Should CP:2077 Have Updates/DLC and or Crossovers?

+

Would you like to see Updates/DLC and or Crossovers to CP:2077?

• Never!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is a topic I haven't really seen due to this being a single player game at the moment. I want to see what the community and CD: Project Red think about this.

I'm confused by your question a bit because I'm not 100% sure what you mean by crossovers, but CDPR has already spoken on DLC's and Expansions a bit if I take your meaning correctly.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM

Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077, will be 100% DRM-free on PC.
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17447066/cyberpunk-2077-trailer-hidden-text

So there will likely be free DLC, and paid-for expansions. I seriously doubt there will be crossovers anytime soon, though I suppose something similar to Geralt in Soul Caliber VI could be possible eventually.

I'm voting other, because I want DLC and Expansion, but don't care about Crossovers at all if you mean CP2077 stuff going over to other IPs.

I'm confused by your question a bit because I'm not 100% sure what you mean by crossovers, but CDPR has already spoken on DLC's and Expansions a bit if I take your meaning correctly.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17447066/cyberpunk-2077-trailer-hidden-text

So there will likely be free DLC, and paid-for expansions. I seriously doubt there will be crossovers anytime soon, though I suppose something similar to Geralt in Soul Caliber VI could be possible eventually.

I'm voting other, because I want DLC and Expansion, but don't care about Crossovers at all if you mean CP2077 stuff going over to other IPs.
No I just meant things coming over to this game. I guess it could be CP:2077 crossing into other games too.

Honestly going through the lore books, the possibilities are endless for this. There are so many stories to tell and so much diversity and content available its crazy, i feel like we get a couple of dlcs/expansions without them burning on the creative side of things. Wouldn't new class abilities be amazing in an expansion? Sounds so cool

Free DLC: I don't care, they were clearly cut-content in TW3. It was a good marketing strategy though, it said "we're not like the others".

Expansions (or "big DLC"): only if good quality. I don't care about multiplayer sold as a DLC. Narrative single-player experiences.

Crossovers: CP2077 characters in other games, I don't care. Other games' character in CP2077, god no.

Updates: patches? since I don't believe in a perfect game at launch, yes, please. Further polishing and some adjustments.

Updates. Why on Earth anyone would like not to have them. Games are not made perfect, they need tweaks and polishing even after the release.
DLCs. Yes. Small freebies and some two big DLC. Think Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine.
Crossovers. Fortnite characters or something like that? Fuck no.
There's an official crossover thing between CP2020 and World of Darkness, called Alternate Reality. Official on CP2020 side, not necesarilly on WoD side. It brings vampires, ghosts and werewolves into existing CP2020 universe. And does it right. There're more books to that setting thet are far better in terms of storytelling and world building than most original CP2020 books that, I must say that (although my hearts pains me), are half assedly written, badly edited and each next book contradicting all the previous. Bloody, yet lovely mess. But I missed my point. Alternate Reality - damn good setting. Vampire Bloodlines deserves a new game. One plus two equals why not. But only as a third, full scaled DLC with different story altogether.

Yeah, why not? Not really a downside to DLC or post-launch updates (free or paid). I'll happily lose a few months of time spent on a potential sequel if it means more content for a game that already looks pretty darn good.

Like Rawls, I dunno what you mean by crossover, even with your explanation. Content coming in from other games? Do you literally just mean reference, or other characters appearing and interacting with the player through the story and such?

As much as the CDPR community hates this, it is possible that Ciri might get a brief appearance. I believe one dev said they didn't want to, but that was just one person and things could change. We will see.

Updates, of course. The evil bugs always show up. Free expansions / DLC, sure but I would also pay the bucks for some DLC that expand or add to the story much like in TW3. Crossovers? I'm not to crazy about that one, should I see Geralt walking down a street looking confused, that would be worth a good laugh. But, if I see a my little pony show up, I'm done! Just sayin...

There's no way there won't be updates, and there's no way they won't be needed (like was already said, no game is perfect at release). DLCs and expansion they've said will be similar to Witcher 3's, and that is a good system IMO.

Crossovers I don't care about, or really want -- unless you mean easter eggs.

But, if I see a my little pony show up, I'm done! Just sayin...
What if it's a pony with cyberware that (almost) makes it look like it belongs in the world? I would love to see that, personally. :cool:
(I get your point, just couldn't resist commenting on it. :) )

There's no way there won't be updates, and there's no way they won't be needed (like was already said, no game is perfect at release). DLCs and expansion they've said will be similar to Witcher 3's, and that is a good system IMO.

Crossovers I don't care about, or really want -- unless you mean easter eggs.

What if it's a pony with cyberware that (almost) makes it look like it belongs in the world? I would love to see that, personally. :cool:
(I get your point, just couldn't resist commenting on it. :) )

Yeah, there's always gotta be one out there, right? :) LOL!

Updates yes. DLC’s...? No, preferably not. Not in the sense of smaller isolated stories within their special bubbles like Hearts of Stone, Blood’n Wine or the like.

Yeah there should updates and dlcs expanding the map or updating/changing the way it looks so the Night city you play when you bought the game is different to the Night city two years down the line.

Also they should add more activities, features, weapons, vehicles and clothing with new updates and dlc.

Crossovers would be amazing look at Mario rabbis. Crossover do so well how cool would it be to see Arthur Morgan or scorpion, geralt even maybe even Link.

Yeah there should updates and dlcs expanding the map or updating/changing the way it looks so the Night city you play when you bought the game is different to the Night city two years down the line.

Also they should add more activities, features, weapons, vehicles and clothing with new updates and dlc.

Crossovers would be amazing look at Mario rabbis. Crossover do so well how cool would it be to see Arthur Morgan or scorpion, geralt even maybe even Link.
Crossovers work best in less-serious franchises.

Guest 3847602

Depends on what kind of DLC it is.
What I want: DLC that is a self-contained experience that can be played both before and after the ending of the base game, whenever I see fit.
What I don't want is:
1) An ending DLC
2) DLC that retroactively becomes a part of the main story, like in Assassin's Creed 2 or Deus Ex: HR Directors Cut, because it ruins the pacing

Top Bottom