Should lifepaths have passive bonuses, should there be tougher opponents in small gigs?

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
Different lifepaths should have their own dedicated apartment. The current one fits best into the Nomad lifepath, because Jackie seems to have organized it for V (iirc). When I've played as a Streetkid, it wasn't clear to me how V was able to get that apartment. In my opinion It's almost too luxurious for a Streetkid. I was expecting more like an abandoned building, maybe a bankrupt theatre, a dugout, a school, a retired police station, or any kind of industrial building. Places where real punks would live.

Different lifepaths should have their own dedicated apartment. The current one fits best into the Nomad lifepath, because Jackie seems to have organized it for V (iirc). When I've played as a Streetkid, it wasn't clear to me how V was able to get that apartment. In my opinion It's almost too luxurious for a Streetkid. I was expecting more like an abandoned building, maybe a bankrupt theatre, a dugout, a school, a retired police station, or any kind of industrial building. Places where real punks would live.
That might be difficult unless all the apartments are in the same building (in which case that might be doable).

Or it could be the same apartment but different decoration.

There's a lot of characters you get introduced like the guy training with the robot punching bag. Do those guys have to be moved to other location too? Or is there going to be entirely new guy?

It sounds something that would be far more difficult than just adding lets say 10% more damage to Valentinos if you're a Street Kid.

That might be difficult unless all the apartments are in the same building (in which case that might be doable).

There's a lot of characters you get introduced like the guy training with the robot punching bag. Do those guys have to be moved to other location too? Or is there going to be entirely new guy?

It sounds something that would be far more difficult than just adding lets say 10% more damage to Valentinos if you're a Street Kid.
IMO weak point of Cyberpunk are talents like +5% crit dmg, +10% damage, you won't see difference, no need for more like this. Some talents reminds me oldschool WOW talents, for better and for worse.

IMO weak point of Cyberpunk are talents like +5% crit dmg, +10% damage, you won't see difference, no need for more like this. Some talents reminds me oldschool WOW talents, for better and for worse.

At first it bothered me how Bethesda changed (from Oblivion multiple %5 and 10% you would get from various equipment and items) bonuses to HUGE %25 bonuses for their newer games like fallout 4. But I came to understand it was so you actually could feel the difference when using the bonus item.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran

I think I would choose one megabuilding for each life path, then relocate that punch guy while adjusting his appearance. I'm not sure about his dialogues, maybe I would add one or two unique dialogue options, and change the items in his store. The remaining space could be filled up with another store or more gym equipment.

Alternatively I would choose the same megabuilding but change the interior of the apartment.

In both scenarios,
there could be a unique store to each lifepath: For Streetkid there could be a place where you can trade items with a maximum offset of €$10, for Corpo there could be a dealer for expensive stuff like cars, and for Nomad there could be that gun dealer (2nd Amendment).

So this would be more like a environmental bonus to each lifepath that allows you to use unique items early in the game.

Last edited:
Nobody ever promised you anything else.
:coolstory:

Right.... no promise about how your lifepath would change the experience...

So I correct myself.
You are what you choose only for the intro, then you became a default mercenary with no usefull backstory.

Guest 3847602

Yup, and they've explained more than once how this experience would differ: they've described lifepaths as backstories or origins stories, they've said that you'll get unique prologue mission, they've said that you'll get additional dialogue options from time to time. This is what we ended up getting.
You are what you choose only for the intro, then you became a default mercenary with no usefull backstory.
And you become a Grey Warden after the intro in Dragon Age: Origins. You can't play the rest of the game doing Human Noble stuff or Dalish Elf stuff or Dwarf Commoner stuff, etc. You are a Grey Warden doing Grey Warden stuff with occasional unique dialogue option in conversation.

Lifepath exists to choose your backstory, which it does. No deceit there. Same as per the original sourcebook, Lifepath generation exists so you can pick what you look like and where you come from.

Poorly implemented, maybe. But still contribute to problem solving in quests and present roleplaying options. Example: Nomad V can obtain info from the Nomad NPC without paying eddies in Kabuki Market when tracking down Anna Hamill in the gig Woman of La Mancha.

Yup, and they've explained more than once how this experience would differ: they've described lifepaths as backstories or origins stories, they've said that you'll get unique prologue mission, they've said that you'll get additional dialogue options from time to time. This is what we ended up getting.
You are referring at a news you can find in some random article traduced from Polish?
Or actually Official Statements?

And you become a Grey Warden after the intro in Dragon Age: Origins. You can't play the rest of the game doing Human Noble stuff or Dalish Elf stuff or Dwarf Commoner stuff, etc. You are a Grey Warden doing Grey Warden stuff with occasional unique dialogue option in conversation.
And this happen in the first 20 minute of the game?

Guest 3847602

Last edited by a moderator:
You become a mercenary who's after the Relic, a key to immortality, just as they said we would. Nobody ever promised you anything else.
It's a hard thing to understand I suppose... Merc is not a Street Kid o_O
(Or maybe if you simply walk on the streets of Night City, you are a Street Kid directly^^)
Jackie was a Street Kid who became a Merc when he left the Valentinos and worked for the Fixers...
Panam was a Nomad who became a Merc when she left the Aldecaldos and worked for Fixers...

Last edited:
I can't believe how often people bring up DA: Origins, when both game do more or less the same thing. It's not like you are going to have a completely different game if you pick a dwarven prince or an elven mage - not that you should, obviously, but still.

I can't believe how often people bring up DA: Origins, when both game do more or less the same thing. It's not like you are going to have a completely different game if you pick a dwarven prince or an elven mage - not that you should, obviously, but still.
Kinda think the destinctions are better in Da:eek:. You collect the blood and actually go trough the ritual instead of a cutsceen. Your still a human noble or whatever after it tho, yopu can actually become king/queen with that origin. It feels i dunno more real.

Top Bottom