Should i build a pc or play on ps4 pro?

+
Should i build a pc or play on ps4 pro?

Ok so the thing is i cant afford both a pc and a ps so i have to chose
Obviously if i chose pc i will have better graphics and framerate
But there are so many good exclusives on ps i dont wanna give them up like horizon zero dawn , god of war , days gone
i hope cdpr would use the power of ps4pro
i played the witcher series and i loved all 3 games witcher 3 is my favourite game of all time and i wanna have the same experience with cyberpunk 2077

Build a pc. I did it first time (for the Witcher III actually)...it's sort of fun and you learn a lot about tech along the way.

Take it slowly and depending on where you're from, look on great offers from respectable stores...starting with the case, psu, ( longest lasting components), HDD/SDD, motherboard+ cpu+RAM, GPU in that order.

With consoles you get ( some pretty great) exclusives, but with PC you also have mods+ton of great and cheap games you can grab on Gog/Steam.

Hard call actually, and eventually I will move the inevitable hundred posts like this into their own thread.

Normally, I go with PC. Looks better, has mods galore. Preferred interface.

But it costs more. And unlikely mods will be a thing. If you're comfortable with controllers, interface probably fine.

On the other hand, -both- platforms are now subject to bugs and at least on PC, users can try workarounds.

Not going to be an easy call.

Wait for a month before release before you decide.

iCake

Forum veteran
PC all the way, I've been a console player for 6 years now and got fed up with console limitations. Developers didn't deliver smooth framerate, which is, unfortunately, not at all a rare thing these days? Didn't bother fixing bugs? Put in graphics effects you don't quite like? Made obnoxiously narrow FoV, even for a TV?... Well, you can't do anything about that on a console, on PC you might just have a way out, so to speak. :)

Going to build a good gaming rig by the end of the year myself. Also never fully adjusted to aiming on a controller, I can still hit things but it still feels somewhat of a crutch. Mouse is so much better, at least for me.

Anyway, if you have this kind of money, then you could just get a PS4 (Pro) exclusively for its exclusives along with a gaming PC ;) Nice overkill that would be.

I would say go for PC. Now keyboard and mouse I would say go either way. I feel really comfortable using a controller imho.

Another great thing about a PC is it's upgradable.
About the only original parts in the one I currently use are the case and power supply. Over time I've upgraded the motherboard, added RAM, much better graphics card, replaced the primary hard drive with an SSD, gotten a larger/faster second hard drive. Yeah if I'd done all that at once why not buy a new PC, but this has been over the course of about 4 years so there was never a major expense.

The question is on the budget. You said you can afford only a PS Pro or a PC at once, that'll mean you have a 400$ to spare then?

Atari 2600 all the way.
Oooooo a POWER user !
My first PC was an Atari 800 with 32K of RAM (and that was massive because normally they only came with 16K) and cassette tape storage because at the time a floppy disc drive cost almost as much as the PC.

Last edited:
Always PC.
Consoles are there for when you have your uber gaming PC and want to have something else to do when you have 500 PC games and don't know which to play. :p

For me, it really depends on the budget. I'm a console gamer, not a PC gamer due to how expensive PC gaming can get. Parts are expensive for a gaming rig/PC, so keep that in mind.

You can buy a decent PC for gaming for about the same price as a console if you do it right.
Honestly, the whole "PC is too expensive" went out the window when they started charging $300 for a console. :p

well here is the thing if i play this game on pc there is no use to play it at medium settings so an expensive pc is needed for ultra otherwise its not worth it
if on ps pro the graphics will be like high settings on pc i will definetly play on ps
i was a pc gamer until 2014 when i bought the ps4 and i realy loved the exclusives
there is a big list of upcoming exclusives for ps and i dont wanna miss them
i need to see how the ps version looks compared to pc and it wont be too soon

---------- Updated at 11:49 AM ----------

The question is on the budget. You said you can afford only a PS Pro or a PC at once, that'll mean you have a 400$ to spare then?

if i have to i will build a high end pc but i cant buy the pc and the ps4 pro
i sold my ps4 for 150 dollars so now i have 1150 dollars
if i buy a ps4 pro i will have 750 for a pc left and thats not enough

If the exclusives are what interest you then go console.
But let's face it, making games exclusive to one console or another is merely a tactic to sell that brand of console because without the exclusives at the current price of consoles their sales would take a nose dive as the flexibility of a PC would steal a sizeable piece of the market.

Top Bottom