Should our save from TW1 influence on story in TW2

+
Should our save from TW1 influence on story in TW2

I think it would be cool , as seen it what Bioware is making atm with their games that your save from TW1 ( decisiouns and romances ) influence on the story in TW2 .

Personally I don't care.Maybe it will be cool but it will raise question "why we need to learn spells, talents etc. all over again"Geralt was mastered some skills in TW1 so no need to learn them again in TW2, in case that we keep old skills, developers should invent new different skills to learn them.

Goranhr said:
From the beginning, Mass Effect was designed as a trilogy. This is a huge difference.
But yet You will start as commoner in Mass Effect 2. So nothing of uber commander Shepard from Mass Effect 1.

Well its not that only ME will have that , also DO expansion Awakening will have that option.What i though bout is not skills since TW2 will be new game and ppl will not mind starting leveling from beginning but bout Geralt interactions with enviroment based upon our actions in 1 game , and in my opinion would be cool that our saves can influence game enviroment since this will be game bout same character and like in normal world our interactions in past would impact on our interactions in future.

Triss01 said:
I think it would be cool , as seen it what Bioware is making atm with their games that your save from TW1 ( decisiouns and romances ) influence on the story in TW2 .
The Dev team still did'nt give us any hint about how our choice in TW1 will influenced TW2, but we know that it will happen for sure. So just stay tuned for more news :beer:

Triss01 said:
Well its not that only ME will have that , also DO expansion Awakening will have that option.
Also *cough* mother of all Golden Age CRPGs *cough* - Baldur's Gate. And that one was *not* intially designed to become the qadrology it ended up as.As far as I'm concerned, it's the best idea ever. The devs can easily introduce new skill levels to those we know from TW1, and there will be plenty of fun with assigning those shiny golden talents. Not that I personally have a need for any sort of character improvement mechanism in TW2 at all. Real RPGs are about the story, not about improving the character ;)I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick

GoranSRB said:
But yet You will start as commoner in Mass Effect 2. So nothing of uber commander Shepard from Mass Effect 1.
Geralt got his skills back already, though.TW2 can't really justify Geralt not having his talents anymore ... as weak as the amnesia was for a gimmick, it worked for that purpose.At the beginning of Mass Effect, Shepard was supposed to already be some kind of awesome marine.As a game, they just did what they thought would work best.In ME2, transferring a high level character will get you some perks, though ... it's not totally wasted.

Tlazolteotl said:
.In ME2, transferring a high level character will get you some perks, though ... it's not totally wasted.
No, when You transfer character from ME1, I will put this into spoiler cause I'm not sure maybe it can be.
Only things which will be transferred are: gender, facial customization, decision about saved party member Ashley or Kaidan (depends on gender) but if You decided to sacrifice Kaidan as a female character You will be granted wit new one and Your decision about Citadel or Council saving. In ME2 You will start as specialized class and depending on Your class You will be restricted to certain weapon, ammunition and You will have class specialized ability.
Overall it is not big deal, Bioware stated that new ME players don't need to complete ME1 if they want to understand whole ME story and enjoy in the game, ME2 will give them hints at the beginning and guide them through story.Geralt had too many decisions IMHO than Shepard so I think it will be complicated for developers to create 2nd sequel of the game, though I support idea of transferring save games but in same time I think it is not important for the TW2Who knows maybe devs surprise us :)

I don't know where you got that from, but this is what I heard."That means that there is no direct conversion from ME1, but we did want to make sure your hard work in developing your ME1 character is rewarded. So, you'll get more points to apply to your starting character if you were a level 40, 50, or 60 character."

Read this links, You will find some answers.http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/26/mass-effect-2s-save-game-import-features-explained/http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/24/mass-effect-save-file-transfers-hundreds-of-decisions-to-seque/It was more hype than real thing I think, and trust me, I have friend who already play ME2.btw We are going of topic.

Those links are old, and ME2 definitely does have a newgame+ feature, so they're at least wrong there.Besides, that quote I posted was from a Bioware employee.And, who are you, and who is your "friend"?I don't take anyone's second-hand word on the internet unless I can personally verify it.

Ok, found itImporting a Level 60 character will have your character start off at Level 5 in Mass Effect 2, plus:Renegade or Paragon starting at 10% (If you have 100% Renegade or Paragon in ME1)- Credits: 150,000- Palladium: 10,000- Iridium: 10,000- Platinum: 10,000- Element Zero: 10,000Importing a Level 50 character will have your character start off at Level 3,plus:- Credits: 100,000- Palladium: 9,000- Iridium: 9,000- Platinum: 9,000- Element Zero: 9,000What you get in between Level 50 and 60 it ranges between the bonuses awarded.

Yes you wander from the topic. Please finish the ME topic now.Triss, here is a similar topic though it doesn't deal with your question of using TW1 save games in the sequel.

I wonder how TW2 will integrate choices from TW1...I hope it won't require a completed TW1 save, 'cause I reformatted my computer and lost everything. But then that would mean it would be a TW2 introduction which basically recaps the important points from TW1 and asks you how everything happened. That would be okay with me, but new people to the Witcher franchise might find it a bit boring :p

seeming how this game ISNT mass effect, there probably wont be a character import option. unless CDR is making 1- a direct sequel and 2- only if there "new engine" is capable of handling that. as far as know Bioware specilly made the engine for ME2 with just that in mind.It would be a cool option, and it would also boost the sales for the first game...the original ME started selling again when ME2 went on sale.

There are relatively easy ways to let decisions from first game influence the sequel, as demonstrated in KOTOR series.

Triss01 said:
Totally AGREE.

I'd rather see a strong TW2 witcher story than forced chameos. ME2 is the awesome but even there the main plot was poorly integrated into the whole chameo and loyality mission business. it's like you were playing two different games. One social game and one where you rescue the universe. ME2 is still one of the best games EVAR. Just like TW2 will be but in a different way ( I hope )

I think you overestimate the possibilities for the number of different storylines. Ask anyone who made a witcher adventure with just a few different endings, how much work and consideration goes into that. Then think about the bigger scale of the whole first witcher game with all it's choices and consequences and it gets enormous already. With every new decision, the number of possibilities increases exponentially. How do you even begin to build on top of that? Just think, the very ending of the witcher is basically the same, regadless of your decisions, except for the different characters you meet in the iceplains. In the end you take the amulet and the casket and that's that.Also, I've played the witcher half a dozen times by now and not two playthroughs were the same, I made different choices, tried to finish quests differently to find every possible "picture cut scene". With witcher, the big differences are felt in the middle of the story, not at the end. And which of my games should be the basis for the new game, which comes with a whole slew of ne choices and consequences? Watch the dev diary video, they got big plans already. :)And I dunno about ME, but in DA you get to take your Level 25 character and their inventory (sans custom items, because they broke the game, think Sims anybody?) into the EP. But apart from that, no big deal, you can just as well make a character from scratch and start with a Level 18 character and still be a hero. If you import the old one, someone calls you the Hero of Ferelden in the beginning. Whoohoo. It's more hype than substance and I strongly believe that CDPR will handle the transition to the second part far better in any case. :peace:

Top Bottom