Should I pre order Cyberpunk?

+
In what way? Being vague is fine and all, and I can understand if you don't have a legitimate, solid answer aside from a gut feeling, but could you elaborate more on what you mean by that?

Juste read his posts for the two lasts years if you want the long answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this is coming from an old gamer and a long time CDPR community member.
(talking decades of gaming here and nearby a decade being a member now ^^) *phew* time flies

I do never preorder, neither i support business practicies i despise (non optional Launchers are my limit)
[before you ask, yes i boycott ALL of them except for Galaxy]
However i DO preorder from CD Projekt Red, because:
why not Galaxy?

The answer is simple. Do you trust CDred enough? if yes pre-order, if not do not. I have played all the witcher games and have enjoyed them a lot.

Cyberpunk is just a new technobot witcher 3. Take that as you will

Only Pre-order if you want to.

Yes it shows support for the studio and all that, but if your not going to play it at release, I don't see a reason to Pre-order really.

Some think "I'll just wait till its on sale blah blah" Let me till you It was a LOOOONG time before I saw The Witcher 3 below 40 bucks. If this game is as good as The Witcher 3, the same thing will happen.

If your not going to play it until at least a year from release, just pick up a copy then. Maybe just maybe you might find it on sale, though I doubt it.

That is the beauty of free will. You do you. No matter if you pre-order or wait and pick it up when you have time to play it. You will always be supporting CDProjektRed by just buying it. So yea it's all up to you.

I pre-ordered and paid in full for two CE, one PS4 one PC, and Grabbed a copy for my wife on GOG. I'm definitely supporting CDPR. I know it will be as good if not better than The Witcher 3, and I can't wait!!

I've been burnt in the past, even by companies that had a good history up to the point. Now I wait for the reviews, and pick it up once I feel the value proposition is worth it. For some games that will be full price at launch, others I'll wait for a sale.

Promises have no value. Only hand over money if you're happy with exactly what you are getting at that exact moment.

By the way...pre ordering a game makes sense only if you want the physical version at day one. Maybe you get it the day before (sometimes it happens) but that's it.
For digital games, the only reason to pre order it's the pre download, so you can play exatcly when the game gets unlocked.
Funny thing is....for the Stadia version, you don't even have to pre download anything. It's day one, you like the game, you pay for it and start playing right away (of course assuming you have a good enough internet connection to use cloud gaming).

By the way I still have my pre order for the PS4 version from Amazon. Where I live they don't charge any money until they ship the product, so I still have time to decide what to do. If they show us some footage about the PS4 version, I can probably make my decision.

Top 3 of the decade? And youre still asking questions. Only thing what might be better is GTA6. Then I put one surprise, maybe just maybe Blizzard is cooking something, or EA might pull something nice too.

I pre-order and paid in full two CE one ps4 and one PC and Pre-ordered a digital copy on GOG.

That's me, you do you

If you know you are going to buy the game and play it day one then pre-order it.
If you are not cause of time restraints or w.e then wait and get it when you have time to play it.
If you don't know if you want to play/buy the game at all then wait for some reviews to go up or friends to play and get feedback.

If you have any doubt just wait. there isn't any real pre-order bonus or anything you have to worry about not getting or anything that I have seen.

I pre-order and paid in full two CE one ps4 and one PC and Pre-ordered a digital copy on GOG.

That's me, you do you

If you know you are going to buy the game and play it day one then pre-order it.
If you are not cause of time restraints or w.e then wait and get it when you have time to play it.
If you don't know if you want to play/buy the game at all then wait for some reviews to go up or friends to play and get feedback.

If you have any doubt just wait. there isn't any real pre-order bonus or anything you have to worry about not getting or anything that I have seen.
So I'm not the only one with two preorders.
I have a PS4 preorder, because I want a physical copy on my shelf with the steelbook and the stuff that comes with it. But I (and a lot of people with me) fear about performances for the PS4 version. Worst case scenario I'll save my PS4 copy for a future purchase of a PS5.
But probably I'm going to play on Stadia. My laptop gpu (GTX 1650) will probably struggle to let me play at minimum settings. At this point I prefer to play a (hopefully) average good version of the game on Stadia without worrying about performances, downloads and everything.
Preordering on Stadia is useless since you can start playing right after the purchase, but this time they give you a free Premiere Edition (Controller + Chromecast) with the game, and it's a "while supplies last" thing, so I preordered.

Well, since you get all the goodies wether you preorder it or get it after it's released, i think you should take your time

I've not pre-ordered the game. Not because I don't trust CDPR, but because I haven't felt the need to do it. I'm also slightly shaky about if my PC will be able to run the game properly. Might buy it tonight or tomorrow just so the pre-download is ready though. Thursday is my busiest workday, ironically, so I might not be able to play the game until the weekend anyway.

Top Bottom