Should I abandon this game for good?

+
Should I abandon this game for good?

Sorry to said negative things,
But two last day, something happen to me.
I have 3 first light and Scorch then Geralt Igni.

Every time I have a match with Monster weather then I don't have any first light but Geralt Igni even I use 5 redraw in game.
Every time I have a match with huge point tempo deck as NR, ST and NG, then I don't have any Scorch or Geralt Igni and it was stay in one of 6 or 8 card left in deck.

For example how I unlucky is in one match, last round I lead from my opponent about 15 point while him only have one card.
And it's Emissary, he run out 3 Vicovaro Novice with that then finish with Nauzicaa Brigade for total 18 point and he win me.

And many case like that for me feel like I am unluckiest in this world. I can't believe that I lost 300 mmr for a few hour because these stupid things. I don't know should I stopped to play this game or not. Maybe I don't good at this game when I never get lucky in life.

kaalev

Forum regular
What faction are you playing?

And yes, vicovaro novices need to have their strength nerfed to 1 point. It's getting annoying how NG is able to pull out so much strength and deck thinning with a single bronze card.

I know I am burning out personally - can only play a slightly altered starter deck for so long. In any other CCG aside from HS I'd more or less have a potent competitive deck by now (or two). Gwent is a longgg slog. I have just been spoiled in other CCGs I guess! Such a fun game but personally I am finding it a bit of burnout playing subpar beginner decks for so long.

jamai36 Yes, agree with you. We need many days in progress to enough scrap for one normal legendary card. And very limit daily reward only for 3 or 4 kegs in day. Usually 30 scrap per kegs (4 common and 1 rare).

DEERCG;n8757480 said:
Sorry to said negative things,
But two last day, something happen to me.
I have 3 first light and Scorch then Geralt Igni.

Every time I have a match with Monster weather then I don't have any first light but Geralt Igni even I use 5 redraw in game.
Every time I have a match with huge point tempo deck as NR, ST and NG, then I don't have any Scorch or Geralt Igni and it was stay in one of 6 or 8 card left in deck.

For example how I unlucky is in one match, last round I lead from my opponent about 15 point while him only have one card.
And it's Emissary, he run out 3 Vicovaro Novice with that then finish with Nauzicaa Brigade for total 18 point and he win me.

And many case like that for me feel like I am unluckiest in this world. I can't believe that I lost 300 mmr for a few hour because these stupid things. I don't know should I stopped to play this game or not. Maybe I don't good at this game when I never get lucky in life.

This is Beta, things will change alot.
If you have bad luck why not play a deck based on deck thinning?

I remember i had 2 weeks of constant losses in Hearthstone due to horrible luck.

DEERCG;n8757600 said:
I playing Monster right now.

You not that guy that keeps freezing my Morarg/hunter combo so that my hunter is like a 20+ and then getting upset because you didn't draw caretaker are you? I keep owning weather decks with this combo. It's sick.

i got around 60kegs from transition to open beta, had insane ratio with legendaries around 10, still im not able to make competitive decks, 3/4 of golden just plainly sucks or they require additional epics so you can even make them work (iorveth, xanthasius etc), getting max 3 kegs a day seemed very generous to the point of being absurdly easy to gain collection, boy i was wrong, even with my huge start ahead and relatively shitty golden cards (priscila, xanthasius, that guy skellige that kills every unit with 2 than less strenght, basically any NR golden is crap), im still so behind its not nice, crafted RNR and Tibor just because how insane those cards now (and golden weather just fits any decks, thats how insane they are), the rarity changed crippled the game a lot with only benefit that silver cards are no longer legendary

in short, it wont get better, so if youre not having fun, stop playing, i still get excited when i get cards for new deck type just to be crushed again by removals in this game, oh ye ST is even more cancer than before

DEERCG;n8757960 said:
zhiphius I tried many deck, but still no luck then.

By the way, here's a proof.

i can relate, i generally try to come up with my own decks, some weird stuff granted, but i do play casual.
Today i had the worst experience, as i run gwent tracker i can see the MMR etc of my opponents.

i kept meeting ladder decks, kayran, calveit, etc. And i kept meeting players with 1000 more mmr than i had. I know mmr is counted differently between ladder and casual, but as a player who just want to enjoy the game dabbling in deck creation it's quite frustrating to meet ladder decks in casual. Shamefur dispray to those people tbh.

