Should I invest in Technical?

+
I have 17 Attribute Points still to come my way, enough to max out Technical if I want. (I also have 20 in Intel and 19 in Cool). Question: should I invest in Tech?

At first Tech didn't look that interesting, as I figured I could live with base model tech / smart weapons and don't rely on grenades that much. But, after collecting various iconic and legendary weapons that are stuck with lower stats because I picked them up too early, I'm starting to realize that crafting might be a useful skill.

Also, it kind of looks fun. I'm feeling an itch to do cyberpunky things besides just murdering street hobos, and this could be an outlet for that.

What's your experience with Tech / Crafting / Engineering? Worth it?

Another question: CDPR said they fixed the 8 megabyte bug; do we know for certain that this is well and truly fixed?

Finding mats to upgrade your gear can be a time consuming and expense endevour. Sure you can break everything down, but that doesn't guarentee the right mats unless you invest heavy in technical. Also, if you have a 20 in Intel and 19 in cool, that means you're a hacker, and the times I needed a strong handgun I can count on my one hand.

That said technical is nice to open doors and such, but if you're asking now that means you've gone through most of the game and didn't both opening those doors, so it probably won't matter now.

That said I invest in technical to open doors up to about 12 or so, so if you have extra points laying around, go ahead. I tend to concentrate my handguns on shotguns, to raise strength up a bit, and they're devastating up close, with little or no skill points needed.

It depends of playstyle. My end game build had Tech 10 and but there was perhaps only one instance in game where I found it handy to have that much invested in Tech.

Then if you like to craft, upgrade equipment by crafting or create new items it's a must. Pretty much I ever crafted was shotgun ammo, so I can't say anything else.

Overall I think if you have already invested a lot to Intelligence, Tech might be a bit redundant, since it's sort of similar to Int / hacking that it doesn't have much synergy with other attributes/skills. I think that's intended design.

I like tech 18. You can craft legendaries and get mods from recycled items.

This is the main reason I got 18 tech. If you craft legendary weapons combined with a few perks that raises crafted items stats, you'll literally have the best weapons/armor in the game. Nothing comes close to it.

Of course that's when comparing same level items or items that aren't like 10+ levels higher than the crafted items.

If you like the tech angle then put more points into it. Personally, it bores me, so I left it at 9.

My next play through I might try more tech and try to play differently. But my nomad gunner stealth, cool build is keeping my happy for the moment.

There have been some quests where it has cost me in eddies or extra steps. But in other quests, my build pays off.

I had a great time investing in Tech because it allowed me, as some stated here, to open more doors and to craft some things I liked.

I also built on that to use only tech weapons (I didn't care at first about the difference between all kind of weapons) and I enjoyed being able to specialize in that field. They load faster, and you can hit through walls faster.

Again, my V was a Corpo so I found it thematically nice to have a Tech/Cool oriented build.

Tech might be a bit redundant, since it's sort of similar to Int / hacking that it doesn't have much synergy with other attributes/skills. I think that's intended design.

I think tech had synergy with the 6th attribute that was cut from the game.

Tech would be more fun if the tech interactions, like crafting, were done in real time and not through menu

I think tech had synergy with the 6th attribute that was cut from the game.

Tech would be more fun if the tech interactions, like crafting, were done in real time and not through menu
I don't want to speculate about 6th attribute.

Crafting has been new things for me. I first encountered it in Tom Clancy's the Division and it didn't appeal to me there and it didn't appeal to me in this game, other than that I didn't needed to worry about shotgun ammo. I appreciate that while it's available for players whom playstyle it's important mechanic, in the big picture, it can be ignored practically completely.

Every playthrough i have 18 tech just for legendary crafting, do i need it? No and its been covered as to why

Every playthrough i dismantle everything that can be dismantled that i can loot, i dont find this anymore time consuming than standing at a vendor selling it all though then upgrading the components from one tier to the next is very time consuming an i expect a qol improvement to this in the future

I find it worthwhile because of the clothing recipes but more importantly upgrading iconic weapons which i use extensivly regardless of build, even my netrunners equip iconic weapons

Do i need to, no, but i like to, the overture legendary can do as good a job if not better than a few of the iconic pistols but i like using Johnnys Malorian or Kerrys Archangel even Rivers Crash an thats not to mention my stealth snipers and Panam's Sniper or my shotty users with Judy's shotgun.

