Should CP:2077 Have Updates/DLC and or Crossovers?

+

Would you like to see Updates/DLC and or Crossovers to CP:2077?

• Never!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Up dates yes !!!
Free DLC yes , like a cool new gun / jacket / hair style .
Paid DLC like Hearts of Stone, Blood’n Wine yes !!!!!!
Cross over not so much , i don`t want Geralt or other game characters running around in NC . Maybe a little mention of Ciri or if CP2020 characters like Morgan , Alt or Johnny aren`t in the game i would love to stumble onto an Easter Egg about them .

I wanted one that the Ciri appeared running in a alley, but already it was confirmed that it will not appear, but if it has something wanted an expansion equal tw3

There are numerous different directions that 2077 could expand beyond what we've seen. Some of that may end up being included in the full release or in the ways mentioned above. We just don't know.

One area that I would have my fingers crossed for is support within the dynamic class system for options beyond the Solo, Techie and Netrunner archetypes. I don't mean classes themselves but the skills or abilities that support play styles and narratives.

The possibilities of inspiring revolution as a ROCKERBOY, uncovering conspiracies as a MEDIA, infiltrating Militech as a subversive CORPO... these could lead to really exciting stories that don't rely on "go to the place and kill all the things".

I love new content as much as anyone, but REALLY I'd love to see 2077 break free of the Murder Hobo constraints common to nearly every RPG ever made. If they suceed there, CDPR will have a customer for life.

Yes to everything except crossovers.

I dont really want references to pop culture in the game. Or references to anything involving TW3.

Guest 4323944

Free DLC: I don't care, they were clearly cut-content in TW3. It was a good marketing strategy though, it said "we're not like the others".

Expansions (or "big DLC"): only if good quality. I don't care about multiplayer sold as a DLC. Narrative single-player experiences.

Crossovers: CP2077 characters in other games, I don't care. Other games' character in CP2077, god no.

Updates: patches? since I don't believe in a perfect game at launch, yes, please. Further polishing and some adjustments.
I agree with this human .

I'd be curious to hear why not.

What ever their individual merits might be when looked at in isolation, they feel detached and don’t really add anything to the core experience as such.

I’d rather see ”updates” that enhance and build upon that core experience (i.e. PoE 2’s TB mode for one example) as they make me want to come back to the game more than glorified sidequests that have no bearing to the main game.

Updates in the sense of bug fixes etc. : yes.
Small content updates: yes.
DLC as the industry sees it: no.
DLC as in true expansions (HOS, B&W): yes.

Madae

Forum veteran
The only legitimate crossover I can think of (in CDPR terms), and it's one that lots of people have talked about anyway, is Ciri making an appearance in some way, which has some value, imo, as we know she can travel to different worlds, and even talks about a few of them being beyond belief. Now that they have that new Lead Designer from Witcher 3, we might actually see it as an easter egg.

Now that they have that new Lead Designer from Witcher 3, we might actually see it as an easter egg.
Nah the game director (and member of the board of directors @ CD Projekt) Adam Badowski already said it's not gonna happen.

Madae

Forum veteran
Nah the game director (and member of the board of directors @ CD Projekt) Adam Badowski already said it's not gonna happen.

Bummer. Not really disappointed, though. I like Ciri, but I don't care much for easter eggs to begin with.

At one time, we lived in a world where when a game came out, that's what you got.
For popular games, that model is no longer satisfactory to the gaming community at large.
With smaller games, that might still apply, but, for games like CP 2077 if additional content in the form of DLCs and other updates doesn't happen, it's going to leave a whole lot of people wondering what's wrong.
If a modding toolkit is released, then, that wouldn't be so bad as there's many talented people in the modding community that can craft absolutely brilliant additional content, and stories, though typically not on par with what comes from the dev studio as official DLCs.
As such, we look forward to more than just the game as-is. We may not be entirely in the realm of episodic releases, but, that could very well be a direction the industry is heading.

