Should park-our be added?

+
Totally agreen on some form of parkour, but not like Assassin's Creed, something more subtle, like Sleeping Dogs parkour, not that great, not that bad.

Totally agreen on some form of parkour, but not like Assassin's Creed, something more subtle, like Sleeping Dogs parkour, not that great, not that bad.

If it was smoothed out a lot more than Sleeping dogs, then fine.

I still love Brink's SMART button system though.

I wouldn't really want to see a parkour system in the game because we have already seen that in other games like Assassins Creed. I think that this game should be more focused on other elements that really make the genre stand out, and running around jumping works better in medieval europe than in a high tech city. I recently saw some gameplay footage of Watch Dogs and I thought that their integration of parkour style movement into crouching for cover/short sprints would be more of a style that fits Cyberpunk. I mean, if I climb to the top of a skyscraper its not like I should be able to jump into a convenient hay bale.

I wouldn't really want to see a parkour system in the game because we have already seen that in other games like Assassins Creed.

As soon as I read that line, I was going to ask you if you would you like one of these...

...but, you have actually pointed many of the points that are already listed in the thread. Many of us would agree that avoiding the Assasins Creed style of Parkour is the way to go and that we would only really wish to see any form of it as a 'freedom of movement' mechanic. Scaling towers should not be what it's there for.

Maybe getting more proficient at it should require upgrades?

I would actually go as far as to say it shoulod be linked to skills and stats. 'Athletics' and 'Movement Allowance' are obvious choices in thatr espect.

Of course, cybernetics like 'corvette' cyberlegs and griping feet would be pretty useful too.

I voted yes, so long as there are no freaken jump puzzles to complete content & missions like in SWTOR. I swear that kind of stuff made me quit.

I voted yes, so long as there are no freaken jump puzzles to complete content & missions like in SWTOR. I swear that kind of stuff made me quit.

Amen!! I hated having to try and jump up and over that junk. Parkour should be a skill linked to Ref. The more points you put in the skill the better you are. Just like any other skill. 1 point and you are a novice. 5 points in the skill you are a professional. 10 points in the skill and you are the grand poobah, one of the best in the world. All the punks are going to be gunning for you.

Amen!! I hated having to try and jump up and over that junk. Parkour should be a skill linked to Ref. The more points you put in the skill the better you are. Just like any other skill. 1 point and you are a novice. 5 points in the skill you are a professional. 10 points in the skill and you are the grand poobah, one of the best in the world. All the punks are going to be gunning for you.

Seriously? No link to Movement Allowance? Just Reflexes?

I can understand a combination of the two, taken as an average, but not just reflexes, it's too overworked as is, given that everything combat based is tied to it already.

Seriously? No link to Movement Allowance? Just Reflexes?

I can understand a combination of the two, taken as an average, but not just reflexes, it's too overworked as is, given that everything combat based is tied to it already.

No movement allowance. In all fairness it probably should be, but in CP 2020 there were no MA skills. You are right that to much goes to ref. That is one of the things we changed with house rules.

No movement allowance. In all fairness it probably should be, but in CP 2020 there were no MA skills. You are right that to much goes to ref. That is one of the things we changed with house rules.

I still see no reason not to introduce one. There are good guidelines in the 2020 rulebook that covers the creation of new skills. Also, I have never felt forced to use the corresponding stats to skills. I often mix and match as I see fit as a gm.

(edited because I R SPESHUL)

I still see no reason to introduce one. There are good guidelines in the 2020 rulebook that covers the creation of new skills. Also, I have never felt forced to use the corresponding stats to skills. I often mix and match as I see fit as a gm.

Agreed. And that's all I have to say in this entire thread. Now I'll never beat Sard :(

I still see no reason not to introduce one. There are good guidelines in the 2020 rulebook that covers the creation of new skills. Also, I have never felt forced to use the corresponding stats to skills. I often mix and match as I see fit as a gm.

(edited because I R SPESHUL)

Sure, as a GM you can make what ever adjustments you want. We certainly have. In the book though I do not remember any skills being linked.

Sure, as a GM you can make what ever adjustments you want. We certainly have. In the book though I do not remember any skills being linked.

There wasn't, but it also stated that the rulebook was not concise. As far as I am concerned, CDPR will be the 'GM' for 2077, so they should add skills as they see fit. Afterall, they won't be 'porting' 2020 directly but using it as a foundation.

Top Bottom