Should I upgrade my HDMI cable?

+
Hi everyone. I was wondering if people generally think its worth it to upgrade their HDMI cable to a 48 mega bit per whatsit super duper one. Or is the one that comes with the Series X all you need? I have a modern 4k tv. I have no plans to upgrade to an 8k one, so would I be getting an improvement with a high speed cable?

Cheers everyone.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if people generally think its worth it to upgrade their HDMI cable to a 48 mega bit per whatsit super duper one. Or is the one that comes with the Series X all you need? I have a modern 4k tv. I have no plans to upgrade to an 8k one, so would I be getting an improvement with a high speed cable?

Cheers everyone.
A nice HDMI 2.1 cable, braided, robust connector to cable join, is a nice thing to have, but it is something you do because you want one, not because it is vial to have one.

In theory, the cable included is already a HDMI 2.1, so it should be enough. No need to get a "new" one except if you need a longer one :)
From Xbox :
Set up your Xbox Series X|S console
The Xbox Series X console comes with a 2-metre Ultra High Speed HDMI cable that supports HDMI 2.1 features. This cable is required to support 4K gaming at 120Hz. Using a different HDMI cable may impact your video quality. Make sure to place your console within 2 metres of your TV so that this cable will reach.
If you require a longer cable, make sure to purchase a certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cable.

On side note, I could be wrong, but the only games I played running at more than 60FPS are retrocompatible games from previous Xbox (One/360) which support the FPS Boost feature. I doubt the current and futur games will ever run at more than 60FPS anyway :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom