Should park-our be added?

+
[video=youtube;-_h7x35o3Rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_h7x35o3Rs[/video]
...see, this, I'm fine with. Characters logically interacting with the environment.

What I don't want to see is Parkour: 2077. That is, I don't want to see game design or level design built around the idea of, "Can I parkour off of this?"

I'm not particularly invested in a Cyberpunk-flavored parkour game. If I wanted to play a parkour game, Mirror's Edge fills that specific role nicely.

Again, I don't mind it's inclusion, as long as game design / level design isn't built around it.

I would like to see parkour in the game. Do not think it should be limited to certain roles. Parkour should be harder to learn. I am wondering what roles are going to be in the game. Just the ones from the main books, or all of them?
If you look in the the Master Role list in the Node16 reference guide, there are 92 roles described throughout the Cyberpunk source material. I really don't see that many getting put in, do you? I think the list has more roles that LoL has Heroes ffs.
It may be worth droping this question, or at lest the question of 'which roles' should be in the game in one of the other role based threads.

...see, this, I'm fine with. Characters logically interacting with the environment.

What I don't want to see is Parkour: 2077. That is, I don't want to see game design or level design built around the idea of, "Can I parkour off of this?"

I'm not particularly invested in a Cyberpunk-flavored parkour game. If I wanted to play a parkour game, Mirror's Edge fills that specific role nicely.

Again, I don't mind it's inclusion, as long as game design / level design isn't built around it.
Brink managed to put a significant amount of the 'Mirror's Edge' movement style in its build with one button. Depending on how you angled your approach to an obstacle, you could slide under it, vault over it, roll over it or leap from it. Even wall jumping and hanging was in there. One button.
Something like that could easily be implemented as a skill, using an 'active' mode so that the environment is then reacted to in an intelligent manner.

Brink managed to put a significant amount of the 'Mirror's Edge' movement style in its build with one button. Depending on how you angled your approach to an obstacle, you could slide under it, vault over it, roll over it or leap from it. Even wall jumping and hanging was in there. One button.
Hrm... I don't think I like that idea too much. Not unless they built a logical control scheme.

I'd hate to do an awesome vault over a crate, RIGHT in to gunfire, if I'm actually trying to take cover.

- awesoem vault!!1one!
- assault rifle bullet in the skull
- Mortal 3
- dead

Hrm... I don't think I like that idea too much. Not unless they built a logical control scheme.

I'd hate to do an awesome vault over a crate, RIGHT in to gunfire, if I'm actually trying to take cover.

- awesoem vault!!1one!
- Mortal 3
- dead

This.... so much this......

- awesoem vault!!1one!
- Mortal 3
- dead
If your trying to take cover, you would let go of the button.

But just in case, I would love to see some video compilations of people forgetting to let go of that button...

But just in case, I would love to see some video compilations of people forgetting to let go of that button...
Probably a bunch of them on youtube I bet, just no one have had the idea of making them into a compilation although it would be hilarious to watch lol

I'm sure they will add cool animations in this game, the question is just how we want the animations to be. Personally I want something similar to Brink and/or Sleeping Dogs even though Brink brings back bad memories. It was the biggest disappointment of 2011 in terms of gaming. Not because of the animations though, I liked them, but the whole experience from the game in its whole I guess.

Dude, I can't not press down on the L3 button of my playstation controller. When I was playing Socom on the PS2, I had to pay for a special controller where the r3/l3 buttons on the joystick were de-activated and new buttosn with those functions were placed next to the start and pause screens...

I goddamn HATE the r3/l3 buttons... nothing pisses me off more than getting into a badass fight, only for my toon to start ducking like an idiot in the middle of it because I get to excited and my fingers are heavy...

Dude, I can't not press down on the L3 button of my playstation controller. When I was playing Socom on the PS2, I had to pay for a special controller where the r3/l3 buttons on the joystick were de-activated and new buttosn with those functions were placed next to the start and pause screens...

I goddamn HATE the r3/l3 buttons... nothing pisses me off more than getting into a badass fight, only for my toon to start ducking like an idiot in the middle of it because I get to excited and my fingers are heavy...
Button remapping?

Probably a bunch of them on youtube I bet, just no one have had the idea of making them into a compilation although it would be hilarious to watch lol

I'm sure they will add cool animations in this game, the question is just how we want the animations to be. Personally I want something similar to Brink and/or Sleeping Dogs even though Brink brings back bad memories. It was the biggest disappointment of 2011 in terms of gaming. Not because of the animations though, I liked them, but the whole experience from the game in its whole I guess.
I know what you mean. It promised so much, and yet there was so little...

I play video games on a playstation... because I can't afford to keep ugrading my computer every month, and because x-box sucks...
I agree that Xbox is a pile excrement but I just would have thought that button remaping would have been an option. If it isn't, it should be.

I agree that Xbox is a pile excrement but I just would have thought that button remaping would have been an option. If it isn't, it should be.

Only so many buttons on a controller, and on all of them, not matter the l3/button controls, its going to suck...

Wis makes a good point.

We already know that CDPR plans on making a console version. For those of us (myself included) that can get heavy-handed, I hope the control layout is slick enough to be forgiving on a controller, without punishing PC players with a dumbed-down interface. Tricky balancing act.

I, ah, haven't upgraded my computer in two...three years? Hardware is well ahead of software demands these days. Metro Last Light looked fine at 2560 x 1600.

I really really find the controller awkward and auto-cover and the like very frustrating. Parkour in Sleeping Dogs was really a Quick Time Event and those are tiresome.

All I need is a sprint, jump/dodge and crouch keybind set for parkour and I'll be happy. Chasing Roy Batty across rain-slicked roof tops, years before Parkour became a reality.

I would like a fatigue mechanic based on your BODY stat, though.

...IS there a fatigue mechanic built in to the PnP?

Considering the amount of stuff players like to carry around (myself included,) seems like there should be one.

I don;t necessarily care about parkour, but a jump button damn well better be added... yes I know I have said this before, I mean it...

For a sandbox game, a jump and a crouch mechanic seems like a no-brainer. The omission of either would be a huge oversight, imo.

No, it would have meant, in combination with sprint or what-have-you, you could go places without a special trigger, that sometimes goes off when you are just.trying.to.do.something.else.

Tired of hopping over cars by accident. Or hurling myself over cover and at the bad guys fire because I'm sprinting but don't stop -quite- in time.

Just let me press jump when I want to jump. Thanks.

Top Bottom