Should Gwent Tracker be patched to everyone?

+

• Total voters

In case you don't know what Tracker is you can read about it here http://www.gwent-tracker.com/
CDPR replied to question is it banable with this answer:

"Using this, or any other deck trackers, is not against our Terms of Use. However, since this is a 3rd party software, we do not officially support it, as it may have some undesired effects on the game.

TL;DR Using it won't get you banned, but you're using it at your own risk."

I have 2 reasons why I would like it to become officialy part of the game.
1. I'm sure that not everyone want to risk game stability etc with 3rd party software. I personally wont download it for that reason.
2. It is only available for PC so if there will be cross-play it might give some disadvantage to console users.

Last edited:
I have never used a tracker..even threw out the entire closed beta.
I feel I do pretty well without it.

​​​​​​Do I consider it cheating ?

Well I don't know..

Don't change the fact that it's not part of the official game ..therefore if the Reds don't add it to the game,it's not needed.

So final answer ..

C. I don't know

Last edited:
I don't think anyone will dispute the suggestion to have GwentTracker's functionality added to the base game. On top of that, once it's 'official', players who think GwentTracker is cheating, will also lose their ground. It really comes down to how far CDPR is willing to go with facilitating players and how big of a priority it is.

I don't see what the big deal is because you could just do the same thing with a pad and pen, but having the software makes it more practical, by no means should it be excluded.

Honestly looks like something the devs could put into the game themselves. As it is using game data to work. If I were a dev I would be very worried about outside programs reading my program. It's not a big step to manipulation of the data/code from there. Still it is run through a server that syncs data. So the something along the line of outright manipulation is limited and traceable. At least I think so, but what do I Know.
:comeatmebro:

To be honest, I have always spoken ill of it, and never ever used it for all CB.

The problem is, if you want to play in the ladder you have no chance but to use it or the enemies will have a huge advantage.
I gained something 500 MMR just starting using it, playing competitive without it is a source of great frustration.
And now that I'm using it, I lost the right to criticize it.

I'd rather see it gone, entirely, I don't think the game was designed with a stat tracker in mind.
But as long as some players use it, everyone will have to.

I think CDPR must make an official choice (sooner or later) about the issue...they should either incorporate tracking in the base game or ban it entirely.

not every one is smart anought to remmember things, so for those people those kind of tolls are preety much must have.
i voted "i dont know" becouse of slow people should be teaken care of...

ps. ima using it LOL

I dont know if they will include the tracker ingame (probably no), but several things that are currently on the trackers that will, and by all mean should, be included are the base strength and banished cards. There are players that use trackers just for those information.

PackingMoney;n8902990 said:
I don't see what the big deal is because you could just do the same thing with a pad and pen, but having the software makes it more practical, by no means should it be excluded.
Exactly, each one can do some work for it and dont use a software for it. So it shouldnt be tolerated by CDRed. Implement the features they want to have and abandon all the other stuff.

Suggestion for console trackers.

A simple solution for a card tracker for Consoles, being able to look at your deck but in a random order. Shouldnt be that hard to add into the game. Shouldnt have to add a whole new program into the game or anything of the sort. Just be able to look into your deck just like you can look into a graveyard.

PackingMoney;n8902990 said:

Would the majority of us do that if there were no deck trackers around? Probably not. We could, but we wouldn't.
So, it's cheating, in a sense. Every game is made of certain features, and trackers were not intentionally built by the devs, it was the people who felt the need for them and created them in order to facillitate thinking process during games and to save time. I'd say roll with whatever tools are available to you in game, and ban the rest.
I'm not a hard supporter of this opinion, I'm slightly leaning towards it, it's a tough subject.

TheShift;n8902740 said:
I have never used a tracker..even threw out the entire closed beta.
I feel I do pretty well without it.

​​​​​​Do I consider it cheating ?

Well I don't know..
it's like do I consider a slow person retarded..maybe
Don't change the fact that it's not part of the official game ..therefore if the Reds don't add it to the game,it's not needed.

So final answer ..

C. I don't know

Im with you with that.What happened to us regulars that have to use all the precious seconds to think and calculate the point difference of each card combo ?

Last edited:
I had a look at it and I feel like it should be included in the base game, from what I heard this created an unfair disadvantage for console players.

Tho honestly, the only three important feature that actually affect the game play is:
1.Show what opponent and yourself played (which actually can be seen in orginal game on the left side window)
2.Show the base strength of cards (which I think should be included in the original game)
3.Show what cards you have left (which can also be included in game, tho when you view the deck, the order of deck should not be in order)

Overall it does not provide huge advantage in pro games since people usually know the base strength and what they have left, but still, no harm in providing to everyone

I don't know but I think cdpr is surely working on it & at final release we all going to get these tracker features like we got social features now.

In- Game Deck Tracker for everyone

It is only minor in significance since there are third party programs to achieve the effect and a huge effort for CDPR in regard of time consumption and expense in comparison to that, but i still think a Deck Tracker could be a great idea. I also don't know if this was already suggested.

Deck Trackers are not necessary to play good or even play at all, but they give you an edge in regard of your game plan and sometimes it helps to know whats left in the deck without ending up on the rope. Consider draw heavy decks or even First Light:Rally. What could you get? Would it be useful or would you draw an Emissary on an empty board for 100%?
Third party programs are a soultion, it would only be nice to have it for everyone without extra effort (in this case the player, not the developer).

You could maybe have it as an overlay like existing trackers with the options to toggle it off and hide it during a match with button.

Top Bottom