Should I or Shouldn't I?

+
Should I or Shouldn't I?

Hello everyone,

It's been forever since I've been on this forum. It feels good to be back. Anyway I'm posting this because I'd like your all's opinion on something.

Here's the thing, I completed Blood and Wine about a month ago, so technically that means I am officially done with this awesome game franchise I've been a part of since 2007 when the first one came out. It's been an incredible journey and one that I wouldn't mind reliving. So anyway I'm thinking of doing a huge Witcher marathon. I'm going to re-read all the books back-to-back and then follow those up with playing the game's back-to-back to form one fantastic narrative experience.

The thing I'm wondering about doing is, when I get around to Wild Hunt, romancing both Yen and Triss so as to get the Three's A Tango quest where they both humiliate and dump Geralt. On one hand, this would mean that Geralt would not end up with an official love interest despite all his trials and tribulations, which is pretty sad, on the other hand...

...I FREAKING LOVE THIS SCENE! Oh my god, it's so hilarious. I know that it basically means that Geralt will continue his lonely life as a witcher, at the same time it feels kind of fitting. Geralt spends a lot of the series as this ridiculous sex fiend who screws nearly everything that moves, often behind the backs of his varying love interests. The whole fiasco of getting tricked and dumped by his two leading ladies just goes to show that such behavior can come back to bite a man in the ass someday.

I don't know. Should I or shouldn't I? I'd appreciate someone else's opinion. What do you think?

Cheers! :)

I am aiming for this threesome currently. Haven't seen it before, because I just can't stomach being nice to that manipulating redhead. I just finished that ordeal though and am also looking forward to the scene. :D

You make a very valid point. Geralt should end up with no one. After all he can romance Shani/Triss and get a dozen or more "cards" in TW1. Then in TW2 he has additional options including a Succubus for the first time in the games. And in TW3 there are the two main choices plus 3-4 more not including all the brothals he can visit.

I'm sort of doing the opposite. Yes I romanced Triss in TW1 but then broke it off in TW2 and no being very faithful to Yen in TW3. Of course she's still a bitch about it. So maybe the better choice is to do what you're planning on doing.

Hello everyone,

It's been forever since I've been on this forum. It feels good to be back. Anyway I'm posting this because I'd like your all's opinion on something.

Here's the thing, I completed Blood and Wine about a month ago, so technically that means I am officially done with this awesome game franchise I've been a part of since 2007 when the first one came out. It's been an incredible journey and one that I wouldn't mind reliving. So anyway I'm thinking of doing a huge Witcher marathon. I'm going to re-read all the books back-to-back and then follow those up with playing the game's back-to-back to form one fantastic narrative experience.

The thing I'm wondering about doing is, when I get around to Wild Hunt, romancing both Yen and Triss so as to get the Three's A Tango quest where they both humiliate and dump Geralt. On one hand, this would mean that Geralt would not end up with an official love interest despite all his trials and tribulations, which is pretty sad, on the other hand...

...I FREAKING LOVE THIS SCENE! Oh my god, it's so hilarious. I know that it basically means that Geralt will continue his lonely life as a witcher, at the same time it feels kind of fitting. Geralt spends a lot of the series as this ridiculous sex fiend who screws nearly everything that moves, often behind the backs of his varying love interests. The whole fiasco of getting tricked and dumped by his two leading ladies just goes to show that such behavior can come back to bite a man in the ass someday.

I don't know. Should I or shouldn't I? I'd appreciate someone else's opinion. What do you think?

Cheers! :)

You make a very valid point. Geralt should end up with no one. After all he can romance Shani/Triss and get a dozen or more "cards" in TW1. Then in TW2 he has additional options including a Succubus for the first time in the games. And in TW3 there are the two main choices plus 3-4 more not including all the brothals he can visit.

I'm sort of doing the opposite. Yes I romanced Triss in TW1 but then broke it off in TW2 and no being very faithful to Yen in TW3. Of course she's still a bitch about it. So maybe the better choice is to do what you're planning on doing.

