Should i craft Avallac'h for my deck?

+
Should i craft Avallac'h for my deck?

I'm currently trying a weather monster deck
I currently don't own Avallac'h and i wonder if i should craft it to replace one of the golden i currently run, and if yes which one.

Lim3zer0;n8086890 said:
Caretaker, while good, IMO is not as good as Avallac'h

It depends on your deck and that of the opponents. Avallac'h might be better for a weather deck, to have the last card, in order to crush the opponent with a weather card, without any possible counter. But that doesn't always wins you the match. Caretaker can be devastating as well. It's just that stealing a card from the opponent might not synergise as good when there is weather on the board.

Lim3zer0;n8086890 said:
I'd probably swap out either caretaker, or ragh nar roog.
You already have quite a bit of weather anyway.
Caretaker, while good, IMO is not as good as Avallac'h

For everybody else, this is the deck: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/14749-dagon-weather-spam

I would keep caretaker. one of my favorite combos is Avallac'h, Dim. Shacks on Avallac'h, then on the next round caretaker on Avallac'h. (unless I'm playing against SK, of course)

But yeah, I'd craft Avallac'h, and replace either Rag Bar Roog or Caranthir.

4RM3D;n8087060 said:
It depends on your deck and that of the opponents. Avallac'h might be better for a weather deck, to have the last card, in order to crush the opponent with a weather card, without any possible counter. But that doesn't always wins you the match. Caretaker can be devastating as well. It's just that stealing a card from the opponent might not synergise as good when there is weather on the board.

this. my experience is that in the current Meta Avallach is > Caretaker most of the time as there just isn't so many supergreat cards to steal in the most prevalent decks with maybe the exception of olgierd.
In a weather deck it's however a clear cut choice - Caretaker is even more limited in what he can pull because of the fact, that you end up in many cases with a 1pt unit vs of weathering it.
Avallach's CA is much more consistently with weather to provide the last card - especially if you are unlucky and have to start first in r1.

ArianeGrosmont;n8092250 said:
I would keep caretaker. one of my favorite combos is Avallac'h, Dim. Shacks on Avallac'h, then on the next round caretaker on Avallac'h. (unless I'm playing against SK, of course)

A fun move, but while giving you lots of CA (if played properly and asuming you are passing the round with first AV play - up to 3 cards, it comes at the cost of not doing much for your points. So aren't you losing the CA mostly again while trying to pick up the pace? I mean if that's your opening move in r1 might work out eventually, but then you are kinda not able to play crones or not - i.e. wasting them into a hard to win round?

In that sceanrio RNR is actually a good card to keep - as it is an "I win" card by itself - and you get the benefit of weathing the silver Avallach?

deck is okay, but maybe a bit heavy on the weather cards and you don't need 2 lacerates - wheather is your main source of dmg. I assume you loose games more often than not, because you don't have enough power on the board despite weather?

Superpueppi;n8112640 said:
deck is okay, but maybe a bit heavy on the weather cards and you don't need 2 lacerates - wheather is your main source of dmg. I assume you loose games more often than not, because you don't have enough power on the board despite weather?
I'm 10-6 atm, still testing things out.

DMaster2;n8112780 said:
I'm 10-6 atm, still testing things out.

I've tried Caretaker but as another poster said, pulling a non weather immune card has it's draw backs. Avallac'h gives a nice CA in R2 or R3 so is better imo.

not perfect but this deck works for me... no foglets

far too many times bad RNG has given me too many riders/foglets to mulligan and if you don't play them R1 they will show up for R2 card draw.
the deck will change after the next patch (dropping Yen-con) and could argue there's too many special cards but it does well against most of the decks I've seen.

edit: made a few changes to get ahead of the patch tho the current change to ragh nar roog makes it far less useful

Last edited:
Top Bottom