Should I stay or should I play?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I am currently at 3950 mmr and ranked around 4000ish. I was at 4050ish mmr and was around 2500ish rank. Now, if I play ranked and go down even 100 points, I may go below 10k ranks and will not be eligible for a place at the "Mage of the Conclave". I am sure I wont be able to grind enough to be a Grand Master either. So, if I don't play ranked from now on, would I still be within 10k rank? Or later the season 3950 wont be enough to be within 10k rank and I would need to play more and get better mmr? If 3950ish wont be enough for 10k rank, I would play few more games and try to get 4k+ and then stop. If 3950ish is enough, I will stick to Casual. Advice please.

It's probably going to be enough to be among the top 10k at the end of the season - however, there's no guarantee and if you don't want to risk it I'd still advice to keep an eye on your rank.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
4100 tends to be the safer zone for staying in 10k
I can kind of sense that. I was around 4000 rank, but now around 5900 :( I am not sure if I take risk and play (and lose more points will definitely make me below 10k rank) or take the risk and stay hoping that 4k more people don't pass 3950 mmr.

I'm not as skilled as you in this game. But your request made me wonder: how much time do you play gwent daily?
I am also a novice. I usually play till I get the 75 ore daily reward.

Last season's cutoff was 3988. Never went below that for other seasons. Unlikely 3950 is enough ...
4k you should be safe.

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
Last season's cutoff was 3988. Never went below that for other seasons. Unlikely 3950 is enough ...
4k you should be safe.
That is a sad news. I am exactly at 3977 MMR and is placed at #5815. But one more defeat I am surely to be < 10K. Thanks for the info Harethil. Where do we get to know this info. I have decided to try my luck my staying there and not playing any ranked (unless I go below 10k). Wish me luck guys :p

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
My rank is rapidly dropping and I am currently at 6816. I have a doubt. Lets say there are 9999 players with mmr with 3978+ and there are another 1000 players with mmr 3977 (mine). Would all the 1000 players fall in the top 10k pool? Effectively 3977 would be the 10k-th mmr and what if many players share the same mmr?

Also, what if a match is going on at 10 AM CEST on the last day? Will the matches that started before the time would be counted? Or the snapshot will be taken exactly at 10AM and ranks are determined on that instance?

You are sweating it too much brother.

If you're passed your given no choice but to play. If not you're sitting pretty simple.

However a lot of players presently lower than you (Rightfully so I am sure) are on that grind for top 10k.
This means you have a good chance of winning as well against opponents seeking to over throw you.

And if you make the move now and suppose you do lose, there is still time to make back that MMR. The proof is in the pudding, if you were 4,000 when you started this and 6xxx now that means 2000 people passed you. Meaning those were players that "made" that MMR.

Good luck.

• RED Point
Where can I read more about Mage of the conclave? I'm deciding whether to shoot for top 10k myself at this point haha..

Casual/New player started 2 weeks ago don't play much I'm rank 18 presently. But could see myself playing competitively especially if the reward matches my efforts.

rrc

Forum veteran
Where can I read more about Mage of the conclave? I'm deciding whether to shoot for top 10k myself at this point haha..

Casual/New player started 2 weeks ago don't play much I'm rank 18 presently. But could see myself playing competitively especially if the reward matches my efforts.
I haven't read the books yet and have only played the games. Mages of Conclave comes in Witcher 2 (and some reference in Witcher 3 too). They are all powerful, but no match for Lodge of Sorceress! (that is why only they are ranked below them, obviously).

Rank 18 is very impressive! But to be honest 18 to 20 is the real challenge. You get awesome rewards as soon as you rank up and as well the season end reward. It is definitely worth it. I have made all my favorite cards (with nice animation) as premium cards mainly by the rewards I have got. I don't know how to add people as friends from ingame. If you know, please add me and we can play friendly matches and learn from each other. My handle is rrc in the game too.

Good luck to you too!

I am down for that, I haven't learned how to add yet either.

Rank 19 now :) Grinded 3xx scraps / 6 kegs and got a golden NR card can't remember the name atm. Some where between 65-70% WR I'm sure this only matters in 20-21?

• RED Point

if you don't want to read the books, wiki offers the same information
in short, conclave consisted of the 10 most prominent/influential mages in the Northern realms, and they pretty much had the control over magic usage in NR
it was split 5-5 between chapter and council, chapter being the more influential part of the conclave, with Vilgefortz as the most prominent member (unofficial leader of sorts)

Lodge was founded after Thanned coupe, was female only, it included conclave members Francesca, Yennefer and Phillipa
concerning power of the members, Conclave was probably way stronger since it included the best female mages, Tissaia de Vries and ofc Vilgefortz who was insanely powerful

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
I am down for that, I haven't learned how to add yet either.

Rank 19 now :) Grinded 3xx scraps / 6 kegs and got a golden NR card can't remember the name atm. Some where between 65-70% WR I'm sure this only matters in 20-21?

65+% WR from 18 to 19 itself is impressive (at least for a noob like me). But if you reach Rank 20 also with such ease, then you are truly a Grand Master material. R19 to R20 was the hardest to me (in previous seasons. This season, I reached R20 and till 4000 mmr with relative ease with my custom junk Eithenè deck and then panicked and stopped playing ranked). If you reach R20, update us.

BTW, I played one more game and luckily won it and now currently at 3999 mmr and 6606 rank. I sincerely hope 3999 is enough, but I will keep a watch and will play if and only if it seems necessary.

Top Bottom