Should I invest in Technical?

+
They're in the game... you can even find a runner that used them. There are only so many explanations as to why our character is the only person in the world without access to them.
would not be that difficult to work into the game but may not be in the table top game for play balance purposes.

Yes, the logical one, I haven't played the tabletop but what I looked I didn't see any references to skill like that, one unofficial supplemental perhaps.

Single player game like CP 2077, might be neat but we can already create quite powerful character. But still Tech might be a bit underwhelming as it relies so much on crafting and grenades.

There's generally a huge fundamental difference between Cyberpunk and Shadowrun when it comes to Rigging. In Shadowrun you can literally drive a tank disguised as a delivery van downtown, and the cops generally won't bat and eye. Okay so that's an exaggeration, a bit. Drones and vehicular weapons are fairly common in Shadowrun, and any rigger just has to go to the black market and pay the required nuyen and they can get military grade weapons and drones.

Cyberpunk is honestly more subdued. They have drones and weapons and tanks, but the corps try and control them much better. It's kind of weird in 2077 that Militech is very concerned about getting back their Spider drone, but don't care about their Panzer getting swiped. Generally you swipe a bit of military grade hardware that's that powerful, no matter how outdated, Militech is going to find you and remove you, and just moving the delivery truck a few miles down the road isn't going to deter them.

It's basically because in Cyberpunk, they've rationalized the gun thing based on the second amendment in Night City. Basically anything you can own today, even with a license, you can own in Cyberpunk, so basically small arms and maybe some machine guns.

Anything more powerful is going to require you to have a license or be hunted by every corp as a threat.

Shadowrun it's all illegial basically, so the difference between a Ingram and a Panther in the eyes of the law is that it's all illegial.

Single player game like CP 2077, might be neat but we can already create quite powerful character.

By that logic we may as well only a hacking build. If they weren't already in the game I wouldn't mention it, your argument that they aren't canon is a bit underwhelming given that.

By that logic we may as well only a hacking build. If they weren't already in the game I wouldn't mention it, your argument that they aren't canon is a bit underwhelming given that.
It's not my argument, it's how it is. But I was thinking about in general how Tech skill might be a bit underwhelming and how to make it more worth investing. What sort of different game play scenarios would be possible. I'm not counting on rigging or anything that isn't based on TTG, because I just don't think those are likely to be implemented.

Armor bonus mentioned earlier in topic, there is that but it still...

There's generally a huge fundamental difference between Cyberpunk and Shadowrun when it comes to Rigging. In Shadowrun you can literally drive a tank disguised as a delivery van downtown, and the cops generally won't bat and eye. Okay so that's an exaggeration, a bit. Drones and vehicular weapons are fairly common in Shadowrun, and any rigger just has to go to the black market and pay the required nuyen and they can get military grade weapons and drones.

Cyberpunk is honestly more subdued. They have drones and weapons and tanks, but the corps try and control them much better. It's kind of weird in 2077 that Militech is very concerned about getting back their Spider drone, but don't care about their Panzer getting swiped. Generally you swipe a bit of military grade hardware that's that powerful, no matter how outdated, Militech is going to find you and remove you, and just moving the delivery truck a few miles down the road isn't going to deter them.

It's basically because in Cyberpunk, they've rationalized the gun thing based on the second amendment in Night City. Basically anything you can own today, even with a license, you can own in Cyberpunk, so basically small arms and maybe some machine guns.

Anything more powerful is going to require you to have a license or be hunted by every corp as a threat.

Shadowrun it's all illegial basically, so the difference between a Ingram and a Panther in the eyes of the law is that it's all illegial.

To me that's just another argument to put them in the game. Then again, I could go for a little "being hunted by the corps" and other such consequences to my actions. With the right combination of breach protocol and tech I should be able to strip the AI out of a drone I picked up from the back of an arasoka truck just like Maelstrom did the flathead. To be really clear I would never use a Rigging build, not my style at all.

