Should Iris be a Gold card?

+
Should Iris be a Gold card?

Serious. Its a 22 point used to generate very quick tempo and also has carryover synergy.

It just seems silly that a neutral silver is better than the majority of gold cards. Iris either needs a nerf or a change to be a gold card in my opinion.

Last edited:
25*.

When you kill her, you take out the 3+ of the oponnent. And it seems she will not get nerfed anytime soon.

Making her gold is a bit too much and it will probably stop players from using her. Then again, you have Harald whom no one is using. It's even a gold card and still it's arguably worse than Iris.

I would be nice if they at least made her "Doomed" so Monster players can't bring her back with Caretaker. Twice.

No. It's a card that requires synergies to work, it's a negative tempo play if you dont kill it instantly, if it's not insta killed it can be locked/banished/whatever. For the risk of playing it it's a very balanced card. Also it can remove value from your own removal as let's say you have unit that deal 6 damage, but you only need 3 to kill iris. So in that case Iris is 25-3-3 = 19 points silver over 2 turns.

I think it is a good card, but the combination with direct removal makes it problematic. IIf the player playing her is able to destroy her, before his enemy even has the chance to react, it becomes quite unhealthy.
The two cases that come to my mind are against a spy deck, where the spying status allows the enemy to instantly target her and against an Eredin deck with Wild Hunt Riders. The latter might not be really viable currently, but if it becomes so, there isn't much to do against it.
Iris has a better best case value than Commanders Horn, while also having less afterwards risk as the units are more spread out. And in the case of the two decks mentioned above she doesn'T even need any unusual setup.
Therefore I would either make her buff 6 units by 4, such that you need more units for it to have its maximal value, or work only on units on the opposite row, so you still have to rowstack, but get better rewards than Commanders Horn.

Not really, no. There are Silver cards that can get higher value without requiring a combo.

Iris can be easily countered with Weakening or locking effects, and you can also Decoy her. The only scenarios where she cannot be countered are if she's played right next to a Vran that's going to Consume at the start of your turn, or into RNR/Drought that's going to hit her.

I'd nerf her a tiny bit.
Basically instead of 5 units x 5 power , i'd make them 6 units x 4 power. My aim isn't the point but the number of units required.

Iuliandrei;n9826271 said:
I'd nerf her a tiny bit.
Basically instead of 5 units x 5 power , i'd make them 6 units x 4 power. My aim isn't the point but the number of units required.

Yes, I also think that the effect of Iris should affect more units but slightly weaker.

Currently it's very easy to get 5 units on board. Even if the opponent plays a lot of removal. That's the main issue I have with Iris.

It should stay silver.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, i think Iris is easily one of the best silvers in the game, better than quite a few golds, but im not sure that is enough to justify making her Gold.

She provides a lot of points, and since many of the best decks have a lot of control, she synergizes well since you have an extra target into which you can put all your attack power into, whether is weather or attack units or special cards.

What they should do is buff a LOT of the Gold cards, the line between the values of a bronze, silver and gold cards are getting thinner...

DRK3;n9827521 said:
Yeah, i think Iris is easily one of the best silvers in the game, better than quite a few golds, but im not sure that is enough to justify making her Gold.

She provides a lot of points, and since many of the best decks have a lot of control, she synergizes well since you have an extra target into which you can put all your attack power into, whether is weather or attack units or special cards.

What they should do is buff a LOT of the Gold cards, the line between the values of a bronze, silver and gold cards are getting thinner...

I think that's a good point. The value of non gold cards getting higher have had an impact on the game, and there a lot of complaints (some of them reasonable), about bronze/silver providing too much value in contrast with some gold cards.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Noela;n9831521 said:
I think that's a good point. The value of non gold cards getting higher have had an impact on the game, and there a lot of complaints (some of them reasonable), about bronze/silver providing too much value in contrast with some gold cards.

Yeah, there are some Golds that are ridiculously weak. For example i was trying to use Bloody Baron with a deck, but found out that all off the effort of destroying units to just get +1 pt on him was eclipsed by how easily i just put Iris on the board and use a machine to kill her and get 25 pts.

There are interesting Gold cards like that, but frankly anyone who's using them is just handicapping himself when there are other cards that provide value way more consistently.

I gotta say no. I love how Iris works even playing against her and just wish Sabrina can have such application some day. All I can suggest is keep a lock in hand, she is not even a surprise card anymore.

I think Iris is somehow fine, you can shackles, decoy (emir), or even pavetta her (not a common tactic though). There is some risk on playing her and not being able to kill her. Compared to commanders horn, it gives you 20 points straight away, while iris gives you 25 but you have to kill her.

She works very well with carry over units. Not saying anything else as it might have passed some people by that she can still help those resilient units after the round has finished. It's the best way to use that card IMO.

I think making her doomed wouldn't be a bad thing. I think that playing iris, then playing her again with caretaker, and then playing her again with renew caretaker is a bit much. So you could either make iris doomed, or caretaker doomed. I also think changing Rainfarm to only allow him to tutor for ng spies would be a good minor adjustment as well.

No, I dont think so, because it would be too much nerfed and nobody would use her. But maybe nerf her strength?

Top Bottom