatures game and looking forward to Werewolf the Apocalypse 20th anniversary (besides other hobbies). Don't know if I will have the time/ resources to also support two cyberpunk pnp games. Cyberpunk 2020 has always been my all time fav pnp rpg, but it feels quite out of date, after the disappointment of V3.0 I've been eagerly awaiting for a new edition, but it takes like forever to arrive. Truth is that nowadays the amount of time I can devote to tabletop rpg are limited and I have to choose carefully in what to spend my gaming time. My concern is that if I delve deeper in SR maybe I won't come back to Cyberpunk, which for me would be a pity after all those rewarding years of using that RPG.

I once considered a Cybergeneration variant of Shadowrun, the concept seemed to fit better there then in Cyberpunk.

I'm pretty sure I have read before that they agreed with the fans that their way of approaching the blog was not exactly wrong but that it was started too early.

I'm confident they'll flood the thing with content once the first news about the game start hitting us like bricks.

Does anyone know who "Cyberchef" is by the way?

Top Bottom