I just think it's weird that they exist in the game and we have a tech tree that is confined to grenades.

To me that's just another argument to put them in the game. Then again, I could go for a little "being hunted by the corps" and other such consequences to my actions. With the right combination of breach protocol and tech I should be able to strip the AI out of a drone I picked up from the back of an arasoka truck just like Maelstrom did the flathead. To be really clear I would never use a Rigging build, not my style at all.

I just think it's weird that they exist in the game and we have a tech tree that is confined to grenades.

Well the drones were supposed to be in game, but they got removed, like so many other things. Should they be in the game, sure, but they're not because... CDPR management. I don't know if I'd go as far as the flathead, I mean that's supposed to be experimental tech, but I could definatly see a recon drone like the nomads use, maybe with a LMG planted on it for style.

L11 atm and not spent a single point in attributes or perks atm. waiting on the patch to see what they do. then will reroll again after the major patch. Half the perks don't even work right now.

Guest 4519094

As many nice folks here pointed out it really depends on the run you're playing,
might be most useful for those going for 100% cleaning the map and seeing as much
content and new weapons and clothes as possible,
also an absolute must if you're a fan of tech weapons :p

Well the drones were supposed to be in game, but they got removed
Source for that?

In general terms, I recalled some videos I saw at LowSodiumCyberpunk. There were some phenomenal use of grenades in those. So perhaps I was looking at this wrong simply because my character was built very differently.

But still Tech might be a bit underwhelming as it relies so much on crafting and grenades.
You seem to fail to consider that Tech is a force multiplier. It, like Cool, boosts what you can otherwise do. Therefore, it has significantly higher utility than attributes like Reflex and Body. That said, if you're willing to save-scum quite a bit, much of Tech becomes redundant.

You seem to fail to consider that Tech is a force multiplier. It, like Cool, boosts what you can otherwise do. Therefore, it has significantly higher utility than attributes like Reflex and Body. That said, if you're willing to save-scum quite a bit, much of Tech becomes redundant.
Well, it's in the post right above you, but I came to think that I look at this the wrong way since I was thinking builds that would also use deck and forgotten how useful Sandevistan can be with grenades.

Waiting 1.1 patch here for another playthrough.

Last edited:
Source for that?

In general terms, I recalled some videos I saw at LowSodiumCyberpunk. There were some phenomenal use of grenades in those. So perhaps I was looking at this wrong simply because my character was built very differently.

I would have to dig out a ton of stuff that's hard to shift through, but the wiki on the flathead says as much. https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Militech_MT0D12_"Flathead". Check the trivia line.

I would have to dig out a ton of stuff that's hard to shift through, but the wiki on the flathead says as much. https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Militech_MT0D12_"Flathead". Check the trivia line.

"The Flathead was intended to be used as a companion for Techies, but as Netrunners and Techies had many overlapping abilities they combined them into one skill tree. Thus it will no longer be a companion for the player."

For once someone actually delivers!

I actually buy that explanation about overlapping skills. I can see it could have been useful option on some stealth missions and enabling one more way to approach the situation, but at the same time trivializing whatever challenge there is.

tech 20 is only needed if you want all blueprints. since there is one behind a door that needs 20.
You need 19 for another blueprint hiding behind a door in the penthouse of a skyscraper.

They are both weapons, but if you want them also you need 20, all other doors are 18 or below and I also always get 18 so I can upgrade the iconic weapons and craft some legendary clothes.

Hope they will fix the legendary clothing blueprints.

Yes. But only in endgame. Crafting holds no value in the storyline, except crafting healthpacks and ammo. If you want to collect some stuff or have easier time in NC without using cheats or something and keep playing lefit, technical is something you should max. I went Intelligence > Cool > Technical and it went pretty well. I never max out gun damage in FPS RPGs because you are always going to 1-3tap headshots anyway.

Top Bottom