Should Gwent Tracker be patched to everyone?

+

Should Gwent Tracker be patched to everyone?

• Total voters
It should either be removed for everyone or added to everyone.

Knowing which cards you still have in your deck is great, especially when you play a thinning deck, like spies. And while you can get pretty good at counting cards, there's one thing that the tracker is really good for. Seeing base strength of all cards. In a game where cards get buffed, nerfed and added it's a very useful thing, since keeping track of everything can get a bit confusing.

At the very least add some of its features, like showing cards' base strength.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9605101 said:
It should either be removed for everyone or added to everyone.

Idealistically? Yes.
Realistically? Maybe in the future.

Gwent Tracker cannot be removed nor prevented because it only reads from the local client, without modifying critical game files. There is simply no reliable way to detect this. Instead, let's just hope that CDPR adds tracking in the future.

RickMelethron;n9605201 said:
why do people use the option "i dont know" instead of something relevant?

Can't speak for other people, but in my case it was because I really don't know. I don't trust the app (it's not entirely reliable, as has been proven many times in various streams), and nor do I need deck trackers. But on the other hand it couldn't hurt to have an official version available for everyone - as long as it'd be toggleable.

So yeah, I don't know.
:huh:

One of many reasons LoL becomes popular is that it does not create much "burden of memory", Gwent is already complicated, involves lots of calculation within short rope and probably will become even harder to track cards in the future with more mechanic added.

I understand that trying hard is also a beauty of gwent but even pro gamers have to use papers to track cards in tournament, that means necessarily a tracking app is not a cheating tools, but more like something that save us writing, papers, ... This may be a good feature to make Gwent more attractive to casual players, not everyone would like to make something big.

There are more things in Gwent that makes it challenging like deck building, prediction, interaction, ... Most of the time tracking cards on your own is like "burden of memory".

So personally my opinion is tracking app should be a feature in game, but only in casual or ladder, and toggleable. Disabling it in tournament is OK.

Don't use it personally. Still, I don't object to those who do. I know I am bright enough not to need it. (I.e. I can keep track of what has been played in my head and have a fast enough mental arithmetic to do those important calculations.)

I also feel the "burden of memory," is part of the strategy of playing. It makes the game more challenging. It adds another dimension. That said I can see why the muggles might need it... :smile:

If this game become s an esport trackers should be banned from all tournaments.

Last edited:
I use tracker, but I rarely look at the cards left, since I've been playing similar decks for so long that I have they fixed in my memory. The main reason I run the tracker is to have a database of my matches so I can see how well each deck performs against each faction. If they implement such a feature so that we can see our statistics in detail for each deck we have, I would easily drop the tracker.

Also showing the base strength of a unit when you mouse over it should be an in game feature IMO.

Last edited:
NO!

As old school player, I am against using third party software which will affect gameplay of competitive multiplayer game. I will not stop other using it so please do not force it on us as well.

I think that they should add the ability to see the base power of the unit (GwentTracker does when you hover over a unit)
For example, they have a 1 point morkvarg, which is damaged, and you want to know with how many points he will return. Or you might want to reset a boosted enemy unit.

Would You add function to check what cards left in your deck?

Because you need or good conditions to remember what cards you played (and sometimes people are just tired or disturbed)
Or pen and paper... Srsly?

It can help... It's usefull function...

Why ignore it?

Are you making a suggestion (as far as I recall a function like that has been suggested a few times) or do you want to discuss preferences in that matter?

I don't use GwentTracker (because I play on PS4 mainly), and I know that it holds me back on games. Lack of having It just does. The utility that GwentTracker provides is invaluable. And no pen and paper idea will replace it. That's precisely WHY people use it - because it displays information quickly and yields an advantage. Using the argument that pen and paper can duplicate what Gwent Tracker does is like comparing riding your bike to riding a bullet train in Japan. Sure, the bike can get you there, but with much effort and a lot of time consumed. In the world of Gwent, time is not something to be squandered.

The main issue is that CDPR can't really ban it. If they asked the creator of GwentTracker to cease, he probably would. But someone else would rise up that isn't as cooperative. There's Gwent bots out right now, and I don't think they have CDPR's blessing to bot the game. But what can they honestly do about it? Not really much.

It's a sad world we live in.

Strategy is built upon information. Trackers let you have easy access to information which you actually should know but don't have easy access to while in game. Do I consider it cheating? Hell no. Which is also why the devs allowed it and don't ban players who use it. Does it give you a big advantage over someone who doesn't use it? Yes, if your opponent doesn't note or write down the details of his/her cards and of the cards your using (seriously though, who would bother writing it down and make notes?). So yes, I believe features of the tracker should be implemented in the game officially in order to even out the playing field.

This poll doesn't seem to match the comments in this topic.
From what i see here it's mostly 2 camps, one that thinks it should be available to everyone and another who thinks it shouldn't exist (which is not on the poll). I don't see anyone arguing for it being only a 3rd party option.

Imo there are also some technical benefits if CDPR makes it part of the game, like not having to worry about updates or less buggy/better optimized.

I voted for it being a 3rd party option. I don't have anything against the effect existing, but I don't want it for me, because keeping track of all these things myself is part of the fun for me. So if qwent tracker was included, I would loose a lot of fun playing the game.

FG15-ISH7EG;n9725661 said:
I voted for it being a 3rd party option. I don't have anything against the effect existing, but I don't want it for me, because keeping track of all these things myself is part of the fun for me. So if qwent tracker was included, I would loose a lot of fun playing the game.

But nobody asked to be mandatory, as any feature, just like you can mute emotes, there would be an option to "turn tracker off". Even the 3rd party ones have this, to not show deck and cards played, you could only use it to record your win/loss rate.

Jigzter;n9723961 said:
Strategy is built upon information. Trackers let you have easy access to information which you actually should know but don't have easy access to while in game. Do I consider it cheating? Hell no. Which is also why the devs allowed it and don't ban players who use it. Does it give you a big advantage over someone who doesn't use it? Yes, if your opponent doesn't note or write down the details of his/her cards and of the cards your using (seriously though, who would bother writing it down and make notes?). So yes, I believe features of the tracker should be implemented in the game officially in order to even out the playing field.
You reasoning is flawed. They don't ban it because they can't. It's an important distinction.

There's no technical method to banning Gwent Tracker. It's a 3rd party utility that doesn't interact with the memory of Gwent. They could ask the maker to take it down, and he'd probably comply. But someone else would simply make another that didn't comply.

Top Bottom