At one time, we lived in a world where when a game came out, that's what you got.
For popular games, that model is no longer satisfactory to the gaming community at large.
With smaller games, that might still apply, but, for games like CP 2077 if additional content in the form of DLCs and other updates doesn't happen, it's going to leave a whole lot of people wondering what's wrong.
If a modding toolkit is released, then, that wouldn't be so bad as there's many talented people in the modding community that can craft absolutely brilliant additional content, and stories, though typically not on par with what comes from the dev studio as official DLCs.
As such, we look forward to more than just the game as-is. We may not be entirely in the realm of episodic releases, but, that could very well be a direction the industry is heading.
Where are you getting these ideas?

People were perfectly happy with Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and dozens of other modern games as they were on release. Ecstatic, even.

Episodic releases have not proven as effective as some think. Telltale has sunk (granted, there were other reasons for that) and the Hitman team ditched the episodic model entirely after one game.

I think it should have post launch DLCs, I want this game to have a bit of post launch content so that we can see new things and new areas that would not did not fit the base game.

Where are you getting these ideas?

People were perfectly happy with Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and dozens of other modern games as they were on release. Ecstatic, even.

Episodic releases have not proven as effective as some think. Telltale has sunk (granted, there were other reasons for that) and the Hitman team ditched the episodic model entirely after one game.

I don't know. Maybe the survey results might, maybe, perhaps, be a small indicator regarding the social paradigm of gaming community expectations these days? Hmmm. I wonder where else I could get these totally crazy far-out revolutionary ideas ... as if Skyrim, TW3, and Fallout 4, among MANY other games never ever forever released DLCs, and/or a modding toolkit.
... oh, wait, they did. :)

I don't know. Maybe the survey results might, maybe, perhaps, be a small indicator regarding the social paradigm of gaming community expectations these days? Hmmm. I wonder where else I could get these totally crazy far-out revolutionary ideas ... as if Skyrim, TW3, and Fallout 4, among MANY other games never ever forever released DLCs, and/or a modding toolkit.
... oh, wait, they did. :)

No need for the sarcasm. You were acting as if DLCs are necessary for a game. They aren't. Games sell just fine on their own.

If you're saying DLCs are successful, and people like them, sure.

I was also expressing my doubt with the sentiment that episodic content is the way of the future, because I don't think it is (it's actually quite rare to see).

I was also expressing my doubt with the sentiment that episodic content is the way of the future, because I don't think it is (it's actually quite rare to see).
It's really a matter of how the publisher goes about it.

Is the original game intentionally incomplete? If so then DLCs make you feel like you've been cheated and they only want more money. This is a VERY bad route to go. DLCs should be like those in Witcher 3, additions or expansions to a game that in no way feel mandatory.

Episodic content is great, if done well. Dragons Age: Origins had several episodes and each built off the original game but in no way felt necessary.

Only speaking for myself here . As an older gamer i would never pay for DLC. Of the games mentioned DAO didn`t buy it but loved the game, same with Skyrim and fallout 4 . I did buy TW3 DLC`s and loved them maybe the gaming companies are finally getting to me or B&W and HOS were so good i have changed my mind .

Hey,
the more I see about CP77, the more I think that it is gonna be industry breaker once again, after Witcher 3.

The hunger and curiosity are here and I wonder how much CDPR can make out of it.

I like how they adopted somewhat controversial, 18+ rated, rather black than in shades of a grey franchise and will make SHINE. Ba dum ts.

I am really interested in how they manage the diversity of the world, its events, and quests.
In the gameplay demo, we have seen soulful characters, technology, some shooting, choices, and stuff...
In the trailer, there was a spaceship, some meeting with one of the members getting his head fried,...
Seems kinda organic an interesting to me...
I wonder about these situations, their importance and how they are set, fluent and touching in the game :)

I am really interested in how they manage the diversity of the world <clip>
The best way to handle diversity is to include a variety of people but don't go out of your way to draw any special attention to them, they're people, no more, no less. This whole modern virtue signaling thing is annoying as hell.

In the trailer, there was a spaceship, some meeting with one of the members getting his head fried,...
I wonder about these situations, their importance and how they are set, fluent and touching in the game :)
We also saw what was apparently an Arasaka exec get their brain fried in a boardroom followed by what was apparently a runner unplugging from the net.

While, unlike many, I don't assume the space-plane means we'll be going into space ourselves (just like seeing the Arasaka boardroom doesn't mean we'll be visiting it) the fact that we saw two people brain-fried implies we are going to be somehow involved with investigating/stopping it.

Top Bottom