So it ended up with me being happy if i won a single round >.< it went a bit better when i started playing my weird ambush special ST deck (i run friggin sapper of all cards.....it's a 6 str card with no effects). And i did have fun doing so. But still, meeting those people who play casual with the top deck of their faction leaves a very bitter taste, worst off is that they often don't GG when they loose >.>

That said, i dont mind being on the loosing side when running self created decks (i do so love experimenting and creating) but there's a limit to crap i am able to take. Really, to anyone who run top decks in frikkin casual: SHAMEFUR DISPRAY! (as the good ol generals said in TW: Shogun 2 :p)

Edit: its worth mentioning that MMR and matchmaking in general hasn't been properly worked on yet.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
DEERCG Dont let a bad luck streak affect you, it will eventually end.

A few days ago, for 2 whole days i lost and lost in so many different ways - either because the opponent had the perfect counter for the deck i was using, or because i was winning but decided to use my Gaunter gamble and ended up giving a card to the other player that lead him to win, or because of one of the many bugs still has at this phase, or even when i was clearly going to win... and lost connection!

I started to question if i should insist playing. I just started playing with new decks and not worry so much about winning or losing and sure enough, i started winning again. Also, i cant complain because im having amazing luck with my kegs, im getting a Legendary every 2-3 days.

DRK3

Forum veteran
DEERCG;n8759360 said:
I'm not lucky as you. Almost bronze with kegs.

Still, you dont need Legendaries to win at this point. Most Legendaries i got are kinda terrible, only the ones i crafted (Ciri, Drought and Avallach) im happy with them.

You said you were running a consume deck right? I got one too, and its the bronze units that matter there:

Harpies eggs. Those things are amazing. i have 2 harpies in my deck plus decoy, to use on harpy and have 2 more eggs on field. Eat them with those resilient vampires for a decent value that sticks to next round. Or eat 3 with Unseen Lord for protected high Gold points. And for every egg eaten, you get a 3 point harpy. Add an Arachas Behemoth before you eat the eggs and you get 1 more 3 point Arachas for every egg eaten. Be careful with weather though, frost destroys those eggs instantly.

This can all be done with Leader, Decoy and 5-6 bronze units. Good luck

DRK3;n8759550 said:
Be careful with weather though, frost destroys those eggs instantly.

All decks today always have weather cards. And well, my opponents usually draw that cards... Bad luck for me always.

And big problem is we can't catch up huge point ST, NR and NG just with these eggs. Game need some change to balance.

I don't have enough card to scrap other deck while I focus on Monster.

I hope I have Tibor and RNR, but I don't want to mill another so I don't have enough scrap to craft.

Anyway, I don't rely on kegs too. Not luck at all.

zhiphius;n8758640 said:
i can relate, i generally try to come up with my own decks, some weird stuff granted, but i do play casual.
Today i had the worst experience, as i run gwent tracker i can see the MMR etc of my opponents.

i kept meeting ladder decks, kayran, calveit, etc. And i kept meeting players with 1000 more mmr than i had. I know mmr is counted differently between ladder and casual, but as a player who just want to enjoy the game dabbling in deck creation it's quite frustrating to meet ladder decks in casual. Shamefur dispray to those people tbh.

So it ended up with me being happy if i won a single round >.< it went a bit better when i started playing my weird ambush special ST deck (i run friggin sapper of all cards.....it's a 6 str card with no effects). And i did have fun doing so. But still, meeting those people who play casual with the top deck of their faction leaves a very bitter taste, worst off is that they often don't GG when they loose >.>

That said, i dont mind being on the loosing side when running self created decks (i do so love experimenting and creating) but there's a limit to crap i am able to take. Really, to anyone who run top decks in frikkin casual: SHAMEFUR DISPRAY! (as the good ol generals said in TW: Shogun 2 :p)

Edit: its worth mentioning that MMR and matchmaking in general hasn't been properly worked on yet.

sorry, but its your own fault, why do you run igni and scorch in first place? why exactly those cards are there? i guess igni is more versatile, but scorch as consume? (unless you have no cards) the game changed a lot from what i see, against ST specials which seems to take over the ladder now, these cards suck, every deck is running weather and I do mean every!

Yeah, igni is not that good of a card on the current meta. Even against full buff decks like NG brigades or dwarfs, you can have a much better cost/effective card on shrooms with similar effect.

If you are loosing a lot, maybe you are using the wrong cards.

Top Bottom