Should I pre order Cyberpunk?

+
[...] In my case, I completely abandoned Steam, uninstalled it from my computer, and re-purchased all of the games I like from GOG; [...]

That's quite the hardcore statement, Choomba: the middle finger to Valve (Steam) and quite cyberpunk, bravo.

For people worried about Cyberpunk 2077 and all their games on Steam:
There's no need to abandon Steam because with GoG Galaxy v2 (currently in Beta). GoG Galaxy v2 will support integration with other platforms such as: Steam, Xbox Live, Epic Games Store, Origin, uPlay and Playstation Network (although I don't get the point of PSN). So all your games will be in one place.

If you wish CDPR gets maximum returns, pre-order or purchase the game on GoG.

Since there is no pre-order bonus from CDPR directly, [EDIT: Swedrami corrects me on this below] and there are only the Standard and Collector's Edition, there really is no real pressure from us gamers to pre-order anymore.

CDPR has the stats in from pre-orders, so a few more here and there now probably won't affect whatever CDPR needed the stats for.

I believe console gamers will receive a download code if they purchase the physical medium, although I may be wrong.
If I am correct, and you don't care about GameStop / EB Games pre-order bonuses, then there is no real reason to pre-order that either.

What CDPR is doing here is beautiful:
They give us the choice.

And from what I can tell, there is no downside to purchasing the game later, or to pre-ordering it now.
Whatever floats your CyberBoat™.

Last edited:
Since there is no pre-order bonus from CDPR directly
Actually there is - not a pre-order bonus per se, since the offer is likely going to be good even long after launch, but there's this:

For me personally, the opportunity to send 100% of my 60 digital eurodollarydoos to Warsaw is already enough of an incentive to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 through GoG. Did the same back in June 2014 for the third installment of the Witcher and will very likely do so again with any future releases by CD Projekt RED.
Supporting the DRM-free cause and true ownership of digital games/goods in general are not too shabby side-effects as well.

Guest 3842833

Actually there is - not a pre-order bonus per se, since the offer is likely going to be good even long after launch, but there's this:

For me personally, the opportunity to send 100% of my 60 digital eurodollarydoos to Warsaw is already enough of an incentive to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 through GoG. Did the same back in June 2014 for the third installment of the Witcher and will very likely do so again with any future releases by CD Projekt RED.
Supporting the DRM-free cause and true ownership of digital games/goods in general are not too shabby side-effects as well.
GOG for the win.

I preordered on Steam and there is a no brainer, you can just refund it if you don't like (with less than 2 hours of gameplay).

I trust CDPR so i have pre-ordered both Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 from gog so CDPR can make the most money.
I will not pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 because the game is fps only and i do not like fps as it is not immersive for myself.

I will wait and see what they show us as it gets near release day and then decide to order on release day or wait a few weeks to see what mod possibilities exist.

Well... I'd say that so far, we've had some info about the game's content, but many questions and dark spots still remain.

I pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 for some reasons I will explain, but IMO there are no "valid" reasons to pre-order. By doing so there's only one message given to a company, which is : "do whatever you want with my money". Pre-orders are the strongest act of blind trust toward them...

Many people seem to trust CDPR (and I do, considering many big companies just seem to cheat on gamers these days...), so as a big fan of the red bird emblem... let's be silly and start with reasons "why not buy Cyberpunk 2077".

Why should I have waited longer before buying ?
- What do we know so far about the game mechanics ? I think this is a crucial point to make you buy a game, not that it's "cool" or "mature", or a Hollywood star confirmed as a character. You sure guys the gameplay's in the right direction ? What if some (or many) game features feel like old, not just old-school but retrograde ? Tedious grinding ? False freedom of choice ? Under-developed open world ?
- By giving early to the developers, by the time the game comes out, there can still changes to a point where you'll become disappointed, and have a feeling that's not what you looked for.
- There can be technical bugs/crashes at V.1.0 and you'll have to wait a few months until it's fully patched. In some big games like this one, it can be frustrating to start over after many hours of play.
- Do you have the required PC setup for this game ? Why not wait until you can be sure to enjoy the game on the best settings ?
- Keanu Reeves, I mean... not sure about the in-game character role, will he be great or just an annoying little fairy inside my head ? Yuckkk. "Hey listen!!!" :ROFLMAO:

Now, what are my personal subjectively good reasons to have pre-ordered ?
- CDPR.
- Mike Pondsmith.
- Cyberpunk.
- Those 3 are like a virtuous circle, nothing bad can happen.

The only reason to preorder is if you like the exclusives being offered that you cannot obtain post launch.

I kinda understood preordering in the days before digital sources like GOG or Steam, but now I don't really see much point in it anymore.

And the one time I did it - due to a temporary moment of confuzzlement or something - ended up being an infuriating hassle when the game should've been activated. Not preordering anymore.

I pre-ordered the game the evening following their E3 2019 show. I have no regret. Make of that what you will.

Although part of the reason was the knowledge that I wouldn't be left without it. My financial situation has been dire for a long while. I wanted to get it when I at least had the money.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of pre-ordering before they announced that the game will be FPS and a bunch of other unwelcomed changes for me. Luckily, I can cancel anytime so it's not a big deal. I advise you to wait until it comes out, the price will be the same anyway.

I made the mistake of pre-ordering before they announced that the game will be FPS and a bunch of other unwelcomed changes for me. Luckily, I can cancel anytime so it's not a big deal. I advise you to wait until it comes out, the price will be the same anyway.

Considering the game became pre-orderable during E3 2019, and the fps-elements were well known before that, I'd like to say that this is on you, though. I mean, the 2018 video showcased FPS elements quite clearly.

You could literally not pre-order before the FPP announcement. The FPP announcement came out in 2018. Preorders went live in 2019.

So, how could you have ordered before the First Person announcement?

@parasite_avi
World is ruled by Pure chaos.
I live in Romania and I tell you and you better trust me and not argue, its shitty, at least for Me, and in my tiny mind i think the the living of majority of them romanians is cheap, is licked by coruption better than the bus japanese fetishes. How can you fukking put me in the same thing with GERMANY?! They are freaking Germany! How, why, why do you have some kind of benefits, you russian?? What is the problem? My country is 10 feet under the grave of anything, and still them russky get cheaper sheets lmao, it adds a lot of sense to me. They put me to pay Sixty Euro like i m some... yeah... life is a shit. Thats why I play stuff like Cyberpunk and wanna but It. And guess, I like it much more than you, you casuals. ( :)) )
Its so very annoying I swear to God.
a salary is like 400 euros and you got to eat and have a roof and bed lol, guess what you have

Top Bottom