I've got to disagree with you two. Sapkowski truly wanted Geralt to end up with Yennefer, and since I make my play-through decisions based on lore, I've gone with her both times (So far.).

Book canon: Yennefer.

Game canon: I could be "either of them", or Triss. I'm not entirely sure.

I simply don't see being alone is a canonical option, though.

I see multiple play throughs here ;) ;) ;)

But seriously... Even if you romance both and get dumped, Geralt isn't alone. He has other friends too.

I've got to disagree with you two. Sapkowski truly wanted Geralt to end up with Yennefer, and since I make my play-through decisions based on lore, I've gone with her both times (So far.).

Book canon: Yennefer.

Game canon: I could be "either of them", or Triss. I'm not entirely sure.

I simply don't see being alone is a canonical option, though.

I never said cannon. I was approaching it from a logical point of view. If you are a hound dog which the game allows then logically you end up with no one. If you are faithful as much as possible you end up with Yen. If you switched to Triss in TW1, stuck with her in TW2 then logically you end up with her.

It is a fun scene, although I would not want to replay many hours of the game just to see it (unless I specifically wanted that outcome). However, on PC, it can easily be triggered with some console commands before the scene in Final Preparations where Ciri meets the Lodge.

So, I arrived at the climax with the threesome plot now.

- all 3 sex scenes (plus that great last one)
- both Yen's and Triss' dialogues seemed somewhat confused. Both had the dialogue line that you normally hear if they had been rejected - but kept being romantic anyway (with some exceptions. No cringeworthy "Yen, I adore you" or Triss projecting her plans of that house in Korvir into the pool (though, eh, I had already told her that I had no plans at all to settle down in Korvir with her.) But both were "romantic" enough to not do the teleport into the lake or increase the constant whining to epic whine levels.
- it felt quite a bit weird that Geralt told Phil during the Sunstone quest that "Triss might be against it" if Geralt and Yen rode off together into the sunset, as Phil suggested. (Phil really hit a critical miss dice roll in that quest. Thinking that Ciri would be empress, thinking that Emhyr would win, imagining that Yen is into politics, thinking that there was still some sort of love triangle,... Phil, get a grip.)

Anyway. "We are done with Geralt of Rivia" did hurt. I caught myself doing extremely reckless things in the aftermatch, like running straight to the monsters without bothering to apply the right oil or using quen (or chest armor), and then not even saving in between fights. That was interesting, and even somewhat book-Geralt like.

I'm also now pushing the vanilla to an end, so that I don't have to interact with them anymore. :p I had planned to do that anyway though. Have been feeling BaW calling to me for a few days now. Looks like the "Olgierd x O'Dimm" love story might not come to an end again. Poor sods.

Summary of the threesome for me:

- Yeah, was worth a replay to see the effects on the dialogues (and the hot threesome sex cutscene :p ). Wouldn't have been worth it by itself, but since I need a second "no romance" vanilla for the currently aimed for BaW visit (Ciri Witcheress), it was a good idea to see threesome after "strict no romance" from last time (Dandelion).
- Was not quite worth my mental suffering during the progress of getting the loathed, despised and hated one of the two ready for the threesome. That was beyond the bearable.

=> If I, i.e. for "let's see how horrible it can get and let's watch the Ciri Empress BaW visit"-reasons had to do a no-Yen-romance vanilla again, I'd rather opt for "hostile to both, skip or fail Last Wish (i.e. swim off into the sunset to watch some whale, as Yen is waiting in the boat)".

At least the teleport into the lake is amusing, even though the "I'd rather have Eskel do it" hurts.

Last edited:
- Was not quite worth my mental suffering during the progress of getting the loathed, despised and hated one of the two ready for the threesome. That was beyond the bearable.

Yeah, I never romance Yennefer myself, either. Good thing I could still watch the relevant scenes, or at least those that did not involve sex, with the help of console commands.
:troll:

I never said cannon. I was approaching it from a logical point of view. If you are a hound dog which the game allows then logically you end up with no one.

In a hypothetical sequel with Geralt (not that one is really needed), it would also make some sense to start from that state, that would allow for the most freedom in how the game can be written.

Last edited:
Top Bottom