You dont need to but i certainly like to

...but i like using Johnnys Malorian
There's fun fact related to crafting and Handguns skill. People at LowSodiumCyberpunk figured this one out.

When we play as Johnny, Malorian is very powerful, then when we get the gun, it actually isn't. This is because Johnny is unreliable narrator. He remembers things in his way. Probably need crafting to get Malorian actually work like Johnny remembers it works. :)

There's fun fact related to crafting and Handguns skill. People at LowSodiumCyberpunk figured this one out.

When we play as Johnny, Malorian is very powerful, then when we get the gun, it actually isn't. This is because Johnny is unreliable narrator. He remembers things in his way. Probably need crafting to get Malorian actually work like Johnny remembers it works. :)
Ohh i know the gun aint as good in V's hands as it is in Johnny's but i still enjoy it either because of its "melee" or its reloading animation, i never put it down to narration so much as it was simply custom made for Johnny and as such is just better used by him, whichever it is it still gets the job done and thats all that matters to me at end of the day

Honestly it felt like the more you invest in the progression system the less enjoyable the gameplay is. Tech and smart weapons are overpowered. Hacking is extremely overpowered. Even without investing much it breaks the AI, but when you actually invest you never even need to engage anyone. Just sit back and mass hack or shoot everyone through a wall without them ever engaging you.

The issue with the tech stat is that the stupid grenade tree was very likely supposed to be Rigging. I find it very weird that V has no access to drones, and I think that's because they couldn't get drone ai/balancing right before release.

The issue with the tech stat is that the stupid grenade tree was very likely supposed to be Rigging. I find it very weird that V has no access to drones, and I think that's because they couldn't get drone ai/balancing right before release.
This is meta but, how did drones work in tabletop game and how drones would translate to Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay?

This is meta but, how did drones work in tabletop game and how drones would translate to Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay?

I never played CPTT, but I've played a lot of Shadowrun. You can see with how other factions use drones how V could use them. The stealth recon of the Aldecaldos, the flathead's infiltration ability, the heavy duty arasoka combat drones and mechs... all would open up very different sorts of builds incorporating the tech tree. There are even Arasoka vehicles for V to steal that could sport more powerful, single use drones.

Given the issues with NPCs joining you on a quest I can imagine they were a long way from figuring out drones.

I never played CPTT, but I've played a lot of Shadowrun. You can see with how other factions use drones how V could use them. The stealth recon of the Aldecaldos, the flathead's infiltration ability, the heavy duty arasoka combat drones and mechs... all would open up very different sorts of builds incorporating the tech tree. There are even Arasoka vehicles for V to steal that could sport more powerful, single use drones.

Given the issues with NPCs joining you on a quest I can imagine they were a long way from figuring out drones.
I see. Look, I don't think it's about an AI at all. For what I searched fast, there's no such ability in tabletop game. I'm not sure if Cyberpunk RED may have it or not.

This is not related to Mike Pondsmith tabletop and CP 2077 anymore.

I invest in tech for both the crafting aspect, as has been mentioned before, and the fact that each point of tech increases your armor by 5%, or at least that is what the stat description says.

I see. Look, I don't think it's about an AI at all. For what I searched fast, there's no such ability in tabletop game. I'm not sure if Cyberpunk RED may have it or not.

This is not related to Mike Pondsmith tabletop and CP 2077 anymore.

They're in the game... you can even find a runner that used them. There are only so many explanations as to why our character is the only person in the world without access to them.

Having played both CPTT and Shadowrun the rigging, to use the shadowrun term, would not be that difficult to work into the game but may not be in the table top game for play balance purposes.
Post automatically merged:

I could be that the devs did not like the drone system that had been worked out or it did not work as planned.

Top Bottom